Essay PreviewMore ↓
I think there are ummm.... 5 of them. As I said they are all good looking guys. They run so fast. But I didn't notice that there is a guy next to me which is running also. And suddenly...
"Ouch!" that are the only word I can supply. There is a guy who hit me. One of those guys who are running. UGGHH! Great just great! What a first day to start by being lame. -.-" He stop running after he hit me. He comes closer to me. To apologize.
"Oh. Sorry. I didn't meant it." he apologize sincerly we'll I can see it on his beautiful blue eyes. Oh it is so tantalizing. Oh. Wait! What am I sayin? Hahaha.
"Oh. That's alright." I smiled to him as a sign that I am not mad and as a sign that I am alright.
"Are you sure? I can take you to the clinic if your not alright."
"No need I am alright."
"Hey John, Lets go?" His friend called his attetion. Oh. So his name is John huh?
"Yeah. Let's go!" then he turn to me. "Bye! I gotta go. See you around." then he smiled at me. His smile is such a beautiful smile. Oh. I am melting with his smile. x)
John. Woah. What a great name. John. What a such a lovely eyes. What a such great smile. What a such beautiful face he have. Oh yeah. He's so attractive. Hey what am I thinking of? I turn my head at the room number. Oh. It is room 205. So I get inside, then I look around but there is someone who catch my eye. Do you know who is it? It's John. The guy whom I met earlier. Ehmeged... x') His my classmate. :')
I seat on the 2nd row in the 3rd column. While John is seating at the 3rd row in the 2nd column. I really wish he'll notice me. I really do hope so.
"Miss! Miss!" He said. Ummmm... Whom is he talking to?
"Miss! Hey!" I didn't turn to him cause I know he is not talking to me.
Then I turn to see who is poking me.
"Finally." he said.
"Oh. Hey! Are you calling me?"
"Yes. And I seem you didn't care or I guess you didn't notice me."
"Nah. That's alright." he said with a smile.
"Ummm... By the way I am John."
"Hi. I am Cristina."
"You've got a pretty name huh."
How to Cite this Page
"Race to the Classroom." 123HelpMe.com. 10 Dec 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Teaching Race Explicitly in the Classroom Many literacy experts point out the fact that at the college level, black students who attend all-black schools tend to be more successful than those attending predominantly white schools. Even though these schools often lack resources and financial stability, they nonetheless produce more high achieving black students than predominantly white schools. For instance, according to Fleming, black students attending Historically Black Universities and Colleges (HBUC) have higher graduation rates than those attending predominately white institutions.... [tags: Education]
4741 words (13.5 pages)
- Race and Ethnicity in the Classroom Ethnic patterns are changing every year. It seems that the minority groups are rising and are getting stronger as every new school year starts. There are many minority groups in the school setting now. " Nearly half (46 percent) of school-age youths in the United States will be people of color by 2020 (Pallas, Natriello, and McDill 1989)". A minority group is "a group typically numerically inferior to the rest of the population state... (A.J. Jongman and A.P.... [tags: Teaching Education]
705 words (2 pages)
- The present day educational system has perpetuated the banking concept, a concept coined by Brazilian educator Paulo Freire, and allowed schools to become an authoritarian entity rather than one that exhibits a foundation for critical learning. Teachers are perceived as dictators and “sole creators of knowledge”(racial memories 218/5) and students are expected to be receptive bodies that memorize information and then regurgitate it. Students progress, in sum, has become a gain to produce high test scores instead of the exploration of intellectual freedom.... [tags: Education Reform Essays, Historic Conversations]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- Racism is such a huge controversy, especially in our country. As a country we have gone through so many obstacles with racism and still struggling with it. I never thought in a million years I will consider myself as a races person because I respect everyone for their beliefs and backgrounds. But after our Monday class over ism’s, made me thing that I do have racism with myself. I tend to sometimes judge people base of their ethnicity stereotypes, and I never assumed that would consider me races because of it.... [tags: Race, African American, Education, Classroom]
801 words (2.3 pages)
- Final Paper 1. Discuss some of the connections between housing and race in the United States. I will explain and report what is known about the connection between race and housing within the present day United States and how this concept has developed through the progression of our country. First, racial segregation was first observed when a majority of the Nation’s black and other minority populations moved to the inter-city to find work at minimum wage, entry-level factory positions. This phenomenon is seen in the Concentric Zone Theory, developed by Burgess and Park, which states that each centric zone is filled with its own distinct races and ethnicities, creating different cultures bet... [tags: Race, African American, White people]
1432 words (4.1 pages)
