Jake makes a great friend because he helps Finn get over a fear. In season 1 episode 16, “Ocean of fear,” Finn discovers he is afraid of the water. Jake tries his best to help Finn get over his fear with a “three-step plan.” During step one, Jake wakes up Finn and has the room fall apart to reveal they are floating on the water. In step two, Jake unties Finn from his bed and he has to float on the water in his sleeping bag. The final step, step three, Jake pushes Finn under water with his jowls. After that, Finn freaks out, jumps on Jake and pulls his ears until he reaches land. After Finn be...
... middle of paper ...
...new Marceline was not really evil, hid her in his backpack, but still told said, “I am free! Jake, you faced your fear and saved me!” (Cruws & Ward, 2010). Even though Jake does not know that Marceline is just playing a game with Finn, he still is always watching and trying to help his best friend. Any person would be lucky to have a friend that will help them even when they were scared.
Adventure Time is a silly show, but shows what a true friendship should look like. Everyone deserves a good friend like Jake. The best kind of friends are those who help you get over fears, help you out even if they were scared, and overcome any obstacles to help you. It is obvious that Jake loves and cares for Finn and would do anything to help him in a time of need. Finn and Jake have a friendship that everyone should want and look for those qualities in a friend.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Surely, everyone is fond of the idea of friendship. In fact, to most people living on this earth believe that friends are the most important part of their lives. There have been lots of sayings, quotes, movies and music about the theme, friendship; and this also impacted many people in the way they see the idea of having friends and that it is worthwhile to have someone to rely on. The importance of friendship cannot just be forgotten like a snap of one’s fingers. It has stuck on to the minds of people through movies, such as ‘Harry Potter’ and TV series, like ‘Friends’.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
1163 words (3.3 pages)
- Dependability...Trust...Virtue. These are three qualities that should come to mind when determining a valuable, true friendship. Although in today 's society, it has become a challenge to even understand who and what a friend is rather than a true friend. Back-stabbing, lies, and just in general drama seems to fit most people 's definition of friendship. So what would today 's society know about being a true friend. Yes, people have in mind a variety of ideas on what characteristics make up a true friend,but majority of their word choices are too broad.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Virtue]
936 words (2.7 pages)
- Ah. I see you have come to hear my story. Well, I warn you now; I am advanced in years and might forget some parts. My story is filled with adventure, new beginnings, and confusion. But enough. I will begin. I was a girl of just 15, ready to explore the outside. I lived in an ancient city, named Baktrahkpi. This city was on a mysterious island, where many centuries ago, it was decided by the gods that each quarter moon the island would vanish and appear in a new spot, never quite the same one. One morning, on my 15th birthday I decided I wanted to go and explore, for I was now considered a woman.... [tags: essay about myself, Adventure Essay]
556 words (1.6 pages)
- Darkness, Be My Friend Darkness, Be My Friend is the fourth book in John Marsden's series consisting of Tomorrow, When the War Began, In the Dead of the Night and The Third Day, The Frost, in which seven young people are thrown into the middle of a violent war zone. Ellie, Fi, Kevin, Lee, Homer, Robyn and Corrie set out on a camping trip to a remote part of their district. They find their way into a remote basin surrounded by dangerous cliffs and difficult terrain, where they are completely safe and cut off from the rest of the world.... [tags: Darkness, Be My Friend]
648 words (1.9 pages)
- During a person 's lifetime you meet a lot of people. You have your family for better or for worse they are always going to be with you. Than you have your every day strangers that you see everywhere you go. Some of theses strangers you meet and you get along with and some of them you might become friends with. But their are only a few people that you call your best friend. To have a best friend you have to have a few qualities that make a good friendship with one another. Being someone 's friend is nice, but having a best friend is great thing to have, but a hard thing to maintain.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Virtue]
874 words (2.5 pages)
- Friendship is an everlasting bond that demands love, trust, and making sacrifices. It is a mutual union in which people expect selfless support and motivation from their true friends. The bond can, however, only last if friends are there for each other in good and bad times. Friends do not only help each other in overcoming challenges, but they also bring happiness in one’s life. Friends are an essential ingredient to live a prosperous social life. In the novel Frankenstein Shelley expresses the worth of friendship through Henry Clerval’s self-sacrificing support for Victor.... [tags: Friendship Essay, Personal Narrative]
842 words (2.4 pages)
- Growing up, I knew adventure education to be about practical skills and recreation. It was a way of keeping youth active and engaged. More recently, however, I’ve come to learn more about the history and philosophies of adventure education and so my idea of the concept has changed dramatically as I have also lived and learned much since the days of my youth. I define adventure education as one word: integration. Integration encompasses both personal growth and development of morals and an understanding of nature and the environment on a deeper level.... [tags: Adventure Programming]
1134 words (3.2 pages)
- So here, we were on our next adventure. A man, a woman, a teenage girl, two dogs, a caravan and a trailer; setting up home in the woods. Twenty acres of undulating woodland, made up of hard and soft wood trees, which was unfenced and with no immediate neighbours other than the incumbent wildlife. This was our little piece of rural paradise hidden from everyone, a blank canvas to create whatever we wanted. Living the ‘good life,’ from our perspective, and on a practical level, meant aiming to live a simpler existence.... [tags: adventure, rural, caravan]
2761 words (7.9 pages)
- Darkness be my friend Title: Darkness Be My Friend Author: John Marsden Publisher: Pan Macmillan Publishers Publishing Date: 1996 Plot: Darkness, Be My Friend is the fourth book in John Marsden’s series consisting of Tomorrow, When the War Began, The Dead of the Night and The Third Day, This book is in which seven teenagers are in the middle of a violent war. Ellie, Fi, Kevin, Lee, Homer, Robyn and Corrie go camping to a remote part of their district. They find their way into a remote valley surrounded by dangerous cliffs and difficult terrain, where they are completely safe and cut off from the rest of the world.... [tags: Darkness be my Friend]
1066 words (3 pages)
- The Qualities of Real Friends To have friends is an essential part of life and comfort. When you were little you had friends in school that you could play with. You shared your toys with them and laughed with them while the teacher was speaking. When you were in middle school, you probably adopted a clique of friends to see after class and hang out with after school. Later on in high school, you most likely narrowed your choice to one companion that you could share your troubles with.... [tags: Papers]
880 words (2.5 pages)