Essay PreviewMore ↓
He was very trustworthy in every aspect in business dealing, especially; he never gives false hope with the job. He was willing to tell our and his own mistakes of trade and never hide his mistakes and willing to listen what other has to say about his mistakes. Furthermore, he is easily correcting his mistake with gratitude. Being a boss, he hardly exercises his authority to push his mistakes to other rather than acknowledge openly and ask for better suggestion. His characteristic is very predictable and consistent. In my experience with him was very consistent and this consistency gives me to build trust with him.
I may say my company owner is not leading leader rather than push and pull style of leadership. His contemporary leadership is mentoring with leading team. His closed teams are composed of three different department managers, which employees are sub-divided into different project team. Because being a boss, his is somewhat distance with front lines of employees. This is probably with many of other companies. His visions and goals are not directly delivered to front line of employees. This was always problem with our organization and his leadership lacks. Since, our company is small and family oriented business setting, it is better that leader, which is company owner, can come forward to address the issues of company’s agenda (company’s goal and any changes pertaining to well being of company).
How to Cite this Page
"Qualities of an Effective Leader." 123HelpMe.com. 25 Jan 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As I stated in unit 2 assignment, I am employed by small construction company and it is family founder company with top chain of command was positioned by both family members and founder’s friends. Most inspirational leader in this organization was founder which is CEO of the company. His leadership style is combination of both, contingency and behavior theories are best described of him. According to others sources, his leadership can be described as such “coaching leader, affiliative leader and pacesetting leader”.... [tags: Coaching, Affiliative, Pacesetting]
946 words (2.7 pages)
- 1 INTRODUCTION What should aspirant leaders do to become more effective. Numerous articles and books have been written discussing and defining the role of a leader and what one should do in order to become an effective leader. Each author, leader or researcher will have a different perspective on which qualities should be embedded in a leader in order to make them stand out from the rest and be an asset to their organisation. The synopsis to follow reflects on different leadership styles, tasks and personal traits of great leaders.... [tags: Leading Leader Qualities]
1894 words (5.4 pages)
- Leaders have a responsibility to ensure that the organization is running effectively. In addition, the decisions that are made should be in the best interest of the organization, therefore, the leader should ensure that the decisions are moving the organization closer to its vision. According to Manning and Curtis (2015), there are 10 qualities that influence the leadership process: Vision, Ability, Enthusiasm, Stability, Concern for others, Self-confidence, Persistence, Vitality, Charisma, and Integrity.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Decision making, Leader]
1454 words (4.2 pages)
- There are many qualities that a leader must have to be effective. Leaders must use many techniques and customize their leadership style to each individual person. Two very important leadership qualities are having integrity and ownership. Without integrity, the leader’s subordinates will not follow them because they will not be able to trust his moral compass, which makes it very difficult to follow a leader like that into combat. Without ownership, subordinates will think that the leader has no say for himself and is a weak leader.... [tags: Ethics, Morality, Officer, Leadership]
1306 words (3.7 pages)
- There are different traits associated with leaderships; many researchers have come to the conclusion that leaders will have certain attribute that will make them unique. Stogdill’s on his several surveys came up with 10 positive traits of leadership Northhouse (2013, p.21). After several researches, a list of traits that are central to leadership qualities are the self-confidence of a leader, how intelligent he or she is, how determined they are to achieve to their personal/organisational goal, how much integrity they have and how sociable are they Northhouse (2013, p.23).... [tags: Leadership, Management, Skill, Learning]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- Introduction The meaning of being a leader does not entail having a title of as the chairman, captain, or president; it means being dedicated in serving the people. Although the definition of leaders is very broad and there is not generally accepted definition of the term, it is imperative that the leader must possess some unique skills that must propel a team to achieve some preset goals. Although titles are important, their value is derived from the qualities of the individual, that means leadership is not a basic formal position.... [tags: Leadership, Skill, Management, Positive psychology]
1181 words (3.4 pages)
