Essay PreviewMore ↓
When it comes to doing an investigation it is a lot of hard detailed work and most individuals would not be able to begin doing the detailed search involved in finding out the information needed. Investigators have to spend a great deal of time doing boring research or going through records to find some of the information needed.
Most people think of cheating spouses when the term private investigator comes up, however, they do a lot more than just spy on spouses. An investigator is perfect for finding someone who is missing such as runaway children or long seen family members.
Many times an investigator will be hired by a corporation to do a background check on possible employees. They also may be hired to investigate possible fraud cases by the government for individuals receiving state or government money they may not deserve to get. For example, if an individual is receiving money for workers compensation yet there have been reports of them working in physical work. An investigator can be used as a witness in certain court cases when they can provide relevant information. They are also bound to confidentiality for any information unless they are aware of information that could do harm to someone.
Should you have the reasons to consider hiring an investigator you should check to verify if they are currently licensed as an investigator. You can request references, however, most of the time an investigator will not be able to provide personal case references as they have a duty to their previous client to keep them and their information confidential. You could and should inquire about any experience they have and the amount of time they have been an investigator.
You must ask what the fee will be and exactly what the fee covers. Often if an investigator needs to travel for your case there will be additional fees for hotels and other travel expenses. Let the investigator know you would like a plan of action, in other words you want to know what they intend to do in regards to your case.
How to Cite this Page
"Questions To Ask Before Hiring A North Carolina Private Investigator." 123HelpMe.com. 24 Sep 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Did you know that the first private investigation agency was started by a criminal. While conducting research over this particular topic I learned a lot of interesting information regarding the type of work done by private investigators, as well as the potential employment opportunities. This world is a crazy and deceptive place and it is up to us to get to the truth of everything. Becoming a private investigator will be a time consuming, potentially dangerous, yet extremely rewarding career path.... [tags: Surveillance, Communication, Public Relations]
1904 words (5.4 pages)
- The coastal areas of North Carolina are the most dynamic and active systems of all the natural systems in the state. In the coastal areas the hydrosphere, atmosphere, and lithosphere all interact and interrelate to one another in a fashion of spectacle that gravitates people of all backgrounds to enjoy in the fruits it has to offer. This expanse of natural splendor though is facing a troubling situation as sea levels continue to rise, temperature intensity augments at new heights, and other climate impacting factors put the coast at risk.... [tags: private property, Beachfront Management Act]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- Criminal Investigator Imagine pulling into your driveway and seeing your neighbor’s house surrounded by police, flashing lights, and caution tape with bodies covered in white sheet on the lawn. It was a drive by shooting. Next, a van pulls up and a Criminal Investigator steps out and starts assessing the crime scene. She begins taking photos, marking shell casings, packaging evidence, documenting tire treads on the pavement and inspecting and collecting DNA evidence from the bodies. Criminal Investigators are highly trained college graduates that are a vital part of bringing criminals to justice.... [tags: justice, education, salary]
643 words (1.8 pages)
- When asked why private security contractors are important for the U.S. military a former specialist for the United States Army replied, “It’s the extra sense of security. Strength in numbers. The United States Government won’t deploy more troops overseas but they will hire these private companies to help us out” (Ruohenen). Habib Moody, a student at Yale University, is the author of “Soldiers for Rent”. In this article written for The New Atlantis, Moody argues that the government should not be hiring companies to fight the war for our soldiers.... [tags: private security contractors]
1651 words (4.7 pages)
- Children from low-income families face a dual problem of fewer educational advantages during their life. In Longs, South Carolina, a Catholic school exist which many parents send their children for the best education possible instead of public school. Schools across the United States have numerous difficulties of youth not attending and graduating high school. Parents either know of or have witnessed illegal activity within a vicinity of public schools. The literature that is provided to teach these children is not efficient and effective.... [tags: education, poverty, communities]
744 words (2.1 pages)
- Private Military and Security Companies The modern Private Military and Security Company (PMSC) came to be after the end of the Cold War. An increase in government interest in privatization and outsourcing combined with an age of warfare where civilians and combatants were increasing difficult to differentiate created the perfect environment for PMSCs to expand (Singer). Although PMSCs play an integral role in providing basic services for the United States military, the extent of their role must be reevaluated because they have been criticized for unscrupulous financial practices and lack of accountability and transparency.... [tags: cold war, outsourcing, private contracts]
909 words (2.6 pages)
- Definition of Terms Before we begin we must first understand the different definitions of proprietary and contract security operations. There are many definitions and explanations that are used to distinguish between the two but I will use the definitions provided by Fischer, in his book titled Introduction to Security. “Proprietary security operations are those that are “in-house,” or controlled entirely by the company establishing security for its operations” Fischer, Robert; Halibozek, Edward; Walters, David (2012-11-23).... [tags: Private Security Contractors]
4403 words (12.6 pages)
- Love in Allison's Bastard Out of Carolina "Love" is a word, a signifier, tied to many meanings, all different in context, cultures, and ideologies. Love is used numerous ways in Allison's Bastard Out of Carolina, by many characters. In the character of Bone, love is a confused thing, always changing, as Bone uses it to fit her life on the fly. In relation to parental love, Bone wants Daddy Glen to love her. However, early in the book, Bone's conception of "love" is that of a child, obviously.... [tags: Bastard Out of Carolina Essays]
653 words (1.9 pages)
- Hiring Police Officers Hiring police officers to perform private security work has positive aspects and potential pitfalls. Business owners vary in their opinion on hiring police officers. Liability and cost are reasons some prefer to hire private security guards or take other security measures. Other business owners prefer the training, professionalism, deterrence, and authority that come with hiring a police officer. Due to lawsuits involving off-duty police officers, the Courts have had to develop tests to determine when a moonlighting police officer is working under the authority of the private company or in the role of a peace officer.... [tags: Security Safety Law Enforcement Essays]
4124 words (11.8 pages)
- Carolina Carolina Arboleda was born in Columbia before moving to Greenwich six years ago. She moved to America along with her mother’s side of the family, while her father and his blood related family members remain in Columbia. Carolina’s first impression of Greenwich was that it is a fairly boring town, with an absence of activities and places to go. She did however praise the good school system, and hoped to make the best of her new life. Family is very important to Carolina. She has a brother who is three years old and a sister who is fourteen years old.... [tags: Essays Papers]
532 words (1.5 pages)
To hire a North Carolina private investigator you may have to do a little research to find an investigator for your specific needs. There are investigators that specialize in divorce cases to missing people and everything in between. When preparing to hire them, interview the investigator as you would talk to a prospective employee. Also make specific details known, such as the times you would like to be contacted and how often.