Important tricks and tips before you start decorating - One of the most important cake decorating tips is to trim off the top of a cake with a serrated knife to make it level. Next is to cut the cake into layers horizontally. Spread a layer of jam, whipped cream or icing between the layers.
Cream base – When it comes to decorating cakes, fresh cream can be your best friend. Add castor sugar to a cup of fresh cream and whisk it for a few minutes till the mixture is stiff. You may use a fork to whisk manually, or use an electric or hand mixer. You may also add a couple of teaspoons of vanilla, coffee, chocolate or any other flavour and egg whites to the mixture. To make it colourful, add a few drops of food colouring agents. Alternatively, you may use ready-to-use whipped cream in powder or foam forms. Once you have your cream mixture ready apply it uniformly on your ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Hosting an inexpensive baby shower is not so hard. Afterall is not the amount of money spent that matters, but the inspirational ideas that can be approached is infinite. Most of the modern baby showers are do it yourself decorated parties starting from food to every kind of activity entertained. So here are five inexpensive ideas you can have in mind when thinking organising a baby shower. 1) Baby girl shower - if there's a celebration of a baby girl then the best idea is to plan a tulle themed party.... [tags: celebrating the coming of a baby]
567 words (1.6 pages)
- ... The last cake I made for my son took 22 hours to decorate and cost 20 dollars to make (would have cost close to 100 at a store). From forming Mario and Yoshi out of rice crispy treats; to painting the figures with frosting, which was no easy task. Frosting tends to dry quickly so water must be added frequently to avoid this. When there is a date a cake is due by; keep the amount of time needed in mind, before tackling large decorating tasks. Another thing to keep in mind when deciding to make or buy a cake is the price.... [tags: time, price, taste, texture, decorating]
696 words (2 pages)
- Are you tired of how your bathroom looks but just don't know how to improve its style. Well there are a few ways to enhance your bathroom's current decor without having to endure an entire remodeling project. By using these bathroom decorating ideas, you will be able to enhance your bathroom's current look without having to hire a plumber, painter, or other construction professional to help you with the job. The first of the bathroom decorating ideas that we will look at is adding towel rings in your bathroom.... [tags: Towel Rings, Soap Dishes]
492 words (1.4 pages)
- A chocolate cake should be easy and fun to make at home with friends, family, or even your children. They could help you and learn how to make a chocolate cake too. It could be a perfect cake for a birthday party, friends to come over, or a Thanksgiving and Christmas party dessert. The decadent dessert is great for chocolate lovers and will be a hit at your next party. The cake shouldn 't take you long to make it, but you will make a lot of mess doing the cake. Making a decision chocolate cracks cake would be a great treat that you will enjoy.... [tags: Milk, Chocolate, Cake, Butter]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- The Economics on How To Cake It How To Cake It is a YouTube channel that shows the steps taken to create cakes that do not look like cakes (they often times are made to look like other foods). This show relates to the ideas of economics in many ways. The first few ways are focused on how people make decisions. In the show How To Cake It every week they create a different themed cake. They make this choice each week based on suggestions in the comments of the previous videos. Their team must then choose from the top two suggestions and choose the theme they’d like to do for that week.... [tags: Baking, Economics, Cake]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- How To Make A Chocolate Cracks Cake A chocolate cake should be easy and fun to make at home with friends, family, or even your children. They could help you and learn how to make a chocolate cake too. It could be a perfect cake for a birthday party, friends to come over, or a Thanksgivings and Christmas party dessert. The decadent dessert is great for chocolate lovers and will be a hit at your next party. The cake shouldn 't take you long to make it, but you will make a lot of mess doing the cake.... [tags: Milk, Chocolate, Cake, Butter]
885 words (2.5 pages)
- There are very few once in a lifetime events quite like your wedding day. From the flowers and dress to the flavor of the cake, the option to plan and personalize your wedding with your own unique wedding ideas is truly in your court. And we 've all been to dozens of weddings that follow the standard format - the rehearsal and subsequent dinner, the wedding ceremony where the bridesmaids, groomsmen, and couple walked formally down the aisle, and, finally, the reception, where dancing and dinner is bound to follow.... [tags: Wedding, Marriage, Wedding cake]
878 words (2.5 pages)
- It's the Cake The title above comes from a comment made by author Jerry Hirschberg. "Creative activity [isn't] the icing on the cake. Human creativity is the cake." Getting a bite of this cake is what proves to be frustrating for some people. Simply put, there isn't one sure-fire method to achieve creative success. However, there are certainly underlying attitudes and patterns that one can perceive in creative people, (and in this most humble of papers), I will attempt to show to you through texts such as Hirschberg's The Creative Priority and my own forays with Madame Creatividad that experiencing creativity is simply a matter of opening yourself up to the world around you.... [tags: Creative Creativity Essays]
1518 words (4.3 pages)
- The cake we know today is not the same as it was in the 17th Century. As the year’s progressed bakers and chefs alike began changing the way a cake was made. The recipe of a simple vanilla cake became in essence the building block for the other types of cakes. The basic cake recipe is like the trunk and roots of a tree while the other flavors and types of cake are the branches and the leaves. Changes have not only been made to the recipe of a cake but we have changed the use of it. Nowadays cakes are used to celebrate a birthday, a wedding, and sometimes used just as a treat for people to indulge.... [tags: Confections]
1326 words (3.8 pages)
- Asian wedding cake: Weddings are an integral part of all cultures. The customs and traditions of the different culture vary from each other. Similarly Western weddings are quite different from the Asian weddings. A wedding cake is a very significant tradition of the Western weddings. Although not so significant, but the tradition of wedding cakes at Asian wedding is increasingly becoming popular. As such the Asian wedding cakes are baked in exquisite designs and delicious taste. Meaning: The phrase ‘Asian wedding cakes’ is a comprehensive term meaning cakes of different countries or cultures in Asia, like Japanese wedding cakes, Chinese wedding cakes, Indian wedding cakes, Korean wedding c... [tags: Culture]
854 words (2.4 pages)