- EDCU 220 was a class that I did not know what to expect of when i signed up for the class. I knew that it would be about education, but not know the specifics. As class went on through the semester I learned not only what it takes to be an educator, but also what it takes to be an effective and good educator because their is a big difference between those two things. The three qualities of any Dominican educator and effective teacher are scholar, leader, and service. These qualities are the basics for educators that should be engraved in anyone wanting to become an educator.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Psychology]
884 words (2.5 pages)
- When I am placed in an organisation, I would like to attain a leadership position where I am provided with a chance of showcasing my talent and skills. I want to lead a team using my leadership skills. Analysing my personality and skills, I have realised that I possess the qualities of a ‘transformational leader’. Khan and Ahmad (2012) stated that the transformational leaders motivate others and aim to take change initiatives to ensure improvement and enhancement. While working in teams, I have always emphasised on taking the lead and ensuring the implementation of innovative and creative ideas.... [tags: Leadership, Personality psychology]
794 words (2.3 pages)
- According to the Organizational Behavior textbook, “leadership is the use of non-coercive influence to direct and coordinate the activities of group members to meet a goal” (Griffin, Phillips, and Gully, 2016, p.406). While Jack Welch had some problems as a leader for General Electric, some of his leadership qualities were beneficial to the company and the people. Welch maybe was missing a few aspects of being a great leader, he did have some that made him a good leader. For instance, Welch demonstrated the leader qualities of job-centered behavior, achievement oriented behavior, and transformational leadership.... [tags: Leadership, Management]
901 words (2.6 pages)
- Leadership is a term on which no one can develop a mutual consensus as it carries a different meaning for ach individual. Some people may consider a person as their leader who is capable of taking them away from hardships, some people may consider the one as their leader who is quite charismatic and can show them dreams of a bright future or some people may consider that man as a leader who can make them progress by devising wise strategies for them etc. There is, somehow, something very common in all the perspectives that are the philosophy behind the definition, which is related to choosing a best of the best person as their leader.... [tags: leader, leadership]
3482 words (9.9 pages)
Our organization power is distributed to three different departments: administration, marketing and accounting department. Owner holds absolute power within organization. Accounting department seems like doer rather than having any power over decision made. However, administration department has greatest exercise of power: power over marketing department and accounting department. Since, owner of company has absolute power; most of decision was influence by him rather than managerial power decision. This company runs somewhat monarchy system: sovereignty held by a single person. I wish that some of authority may share between departments as to be more profitable. For example, a company purchaser found better deal with different vendor for supply, other than company is currently dealing, owner always objecting to used current vendors for supply, even though, current vendors are more expensive. His power influences other department decisions: it is bad outcome and less profitable. He believes that it is royalties to vendors. I believe this kind of action is abusing authority.
Yes, strong political skill can be great tool to negotiating and using power of leadership effectively. It is family based business, there is no any political involvement, however, this is owned by minority. Our organization contributes to minority development with the community. Owner believe that minority need to develop and entering into main population. He is contributing his services to retired houses and less fortunate people’s houses. We believed that this is very good for community and its development. The ethical issues of his contribution and volunteering are very racial. Why not contribute to different community such as Hispanic or Black community as well? It is his personal understanding of ethnic group. I can’t say his action is wrong but it is morally unethical. We are in living age of “globalization,” and our community is composed many different ethnic groups and its cultures. Same time, he has different ethnic groups of the employees.
Our organization has many different conflicts but uttermost conflicts are power distribution and racism. Preview paragraph described how his is siding with community with his own race. Himself as a minority, he needs to understand different background of cultures and its people’s need as well. But very fortunate enough, he is hiring different ethnic groups as employment. Other aspect is power distribution with our organization, owner hold absolute power and running monarchy system of business. Like it said earlier that, if it is beneficial to organization, he should not object to its decisions of other departments. All other manager department is making decision behalf of company’s well being. Power should be distributed within its department and have all right to make decisions and able to implanting it without any objection from above (owner).
In conclusion, our company leader used different styles of leadership skills but it has many flaws, which is ineffective in organization: favoritism, racism and absolute power. However, he has virtues, he is willing to listen and have courage to acknowledge his mistakes, personality of consistency.