The opportunity to work with a knowledgeable team of pharmacists and technicians that contribute daily to the well-being of their community would be a privilege.
Health Science Instructor
Remington College – Dallas, TX – June 2014 to Present
• Pharmacy Practice instruction
Certified/Licensed Pharmacy Technician
Wal-Mart Pharmacy - Terrell, TX - September 2007 to October 2014
Assist pharmacist in all duties including but not limited to data entry, telephone assistance, handling incoming and outgoing faxed prescription orders.
• Advanced understanding of third party insurance verification and prescription information.
• Medicare Part B billing and coding.
• Coding all doctor orders.
• Patient care.
• Receive and apply inve...
... middle of paper ...
May 2013 to Present
Customer Service Certification
1978 to Present
Received from Broward Community College
Certified Durable Medical Supply Fitter
1983 to Present
Received from Futuro
I realize that at first glance you may think that I have had many jobs, but many of those jobs were a second job in conjunction with my primary job which was from January 2002 through July 2007. I maintained one position with Albertsons Pharmacy for over twenty years while also working a second job at Hollywood Memorial Hospital during the same time frame.
The gap in employment from August 1999 until January 2002 was due to a major automobile accident which placed me in a disabled state for a few years. Overall, I am a very ambitious, dedicated worker. One who learns quickly and easily. I feel strongly that I would be an asset to any employer.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Pharmacy technicians hold important roles and duties in the pharmacy. They are essentially the pharmacist’s aide, but they hold many responsibilities in controlling the drugs. I interviewed a pharmacy technician, Kathy, who worked at Doctor’s Pharmacy, an independent pharmacy. Kathy was kind enough to take some time out of her day to allow me to ask her questions, mainly about her education, roles and experiences she had as a pharmacy technician. Kathy has been a pharmacy technician for almost twenty-six years and has been certified for two years.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Pharmacy technician]
1980 words (5.7 pages)
- I attend Boone Career and Technical Center, with a concentration in pharmacy. Pharmacy is a branch of medicine dealing with drugs and medications and their effects on the human body. My program at BCTC gave me the opportunity to participate in a clinical internship, which exposes me to many more opportunities and valuable information. I am currently enrolled in the PassAssured pharmacy technician program, and before I could start my internship I had to educate myself of the basic pharmacy operations.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Pharmacy technician]
1381 words (3.9 pages)
- West Florida Hospital located in Pensacola, Florida offered a pleasing Introductory Pharmacy Experience for me. Based on the West Florida Hospital website, they are affiliated with the Hospital Corporation of America known as HCA, which is the nation’s leading provider of healthcare. They provide private rooms for all their patients. This facility is the only one in the area that is an Atrial Fibrillation Certified hospital and first Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI and Breast Imaging Center of Excellence.... [tags: Pharmacy, Patient, Pharmacist, Hospital]
1143 words (3.3 pages)
- What are generics drugs. Well, in the pharmaceutical world generics have a popularity of being the cheaper version of brand named drugs. Generic drugs are medications that provide the consumer with the same equivalent quality of care as that of brand name drugs, at a much lower price. These drugs not only make medicine affordable but also have a low cost of production. Unlike the producer of the original brand name drug, the generic drug producer does not have to undergo comprehensive research, sacrifice billions of dollars or time investigating methods for the invention of any particular drug.... [tags: pharmacy, medication, insurance]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- I chose my past career pharmacy technician. A pharmacy technician assists the pharmacist in filling prescriptions for the patient. There are many different settings and positions in this career. My favorite is the inpatient hospital setting. The technicians prepare IVs, patient medicine trays, and sometimes packages them in the pharmacy so the nurse is able to scan the medications. Other settings include, retail pharmacy where one would interact with the customers, and the main job is to fill the prescription bottles, and sometimes mix up creams in the compounding lab.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Medicine, Pharmacology]
918 words (2.6 pages)
- I realize how crucial the dispensation of drugs is because I saw a death of a young boy by taking wrong medication couples years ago. Therefore, I applied for a career in pharmacy to understand more about the dispensing process. Amazingly, I was offered a pharmacy technician position at CVS pharmacy. My life has become more interesting and challenging from that day. Being a pharmacy technician, I have had an opportunity to work with pharmacists in order to understand how to be a pharmacist.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Clinical pharmacy]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- Not everyone has a distinguishable moment in their life when they uncover their true calling and I am living proof of that statement. Growing up, I wanted to become a forensic scientist; that dream changed when I took general chemistry in high school. I fell in love with the subject because it made me think about the complexities of the world around us. Three more chemistry courses and one anatomy course later, I decided I wanted to pursue a career in pharmacy. Believe it or not, it was not just the classes that made me fall in love with the idea of being a pharmacist.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Goal, Pharmacist]
742 words (2.1 pages)
- My primary interest in a career in Pharmacy came from an overall interest in medicine and helping others. The incident that encouraged my curiosity about medicine was my first severe asthma attack in the third grade. I wondered how medications could me a freedom to breath when every breath had required so much effort. Working as a pharmacy technician for CVS Pharmacy, I found exactly which area in health care my passion was leading to me to, even though I had already shadowed various other types of health care professionals.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Health care, Medicine]
717 words (2 pages)
- Pharmacy Technicians Despite popular belief, pharmacy technicians are more than laborers; they are specially trained individuals. Imagine a family member is admitted to the University of South Alabama Hospital with an acute case of pneumonia, which will require oral and intravenous medications. These medications must be precisely prepared and properly delivered. The common perception is that pharmacists prepare medications and technicians simply deliver them. This view of their job is both accurate and inaccurate.... [tags: Pharmacist Pharmacy Essays Papers]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- Job Description: Pharmacists ensure that medications are used appropriately, and that they bring about the best results. Their responsibilities include professionally interpreting and reviewing the prescription orders written by doctors, dentists, and other authorized health care providers, and also for giving out the medications accurately to patients. The main goal of pharmaceutical care is to improve the quality of patients. lives by the use of medications that have been prescribed in order to accomplish specific results.... [tags: careers jobs]
1033 words (3 pages)