Instructions: Identify a local farmers’ market to visit. A local farmer’ market can be easily found by searching on the internet. Identify when the farmers’ market occurs. Visit the farmers’ market. Please note that a farmer 's market usually takes place in the parking lot, where farmers display their goods under tents. Visiting a grocery store that has "farmer 's market" as part of its description is not a farmer 's market. While at the market, take a picture of you and the farmer (the one you choose to interview) with his/her stall in the background and attach a copy of that picture to this assignment. Pictures submitted without student will be docked points. Type out detailed responses to the questions; hand written assignments will not receive any credits. Complete all the information in the box below. Submit an electronic copy online through Blackboard. Do not email the assignment to the instructor.
Student 's Name NHU ANH NGUYEN
Farmer’s Market Location: City and Address IRVINE MARINES CHURCH
ADDRESS: 5001 NEWPORT COAST DR, IRVINE, CA 92603
Day of Week & Time of Market DAY OF WEEK: SATURDAY
TIME OF MARKET: 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Farmers’ Market Manager Name TRISH HARRISON
Date of Your Visit to the Market 11/19/2016
1. Identify a farmer or other producer at the market. What kind of products does the farmer grow and sell throughout the year?
- A farmer, who from Meños Organic Farms, grows and sells organic vegetables, such as cabbage, turnip, carrots, beans, potatoes, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, green onions, garlics, yams, radish, pepper, and more. She also sells organic juices.
- Other producers sell vegetables, fruits, flowers, poultry, beef, eggs, lamb, butter, honey, diffe...
... middle of paper ...
... many kinds of dry fruits that are very tasty and no sugar added. I have never heard of these things until the day I came to Irvine Farmers Market. I also saw Cal Poly Pomona’s stand.
6. Are there farmers at the market who produce and sell organic products? If so, what products? Observe the organic product and compare it to a non-organic version. Please describe in detail your observations.
- Yes, there are farmers at the market who produce and sell organic products, such as olive oil, beef, eggs, poultry, vegetables, fruits, butter, cheese, and more.
- The organic product comes in variable size and shape, and it does not look “perfect” like non-organic product. A non-organic product seems to look the same.
+ I think the taste between the organic and non-organic product is slightly difference. The organic product costs more than non-organic product.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Unit Number: 1 Unit Title: Business Environment Unit 1: Business Environment Assignment Cover Sheet Assignment No: ............................................. I hereby confirm that this assignment is my own work. I have identified and acknowledged all sources used in this assignment and have referenced according to the Harvard referencing system. I have read and understood the Plagiarism and Collusion section provided with the assignment brief and understood the consequences of plagiarising.... [tags: Social responsibility]
1737 words (5 pages)
- What’s the difference between Walmart and a farmers’ market. What causes these differences. And, what are we more partial to. Tracie McMillan delves into the intricacies and complications of our nation’s food industry in The American Way of Eating. Specifically, as McMillan integrates herself into the farming and grocer/selling aspect of the industry, it is evident the food system has been extremely successful in offering ‘abundance, accessibility, and affordability’ to its consumer. In doing so, the industry has effectively implanted an industrialized system which is, in part, reason for its ability to offer ‘abundance, accessibility, and affordability’; the industry has been equally prospe... [tags: Agriculture, Industry, Food, Supermarket]
1858 words (5.3 pages)
- Before agreeing to accept the assignment, these are questions Patricia needs to ask. What is the assignment. Patricia should ensure that she understand what the assignment entails and if there is anything she is unsure about, she should get clarification and avoid making assumptions. What are the characteristics of the patients being assigned. Patricia should be aware of the types of patients she will be working with, their acuity, resources that are available and the team that she will be working with in addition to discharges and readmissions.... [tags: Nursing, Registered nurse, Physician, Patient]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- INTRODUCTION One of the fundamental topics in the foreign exchange market is to know how information is reflected in the determination of prices. This question is also true for any topics in financial economics but it is all the more important in the currencies market, which is the largest market in the world. The first searches about the correlation between the releases of macroeconomic data and the foreign exchange rate between two currencies were made in the early 1980s. Meese and Rogoff (1983) first try to demonstrate that exchange rates could not be explained by fundamentals.... [tags: Foreign exchange market, Exchange rate]
1307 words (3.7 pages)
- The farmers of the Great Depression did benefit from “New Deal”. The New Deal was mainly focused one them and the government tried many ways and started many organizations to help them from being taken advantage of like they had been in previous years. As Raymond Moley saw it the first New Deal was radical different from normal American life styles. This New Deal put much more power into the central Government, but this was a necessary evil mostly in the economic playing arena of agriculture, due to the farmers were on the edge of anarchy.... [tags: Farmers, New Deal, history, ]
678 words (1.9 pages)
- Nowadays, it is not rare to see farmers markets scatter all over the country especially during the summer. As people begin to gain more knowledge about healthy eating, more farmers begin to set up tents and tables to sell their produce. No matter how cold it is or how busy people are, the markets are always packed with people. The large number of people going there might cause others to questions many things. How did these people know when and where these markets are opening. The answer to this question is short and simple: a blog or a website.... [tags: heath, vendors, organic]
1452 words (4.1 pages)
- MBA 621 Case Assignment 1. The financial market is a mechanism of redistribution of capital between lenders and borrowers with the help of intermediaries on the basis of supply and demand for capital. In reality, it is a combination of credit and financial institutions of the country, which redistribute the cash flows between the owners and borrowers. The main function of the financial market is the conversion of inactive cash into loan capital. At the same time, its main point is not only redistributing of the financial resources but also determining the direction of redistribution.... [tags: Stock, Stock market, Stock exchange]
2309 words (6.6 pages)
- Sir Powers 10/26/16 International Business Chapter 8&9 key questions foreign exchange market instruments Chapter 8 Key questions: 1. A key point in taking a company international is arbitrage or taking advantage of a price difference. Take for instance Samsung in China. They are dominating the market against their rival Apple 3-1. Apple introduced a cheaper international version of the iPhone in response but is losing its high-end market to Samsung. Samsung mobile devices are the first choice among corporate executives.... [tags: Foreign exchange market, Central bank]
1338 words (3.8 pages)
- Agriculture…what does agriculture actually mean. According to the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, the definition of agriculture is: “the science, art, or practice of cultivating the soil, producing crops, and raising livestock and in varying degrees the preparation and marketing of the resulting products.” But, the soil cannot cultivate itself, the crops cannot produce themselves, and livestock cannot raise themselves, just as the agricultural products cannot prepare nor market themselves. Who are the people who work under the hot sun and cold rain tirelessly for hours tending to the crops and herds of livestock.... [tags: Agriculture, Georgia, USA, farmers, ]
535 words (1.5 pages)
- Purpose: You will write a four-page MLA style report on a topic of you choice along with three areas of the topic, with teacher approval on a submitted memo. You will do a smart search for information and write a five section report on the topic using proper MLA style format as well as correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. Good writing is also an expected criterion for this assignment. Project: 100 points DIRECTIONS: MEMO- 20 points 1. Save as MLAReportMemo.docx. Select a topic and type a memo to Mrs.... [tags: Assignment]
690 words (2 pages)
- Management Of The Golden State Manufacturer Is A Huge Organization Generating Technologies
- Jury Verdict On The Trial
- School Speech : School Day Time Changes
- What Is Curate Content So That You May Share Your Work With The World
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder ( Ptsd )
- The Human Resources Frame Focuses On The Personnel