- One of many things that makes America great is a collaboration of ideas that we are able to express and discuss freely. There are a variety of controversial topics, not the least of which is racism. Racism is defined by Webster’s Dictionary as, “Discriminatory or abusive behavior towards members of another race”. Often, this is viewed as being discriminatory towards minorities, such as our black, Asian, or Hispanic communities. However, what is not commonly discussed is the idea that are so willingly to cast out any idea of inferiority against those communities, that in turn we are actually giving them unfair advantages in academics, namely scholarships.... [tags: Racism, Race, White people, Black people]
1413 words (4 pages)
- Race and Gender The race will always be a factor as long as people let it separate themselves from one another. Characteristics like race are necessary to make up one’s identity. Race and gender are the main features that define someone. In the essay After Ferguson Canedy talks about how her son is afraid to accept that he is African American. He was born light skin with blue eyes, which made him look Caucasian and since a lot of events where been happening with African Americans he was afraid that those events would make its way to him.... [tags: White people, Black people, Race]
1504 words (4.3 pages)
- In “Patrolling Racial Borders: Discrimination Against Mixed Race People," Heather Dalmage provides a brief history of and social context for the discrimination against multiracial people in the United States. She identifies people who discriminate against multiracial people as “border patrollers," or people who believe the color line is fixed and permanent, and thus they have the ability to discern between “themselves” and “others”. She goes on to identify broad areas of everyday life in which multicultural children are “patrolled” and face discrimination, through the patrolling of the child’s physicality, linguistics, interaction with embers of the out-group, geographies, and cultural capit... [tags: Racism, African American, Race, Multiracial]
1478 words (4.2 pages)
- There are many things that can define a course from the teacher, the peers in the class, and most importantly the information the class is taught on. Many times with school up until college you are stuck taking a class and do not have the option of picking the teacher in which you would like to learn from. In college I love that we can select the times and teacher based on what is offered, it lets a person create relationships with professors and better their education. However, it may have its benefits, college still requires you to take classes you do not want to take.... [tags: United States, Race, Racism, White American]
881 words (2.5 pages)
- Classroom Management Plan Theoretical Introduction Philosophy of Classroom Management My personal belief is that teaching is not just the profession of spitting out information to students that they in turn regurgitate to me. I think that teaching is a process of life learning for these students. I believe there are four extremely important factors that distinguish a well-disciplined class from others. They include the following factors: classroom environment, expectations and procedures, student-teacher relationships, and active learning.... [tags: Classroom Management Plan 2014]
3800 words (10.9 pages)
I think. I just blush. :')
"I guess there is no one sitting besid you. Mind if I seat next to you?" he asked.
"Oh. Nah I don't mind. Sure."
*The bell rang*
Ahhh.... Lunch break! Yey! \(^.^)/ I grab my lunchbox but John grabs my hand. So my lunch box fell on the ground.
"Hey! What are you going to do?"
"Let's go to the cafteria."
"No. I won't be going to the cafeteria. Mom preapared my lunch."
"Oh. Eat that later. I'll be treating you."
"Yes, of course what are friends for. Right?!"
"What?! Friends? I didn't remember that were already friends."
"Yup. We are friends already. Wether you like it or not."
"Okay." I said in a low cold voice.
Well I think his cute, nice and funny.
~At the cafeteria~
We are sitting at a table near on the door. There are so many people on the cafeteria mostly are eating of course and some are just chatting around having fun.
"So Cristina. What do you want for lunch?"
"Okay. I'll be back in a minute. Okay just stay here."
When he came back he is holding a tray wherein there is 2 plate of spaghetti balony.
"Wow. Spaaaaggggggghhhheeettttttiiiiiii..." I said with a jolly voice. \(^.^)/ Like I am a kid. x) He laughs with my reaction.
"Oh. Is it your first time to eat Spaaaaggggggghhhheeettttttiiiiiii...?" He copied my same pronounciation and feelings when I told the word spaghetti like he is annoying me.
"No it isn't. I just freaking love spaghetti."
"Oh. You love Spaaaaggggggghhhheeettttttiiiiiii... too."
So we start eating and while we are eating we are talking to each other.
After we ate he check his clock.
"We need to go back to the classroom quickly it's almost time." He said.
"Oh. Yeah let's go to the classroom fast."
Cause we are in a hurry we run to classroom and it turn out be a race. :) Our race was so fun. It's a bit tiring but it's alright to me. But the there's a teacher who saw as running she is Ms. Gomez our teacher in Mathematics.
"Hey Ms.De Vera and Mr. Pineda stop running."
We stopped the race and walk through the classroom but still fast of course cause we are in a hurry.
And the another half of the class was fun we have activities to know each other more.