Nafisa is working on letter and word recognition in reading group. Nafisa is making appropriate progress at his instructional level, but still performing below grade level. Nafisa is an energetic, polite, and respectful student. She follows classroom rules and routines. She is working towards mastering basic math facts in fact fluency. Nafisa would benefit from daily reading practice in order to strengthen fluency and comprehension of text.
David participates in classroom activities by asking and answering question, giving personal opinions, and expressing ideas on a topic under study. David demonstrates a strong knowledge of the material covered in the 3rd grade. He is reading independently at a beginning of 4th grade reading level as indicated by the DRA. Keep working hard David!
Quentin has been producing quality third grade work from the first day of school. Quentin tackles new challenges with a positive attitude. He uses strategies such as making connections, asking questions about the text, and inferencing to aid in reading comprehension. He has shown little struggle with 2nd marking period math concepts and is gaining fact fluency for basic math facts. Keep up the good work Quentin!
Emma has been producing quality third grade work from the first day of school. Emma tackles new challenges with a positive attitude. She uses strategies such as making connections, asking questions about the text, and inferencing to aid in reading comprehension. Emma is working hard to gain fact fluency for basic math facts. Keep up the good work Emma!
Brooke is an active learner in the classroom. She is able to share ideas with others and work in different group situations. Brooke is reading independent...
... middle of paper ...
.... Marcus is working on using a friendly tone of voice when speaking to classmates and friends.
Kaylee is an enthusiastic and energetic member of our classroom. She arrives to school each day with a smile, ready to learn. Kaylee is working in reading group to build her reading fluency during her double dose of reading instruction. Kaylee has shown little struggle with 2nd marking period math concepts. She is working hard to master basic math facts. Keep up the good work Kaylee!
Hunter is an energetic and enthusiastic learner. However, Hunter struggles with attention to task which is interfering with his learning. Hunter requires preferential seating near the source of instruction to minimize distraction and reminders to stay on task. Hunter is working on straying on task, following directions the first time given, and respecting other classmates.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Most adults are able to see words and instantly know their meaning. For example, we will see the word futon and associate it with furniture and not foods. Word recognition is a skill that is developed over years and occurs in stages. It is important for teachers to recognize these stages and Jennings, Caldwell and Lerner (2010) stress that knowing those stages will allow teachers to help those students with reading troubles (pg. 191). The first stage Jennings, Caldwell and Lerner (2010) mentioned is Logographic or the visual cue reading stage.... [tags: Education, Phonics ]
702 words (2 pages)
- A Character Analysis of Pearl in Nathaniel Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter Word Count Includes Outline at the End of the Paper The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne is a book of much symbolism. One of the most complex and misunderstood symbols in the book is Pearl, the illegitimate daughter of Hester Prynne and Reverend Arthur Dimmesdale. Throughout the novel Pearl develops into a dynamic symbol; one that is always changing. In the following essay, I will explore Hawthorne's symbolism of Pearl from birth, age three, and age seven.... [tags: Scarlet Letter Hester Hawthorne Pearl Essays]
1496 words (4.3 pages)
- Hawthorne further employs amazing literary techniques in his novel through the use of motifs, developed by symbols within the book. One of these motifs developed through symbolism is the motif of harsh Puritan punishment. This is first seen near the jail cell in which Hester was being detained for some time prior to the start of the novel. The entryway to the prison, an “… iron-clamped oaken door…” is a symbol used to develop this motif (43). The symbol lies in the word “oaken”, which, as stated previously, the oak tree a strong symbol for the Puritans and their practices.... [tags: Puritan, The Scarlet Letter, John Winthrop]
961 words (2.7 pages)
- A child having trouble reading may have trouble in one or two important skills needed for reading. The child may be struggling with the language comprehension or with the word recognition strand of Holly Scarborough’s reading model (17). According to Scarborough, (17) word recognition is broken down into three skills “phonological awareness, decoding, and sight recognition”. The skills are then broken down into small skills such as alphabetic principle, phonological awareness, and sound-spelling correspondences (Scarborough 17).... [tags: Skills, Principles, Youth]
501 words (1.4 pages)
- What is to love you. Is it just a four letter word. An idea or concept. Well I can 't give you an answer to the questions but I can tell you what love meant and now means to me. Love once meant to me the feeling of pain, being brought to cloud nine to just get thrown down to the ground. I didn’t know what love was, it was just taught to me through abuse both verbal and physical. I was trapped, and I was lost to what it meant. Love to me was just a meaningless word. It didn’t mean anything to me, I thought it was just a justified way to hurt someone.... [tags: Debut albums, English-language films]
1031 words (2.9 pages)
- Name: Kirstin Cain Directions: Type in your transcript in the middle column; they table will expand as you type. Number Dialogue Comments 1. Kirstin: Hi Patricia. How are you? Greeting. 2. Patricia: I am a little down at the moment. 3. Kirstin: What’s going on? Open question. 4. Patricia: I just found out I was pregnant. 5. Kirstin: Mmmm, that’s news. Prompt. 6. Patricia: Yeah. 7. Kirstin: How are you feeling about it? Open question. 8. Patricia: Scared. I do not know what to do. 9. Kirstin: How many kids do you have now? Information seeking closed question.... [tags: Question, Sentence, Interrogative word, Questions]
1746 words (5 pages)
- Studies of Bilateral Visual Fields on Word Recognition Previous research suggests a significant difference in word recognition time between the left and right visual fields, with word recognition and response time of the right visual field significantly faster than the left visual field. The current study investigated bilateral visual fields on word recognition time by means of an online computer program consisting of 55 participants. It was hypothesized that men would respond faster than women, and the right visual field reaction times would be faster than the left.... [tags: Vision Case Studies Psychology Essays]
4242 words (12.1 pages)
- Speech recognition is the process by which the computer uses special software that enables the computer to take in what is said by a specific human or humans and be able to translate it in computer language so that the computer could now act on the instructions given to it. Just like clicking with your mouse, typing on your keyboard, or pressing a key on the phone keypad provides input to an application, speech recognition allows you to provide input by talking. Speech is basically just another user interface, an input method, like using a mouse or a keyboard.... [tags: Language ]
1097 words (3.1 pages)
- Permutations of a Four Letter Word In this piece of coursework my initial aim is to investigate how many different combinations there are for four letters (e.g. ABCD), I also intend to develop this to investigate the way in which by altering the letters to form other kinds of combinations (e.g. ABCC or AAB) the number is affected. Once I have found the general formulae, I will apply these to harder situations and this is what I am aiming to do. I am trying to find the general formulae which can be applied to all situations we set about this by looking at the simplest scenario first i.e.... [tags: Papers]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- “St. John's Lutheran School exists to help families pass their faith in the Lord Jesus to their children through a Christ-centered educational program and to help the children fully develop their God-given gifts.” Dear Pastor, St. John’s Lutheran School has been a beacon of Christian education since 1876. As with other parochial schools, we find enrollment has declined and while this provides for some very favorable teacher to student ratios, the reality is that is it not good stewardship on our part to allow this to continue.... [tags: Letter]
885 words (2.5 pages)
- Why The Need For Development Of Ebpp
- Minimum Tax And Income Tax Rate
- Criminal Justice Field With Education And Learning, Promotions And Raises At Every Door
- Swot Analysis : The National Commission For Civic Education
- I Am Gregory Dukes, And I
- The Interrogation Room Is An Existent Enigma Within Democratic Societies