Assignment 1: Choose Potential Topics and Reference Management System Potential Topics and Reference Management System
Samanthea L. Price
February 14, 2015
The Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) with a specialization in Computer and Information Security is the degree program that I have chosen to pursue. I chose the DBA degree path instead of the Ph.D. because of my professional experience in the computer information technology industry. The Contribution of New Knowledge for the DBA program should be incremental and practical according to the Northcentral University Differentiating Ph.D. and Applied Doctorates document provided as a reference on the NCU Dissertation Center website (2015, February 12) retrieved from http://learners.ncu.edu/ncu_diss/default.aspx. This paper will discuss a brief list of research topics that I have chosen that appear to be applicable and practical to the DBA degree program of Computer and Information Security in professional industry and organizations.
Computer and Information Security
My professional career spans over twenty-five years in Information Technology and the decision to specialize in the Computer and Information Security concentration was the best fit for my degree program. One of my research topics will concentrate on the relationship of global information security between the United States and other countries. I anticipate the results from this topic will provide applied methods for securing information interchanged globally.
Gateways, Ports and Protocols
Another topic of interest is the compromising of computer networks; gateways; ports and protocols. The research performed on this topic will focus on studies that provide data a...
... middle of paper ...
... best CEOs know: 7 exceptional leaders and their lessons for transforming any business. (pp. 51-77 and 133-152). Blacklick, OH. USA: McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing. Retrieved from http://www.ebrary.com
Luong, S. (2014). Are hosted cloud storage providers heading down a slippery security slope? Retrieved February 9, 2015, from http://betanews.com/2014/04/03/are-hosted-cloud-storage-providers-heading-down-a-slippery-security-slope/
Northcentral University Differentiating Ph.D. and Applied Doctorates. NCU Dissertation Center Retrieved from http://learners.ncu.edu/ncu_diss/default.aspx
Northcentral University Preparing to Search. Keyword Searching. Retrieved from http://learners.ncu.edu/ncu_diss/default.aspx
Ridley, D. (2012). The literature review: A step-by-step guide for students. (Second ed., (pp 41-61 and 79-96).). London, England: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Executive Summary The Performance Management (PM) system refers to the organization activity to ensure that employees work is aligned with the company strategic objectives, vision and the goals are met consistently and efficiently. Performance appraisals and awards systems are tools of PM that can improve the work performance of employees by helping them realize their full potentials in carrying out their organization mission; ensure that employees understand what is expected from them, and also to provide information for use in making work-related decisions for management.... [tags: Luminex corporation]
2037 words (5.8 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Personnel policies are directives in terms of policies, which the company formulates to effectively manage its workers. Ideally, the policy outlines the relationship between the employer and the employee. The rules, requirements and other benefits, which the workers accrue, depict the firms’ values and goals in business. A non- profit making business is one such value. The policies will stipulate the hours of work, vacations, and breaks during working time and most importantly, the amount of money the worker is entitled to per annum.... [tags: Business Management ]
683 words (2 pages)
Library Services And Resources For The Libraries Of Reference, Outreach, And Instruction Over The Past Year
- I have made significant contributions to the library in the areas of reference, outreach, and instruction over the past year. Reference I answered 133 reference questions through the LibAnswers platform and 124 chat queries from UMass and nationwide patrons, in addition to forty-four individual personal reference email questions and reference appointments with faculty, staff, and students. One reference appointment utilized a web conference/screen sharing service for a student in California in an effort to meet the evolving needs of online community members.... [tags: Library, Librarian]
1087 words (3.1 pages)
- Introduction A health care system has two types of models in practice including; the traditional model and dispersed model. In particular, the traditional model employed in a health care setting involves primary care, secondary care, and tertiary care of patients. In that, a patient goes to primary care and receives treatment of the common problems diagnosed. The problems that go unsolved are referred to the secondary care, and the tertiary care is for those cases that require intensive care provision.... [tags: healthcare system, communication]
1729 words (4.9 pages)
- Located at 373 Fifth Ave in Manhattan, Hotel 373 is a small, boutique styled hotel nestled in the shadow of the Empire State Building. It’s proximity to one of New York’s most iconic landmarks attracted a booming stream of tourists. Opened in 2007, Hotel 373 is held under the management of the Hersha Hospitality Management Company (HHMC), which also manages over a hundred other hotels within the country. Due to its petite size, the hotel currently operates with seventy rooms and a staff of thirteen employees under the guidance of the general manager, Gary DeSoiza.... [tags: Business Management]
1927 words (5.5 pages)
- IndM 5020 International Technology Management Bharath Chandra Reddy Avuthu September 16, 2015 Outcomes and success factors of enterprise IT architecture management: empirical insight from the international financial services industry Reference: Dr. Christian Schmidt & Prof. Dr. Peter Buxmann, Outcomes and success factors of enterprise IT architecture management: empirical insight from the international financial services industry. European Journal of Information Systems (2011) 20. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com.cyrano.ucmo.edu:2048/docview/854941893/8E62EB45F6954463PQ/22?accountid=6143 Summary: This article viewpoints explore the practical outcomes and success factors of enterpri... [tags: Management, Game theory, Enterprise architecture]
864 words (2.5 pages)
- MIKIN PATEL MGMT 510-92-2016/Semester I (Fall) Chapter-5 (1) Describe low-cost strategy. How does this relate to differentiation. -First of all lowering costs helpful for the improve the pron’s in commodity markets. -maintain the price - It may helpful for the improve share market. -rising the profit of company. -so, this is about low-cost strategy. Now, relation in-between low-cost and differentiation. - First of all mention that both differentiation and low-cost are required for each and every position related to company.... [tags: Marketing, Strategic management, Business]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- Chapter 4 Previously we have discussed the detail study of the system that analysis the requirements . While the requirements specification activity is entirely in the problem domain, design is the first step in moving from the problem domain toward the solution domain. Design is essentially the bridge between requirements specification and the final solution for satisfying the requirements. In this chapter we will produce a model that represent the system which can be used later to build the system.... [tags: Information Technology ]
2079 words (5.9 pages)
- 1. You are working as a database architect for your organization. An application programmer that uses your database has a performance problem. The application she is writing has a looping structure that fires off a SQL statement for each looping iteration. In each SQL statement, only the WHERE statement is altered. What would be your recommendation to her. If the database in question supports batch processing, the looping structure could instead be used to build a batch of SQL statements one by one, which are then executed together once the loop is done.... [tags: ]
534 words (1.5 pages)
- Ans. 1 rt A. “Human resource balanced scorecard”: Human resource balanced scorecard means insufficiencies and unsatisfied by traditional performance measurement style, some organization transfer their attention on earing per share return on equity to operation movement that yield them. By using human resource balanced scorecard system James cook hotel to achieve their mission. 1. HR balanced scorecard help hotel to cost controlling when hotel creating its value. 2. Its help hotel to measuring their performance in order to company is mission and vision, and also measuring important indication.... [tags: Human resource management, Human resources]
1444 words (4.1 pages)