There are many qualities and characteristics a leader must have to be able to succeed in the long run. A leader has an impact on all of their followers. They need to make others feel inspired and make their followers want to lead a group of people someday. Leaders must be determined to achieve their goals every step of the way, and they always need to be strong minded. To be a quality leader one must have many qualities; such as being inspirational, committed to followers in what they are leading, and leading people in the right direction.
First, good leaders need to be inspiring. Inspiring leaders are those who make others feel moved and encouraged to do inspiring things in life and be a leader as well. Jack Lengyel, the coach from the movie We Are Marshall was an inspiration to many. In We Are Marshall all the football players were on a plane flight going to the championships and got in a plane crash. Football players, coaches, parents, teachers all passed away in the tragic accident. The only people that were left on the team were the players that were injured and could not go. Jack Lengyel came into the school and volunteered to be the coach of the new football team that he wanted to create in honor of the ones who have passed. He always motivated the new team of players to do better and to win for the team that is gone, and for them to do their best. He showed that succeeding was not impossible. Before the first game of the season for the new team he had a pep talk at the cemetery where the players of the football team from the crash were put to rest. He inspired the team to go out onto the field and win their first game and made the team players feel strong, motivated, and special. Lengyel started to talk about the team...
... middle of paper ...
...and needs to be devoted to their followers and dedicated to what they are leading.
1 "Quotes." IMDb. IMDb.com, n.d. Web. 24 May 2014.
2 MLK Day. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 May 2014.
3 "US History." Ushistory.org. Independence Hall Association, n.d. Web. 24 May 2014.
4 "Nelson Mandela Leadership." Leadership With You. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 May 2014.
5 "Braiyquote.com." Braiyquote.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 May 2014.
6 "Adolf Hitler Quotes." Adolf Hitler Quotes (Author of Mein Kampf). N.p., n.d. Web. 24 May 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Qualities of Leaders When I think of a good leader I think Influence, confidence, fearlessness, challenges, disappointments, and responsibilities. Sometimes, being a leader comes with hard decisions, but it’s your responsibility to make those decisions hoping they are the right decisions for your company. Being one of the most powerful and influential companies today that a lot of people depend on for internet searches. Admiring the strong organizational culture that includes values of creativity, simplicity and innovation which plays a great success and gives the company an advantage over other companies.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Skill]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- The characteristics of a leader like Ms. Jovita Carranza came through in her daily actions with those encircled by her personal and professional life experiences. Leaders come in all forms of varieties, genders, ethnicity and descriptors like Carranza. Carranza didn't stopped to think about some of the leaders that have inspired her or even some that have infuriated her, the qualities of her good leadership skills will became apparent through her professional growth with UPS. When we think about the characteristic of a leader, we often think of leaders that are ever-changing, which calls each of us to act or to follow.... [tags: Developing Leaders at UPS Case Study]
1586 words (4.5 pages)
- 1. Purpose. Leaders come in different measures for they have varying qualities or traits that may consist of being responsible if it sometimes means pissing people off; not being afraid to challenge the pros, even in their own backyard; or not knowing what they can get away with until they try. Leaders are the driving force of any organization or society in the world. Leaders, while admired due to their works and can propel the people towards a common goal based on facts. Leaders act as the motivators for they give the followers energy to move towards a particular objective.... [tags: Leadership, Management, 2009]
1107 words (3.2 pages)
- The Required Qualities for a Good Leader of Society “Leadership is influence. It is the ability to obtain followers. When the leader lacks confidence, the followers have no commitment. A leader is great not because of his power, but because of his ability to empower others” – John Maxwell. This quote summarises what a good leader of society should be. It is all well and good to have a leader who is influential, but to have a leader, who is not able to stand in front of a crowd of people and cameras during a press conference, is pointless.... [tags: Papers]
1502 words (4.3 pages)
- In all sports, such as basketball, baseball, and soccer, there 's always one person who takes charge to lead the team and represent the coach. These team leaders have special qualities that are important for every leader, and can decide if the team has a good or bad season. To be a successful leader in your team you must develop this qualities. Leaders take the responsibility of representing the coach. During a game, the team cannot always hear the coach. The team 's captain never loses control of the communication that happens on the court or field, especially between face offs.... [tags: Leadership, Skill, Coaching, SKILL]
768 words (2.2 pages)
- The dictionary defines leadership as a critical management skill; it is the ability to motivate a group of people toward a common goal. These qualities will help you develop your skills as a leader. Leaders play a very huge role whether the task that they are taking on is big or small. The leaders face special challenges as they try to communicate and interact with their followers and potential followers to understand and know what they think and what they do. Leaders should know that creativity and innovation are the life of their organization.... [tags: Leadership, ]
1173 words (3.4 pages)
- Leaders are not good leaders without leadership. Ronald Reagan once said a very true statement about leaders. “The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.” A leader that has leadership is the one that is capable to get people to do the greatest things. The biggest misconception about leadership is that all leaders have leadership, but this is not true at all. Anybody is capable of being a leader, but more than likely they will not be a good one due to they do not know anything about leadership.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Positive psychology, Hero]
800 words (2.3 pages)
- “A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the equality of his actions and the integrity of his intent. —Douglas MacArthur” Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary (2014) defines leadership as “the power or ability to lead others.” “History is full of famous and infamous leaders who possessed charismatic and compelling personalities. They had a vision and were so inflamed with that vision that others eagerly followed their lead” (Misakian, 2001, p.... [tags: True Leader, Confidence, Decisions, Compassion]
1510 words (4.3 pages)
- Introduction The meaning of being a leader does not entail having a title of as the chairman, captain, or president; it means being dedicated in serving the people. Although the definition of leaders is very broad and there is not generally accepted definition of the term, it is imperative that the leader must possess some unique skills that must propel a team to achieve some preset goals. Although titles are important, their value is derived from the qualities of the individual, that means leadership is not a basic formal position.... [tags: Leadership, Skill, Management, Positive psychology]
1181 words (3.4 pages)
- Every empire, dynasty, government, regime etc. has consisted of both good and bad leadership. This directly affects the society in which they oversee and/or control. The infamous Roman Empire experienced its share of triumphs and depression through its leader’s actions. Run as a monarchy, the kings of Rome had various ways of implementing their authority. Many of them chose to rule based on their interests and desires while others catered to the welfare of Rome’s booming population. Depending on the leader some received accolades and others faced a tragic ending due to their ignorance.... [tags: Ancient Civilizations ]
1306 words (3.7 pages)