Teachers hold a very big responsibility, because their students are America’s future. It is the teacher’s duty to educate children to the best of their abilities. The school system needs to be aware that they play a huge role in shaping student’s ideas and in turn the ideals of the nation. In the book “From Dare the School Build a New Social Order” George S. Counts stated, “My thesis is that complete impartiality is utterly impossible, that the school must shape attitudes, develop tastes, and even impose ideas. It is obvious that the whole of creation cannot be brought into the school. This means that some selection must be made of teachers, curricula architecture, methods of teaching,” (Counts 121). Since teachers and the schools ...
... middle of paper ...
...earning, and want to learn.
World class teachers are some of the hardest working people on the planet. They care so much for the wellbeing of their students and want to see them succeed in life. Teachers go out of their ways to assist students in becoming the best person they can be. In my opinion there are three big components that define an excellent teacher. These three components include accepting a key role in developing a successful society, striving to learn new things every day, and making class material exciting for all students. When I become a teacher I hope to use these three characteristics in my everyday teaching. I strive to become a world class teacher and make a huge impact on my students and society. If every student in the United States had world class teachers we could live in a much more intelligent, effective, and culturally accepting nation.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Focusing on the Kindergarten grade level, teachers are trained to mainly facilitate student learning through play. Lecture style teaching is not the most effective teaching style at this age since children’s attention spans are extremely short. The idea of students learning through play is to help the student maintain longer attention spans in order to promote better learning. Some of the requirements that teachers are trained in involve vocabulary, social, math, and science developmental skills.... [tags: Educational Teaching, Requirements]
699 words (2 pages)
- From the time of man, school has been around. The way people teach is not always the same and there are different types of teachers. Over times schools have changed in many way but ultimately has the same purpose. Being an effective teacher requires many skills and characteristics. Education has become an important part of our society. In the late 19th century, due to the problems created by the dramatic increase of urbanization and industrialization, progressivism appeared in politics, culture, journalism, social services, and education in the United States.... [tags: Education, Educational psychology, Teacher]
1249 words (3.6 pages)
- A decision is analogous to a test. Not every decision is the same, and preparing for a test is not always possible. A portion of tests are arduous to the point that sweaty palms and fidgeting out of control occurs meanwhile other tests are a breeze. But either way, it is still a test and commonly, there is no way to know for sure how well you will do until it may be too late. When it comes to the topic of decision-making, most of us will readily agree that we have control over our decisions and the means in which we make decisions.... [tags: Decision making, Decision theory, Risk, Flipism]
1876 words (5.4 pages)
- I come from a very small, rural town, where my parents instilled many good qualities in me from such a young age. The one quality that stands out the most to me is ambition. With strong ambition, I plan on fulfilling my dream of becoming a teacher, and possibly school counselor one day. My inspiration and desire to become a teacher comes from my mother, who has so much care and passion for education, and her students. She taught junior and senior high mathematics for twenty seven years, before retiring.... [tags: Teacher, Education, School, Lesson plan]
1076 words (3.1 pages)
- Defining what makes a teacher particularly special and great is not something easy to do. All teachers possess certain qualities that make them unique, and depending on numerous factors such as school setting, personality of students, class size, etc., such qualities may turn out to be effective or ineffective. It is difficult to pinpoint exactly what it is that makes a teacher’s efforts worthwhile, because it is not necessarily a value or statistic that can be calculated numerically. How can one go about determining whether such extraordinary pedagogy is present.... [tags: Teacher, Education, School, Instruction]
1902 words (5.4 pages)
- Teachers with Ideal Qualities can positively affect Student Achievement An ideal teacher is someone who is passionate about teaching, creates a positive teacher/student relationship and classroom environment, and who is creative in his/her teaching. “A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others” (Unknown Author). The study shows that teachers are the most important part of a child’s education. Great teachers inspire their students towards greatness; poor teachers can negatively impact a student 's education and success.... [tags: Education, Teacher, History of education, School]
878 words (2.5 pages)
- My father, paternal grandfather, and a 7th grade teacher were all educators and the biggest influences in my life when it came to my decision to teach. I am the teacher that I remain today is a result of what they instilled in me. My father is a retired professor of Zoology. He dedicated his life towards learning and passing his knowledge on young minds eager to soak up as much information as possible. My father used to tell me that teachers are the backbone of the educational system and his love of learning inspired me to become a lifelong learner.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, High school]
752 words (2.1 pages)
- The Qualities of Real Friends To have friends is an essential part of life and comfort. When you were little you had friends in school that you could play with. You shared your toys with them and laughed with them while the teacher was speaking. When you were in middle school, you probably adopted a clique of friends to see after class and hang out with after school. Later on in high school, you most likely narrowed your choice to one companion that you could share your troubles with.... [tags: Papers]
880 words (2.5 pages)
- Introduction An effective teacher will excite, inspire and motivate students to be active in their learning, investigate new areas of knowledge and make connections to future learning (Whitton et al 2010). When a teacher is successful, their students are motivated, mutually respectful and ready to build on their knowledge and solve real-world problems. To be a teacher of value, one must have many skills and qualities to cater for a diversity of learners and their individual development; this includes many personal traits that are noticed students.... [tags: Education, philosophy of education]
2304 words (6.6 pages)
- As a future educator, there are qualities I must look inside myself for. Through this course I have discovered that there are many things that I did not know or had not taken into account when I embarked on this journey. As a future teacher of middle schoolers in America I will work tirelessly and reflect on my personal teaching philosophy that reflects my morals, values and ideals both as a teacher and an individual. I aspire to be someone that my students can look up to and to assist them as they become young adults and ultimately global citizens.... [tags: Education, High school, School, Middle school]
861 words (2.5 pages)