S.W.O.T. - Weaknesses
The six weaknesses identified by CFVC were their small budget, lack of staff, inconsistent intern participation, lack of name recognition, consistency of loyalty, and misunderstanding of domain in the community.
Just like most other non-profit organizations, financial resources are a concern for the CFVC. The center listed the size of their budget as a weakness. They feel that it limits them and their impact.
Stemming from the lack of financial resources, the lack of staff was also identified as a weakness. The CFVC has a physical office, but they have no full-time staff to run the office. Annie is the only person who is available consistently to contact and to run daily operations.
The center works with college students to employ them as interns. While they have interest in this program and receive new intern applications each semester, they have an issue with consistent participation.
One of the most prominent weaknesses and one that was discussed the furthest was the lack of name recognition for the CFVC. Everyone knows Big Buddy, and everyone knows Annie Anthony, but very few people know the Cape Fear Volunteer Center, and even fewer know that all three of those entities work together. There are many problems that can stem from a lack of name recognition. Lack of name recognition can influence the amount of funding received, the perceived legitimacy in the community, and ultimately the overall community impact.
The consistency of participant loyalty was addressed as a weakness. This is an issue that many non-profit organizations face. Non-profit work can be exhausting. Most people become involved with a specific non-profit organization because they are passionate about its cause. However, it is easy ...
... middle of paper ...
...eer Center must address these funding issues. It is simple to state that the organization needs more money but it is more difficult to state how. Currently the bulk of Cape Fear Volunteer Center’s funding comes fundraising events such as the Azalea Children’s Tea, and the annual 5K. However, it has been noted that there is a lack of individual or repeat donors and there is little to no corporate sponsorship. Additionally, it was noted that because there is very little data recorded for the organization, Cape Fear Volunteer Center struggles to obtain grants.
Cape Fear Volunteer Center must work in each, or at least two, of these areas in order to improve their current financial state. Without funding the organization will continue to lack a full-time staff and will need to consider restructuring or eliminating some of their programs to continue providing services.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- How good was Hitler as a military commander. Was he, as his former subordinates claimed after World War Two ended, a meddlesome amateur who kept them from conducting the war properly. What were his strengths and weaknesses, his goals and methods. The answers to these questions reveal a man who was indeed responsible for Germany's downfall, though not entirely in the way that his generals claimed. Hitler was ... determined to command personally. Hitler was, first and foremost, determined to command personally.... [tags: military, power, details]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- It is impossible to tell if it was by brilliant design or just dumb luck that the credit card processors have found a way to circumvent the internal controls that most organizations use in processing and approving the payment of expenses. Most vendors are not paid until their invoice goes through a number of approvals; the credit card processors just take the fee from the merchants account or withhold the funds from the payment. Most companies just make an entry recording the processing fees; usually it is done on a “it is what it is” basis.... [tags: Cheque, Credit card, Debit card, Deposit account]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
- Strengths and Weaknesses Every career requires specific soft skills in order to consider pursuing degree in that specific field. As a psychology major, some of the soft skills I need are Communication, Time management and Critical thinking. It’s very important for me to be fascinated with what I do in order to help others. The reason I picked these three soft skills is because having these skills can make me a great psychologist. Communication is required in every field of career, jobs or any sort of workplace.... [tags: Critical thinking, Thought, Psychology, Mind]
898 words (2.6 pages)
- Weaknesses of the Big Bang Theory The big bang theory was first suggested by a Belgian priest named Georges Lemaitre in the 1920s, when he suggested that the universe began from a single primordial atom. However the big bang theory was born from the observations which were made by Edwin Hubble that other galaxies were moving from earth at a high speed in different directions. This theory was further boosted by the Arno and Penzias Wilson’s discovery of cosmic microwave radiation, which is believed to be the tangible remnant leftover light from the big bang.... [tags: Georges Lemaitre, Hubble, order]
1649 words (4.7 pages)
- In this part of the assignment, I will be reviewing the strengths and weaknesses that were shown when I was using counselling skills on my client. I believe that there were more strengths when I was showing counselling skills compared to the weaknesses that there were. The start of the conversation can be seen as a strength because the skilled helper introduced who they were and then they told the client about the confidentiality statement. This could be seen as a strength because the client would know what the boundaries are in the session and what the skilled helper has to do when they are aware that the client may be in danger of harming themselves.... [tags: Understanding, Knowledge, Awareness, Feeling]
1554 words (4.4 pages)
- Educational researchers study human experience and seek to understand the motivation, decision-making, quality, and value of what occurs throughout the learning process and in the school setting, making the context of the research social in nature. Social sciences utilize qualitative methodologies in order to understand how and why participants do what they do in certain situations. Qualitative methodologies examine a single circumstance in its entirety by analyzing all the specific parts together as a whole, while quantitative methodologies gather data on a specific part of the whole but in much larger quantities of that single instance.... [tags: Scientific method, Research]
1340 words (3.8 pages)
- Introduction Qualitative research proposes explanations for certain happenings and supports the theory based in the research question. Unlike quantitative data, which is computed and measured; qualitative data is collected in words, insights, perspectives, attitudes, and behaviors. Qualitative data is often used a support for the; explaining the statistical outcomes. The major weaknesses of qualitative research are more focused on the individuals; researcher and research subject. Subjectivity, influence of personal biases, and connection/lack thereof to research theory are all potential issues.... [tags: behaviors, individuals, quantitative data]
657 words (1.9 pages)
- Weaknesses Can Be Improved Have you ever started writing a paper with no idea where to begin. This is one aspect of writing that I continue to struggle with. For some reason, starting with a blank white screen on a word document staring me in the face is intimidating. Even though I know what I am going to write about, I have a hard time finding that perfect sentence to begin with that catches the reader’s attention, and at the same time leads into my thesis statement. In addition to finding a way to start my paper, I have come to the realization that I generally struggle with the use of the comma, making my thesis clear, and repetition.... [tags: Writing, Better, Paper, Typography]
1266 words (3.6 pages)
- The objective of this paper is to show you the personal strengths and weakness that I identified by asking friends and family their opinion on the topic regarding yours truly, and by examining myself for areas that I am really good at (also known as strengths) and areas I need to improve (otherwise known as weaknesses). After I have identified them, I will tell you how recognizing my strengths and weakness can help me to improve myself to achieve a more peaceful and satisfying personal life. I will start with the unflattering information first and list my most obvious weaknesses.... [tags: essays research papers]
894 words (2.6 pages)
- I am going to write about my personal strengths and weaknesses. I would like to start out by going over my personal strengths. Then I will go over some of my personal weaknesses. Finally I will compose a plan of action to take to improve on my weaknesses. I am an honest person. I tell people what I am thinking and how I feel. Even if they don't like what I have to say. Being honest has helped me become closer to the people I care about most. It has also helped me in my professional career. I will tell my boss what's on my mind.... [tags: Self Improvement]
1170 words (3.3 pages)