1. Survey questionnaire
The questionnaires for the teachers helped to find out the answers for the three research questions. The questionnaire was chosen as one of the data collection methods because it had many strengths. The attraction of survey questionnaire was its effectiveness as regards the researcher’s effort, time and finance (Dörnyei, 2007; Mackey & Gass, 2005). Indeed, accord...
... middle of paper ...
...irmation of confidentiality was also made that all of the teachers were willing to sign the forms to agree to take part in the research. After being shared the link by the CEO of the centre, all of the teachers quickly got access to the link and finished the questionnaire.
2. Classroom observation
The classroom observation sessions were conducted in six speaking lessons of 6 classes. Each teacher and his/ her class were observed only once. The staffs in the English centre were asked to video the lessons. Before the filming, all of the teachers and students were introduced the research topic as well as research purpose. Moreover, they agreed to be captured and videoed as they had signed the forms.
The focus was on students’ errors, teachers’ use of CF and students’ uptake. After receiving the videos from the staffs, the researcher watched the clips and took notes.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Quantitative and qualitative research methods are the two central methods for conducting research. Although there are both advantages and disadvantages to each of these research methods, many researchers decide to merely utilize one of the methods, without exploring the other method at all. This is a problem as these researchers only get to analyze their research from one point of view rather than from differing points of view. In other words, these researchers will solely rely on numbers and statistics or solely rely on interviews and observations.... [tags: Quantitative research, Qualitative research]
1226 words (3.5 pages)
- When conducting research one of the most important parts of the process is the documentation that is kept when doing such research. Along with all the testing, sampling, and data collections, researchers should be responsible to create a research report for every study completed. This documentation is kept in the records and archives of the research facility or sponsor, for journaling and publishing. These reports can later be used by consumers, students, teachers, and any other interested party that is in need of the findings.... [tags: Scientific method, Qualitative research, Research]
1083 words (3.1 pages)
- In this paper, I will define quantitative and qualitative research methods and provide examples in the context of social issues which will hopefully provide insight into how this methods are properly applied. Social issues are very broad and diverse and are usually made up of factors or consequences which directly or indirectly affect a person or many members of a society and are considered to be problems, controversies or both and are related to moral values, therefore their immediate social environment may become vulnerable in some respect which may also effect several individuals environment and in turn society.... [tags: Qualitative Research in Education]
1696 words (4.8 pages)
- 1. Introduction The structure of this essay will be describing empirical articles from Woywode (2002) and Jacoby et al (2005) in part 2, followed by the fundamental differences between quantitative and qualitative research strategy and the reflection of those differences in the articles. Part 5 will discuss about qualitative and qualitative strategy differences in research design and how these differences reflected in the articles. After that, there will be discussion of the contribution of these articles in comprehending research methods.... [tags: Scientific method, Quantitative research]
1822 words (5.2 pages)
- There is a variety of research designs available for researchers to choose. However, it is essential that researchers choose the most appropriate research design for their study. Consequently, the research design is chosen from three categories of methods that include quantitative, qualitative, and mixed (Creswell, 2014). The purpose of this paper is to formulate two hypothetical research designs using qualitative and quantitative methods for the intended research topic. Quantitative Method: Survey Research Design The first hypothetical research design selected is survey research.... [tags: Scientific method, Qualitative research]
1666 words (4.8 pages)
- Introduction The qualitative and quantitative research methods are typically applied in the field of social research. There has been a lot of debate on the relative advantages between the two designs among researchers almost more than on any other issue of methodology. The quantitative research design encompasses methods which focus on numbers, that is, quantities. The data collected in this design is usually in numbers which are then analyzed using statistical and mechanical methods. This design is highly associated with the field of science such as in practical done in a laboratory (Gall et al 2003).... [tags: Social Research Methodology]
2509 words (7.2 pages)
- This essay will evaluate the use of in-depth interviews, either one to one or via focus groups as a form of criminological research. The essay will assess how appropriate the chosen methodology can be, issues regarding validity, sampling and research ethics. This essay will also emphasize how these forms of qualitative research can be useful in the field of criminology. First of all this essay will describe the background and the emergence of qualitative research methods then it will outline some of the general ethics around criminological research.... [tags: crime scene investigation]
1959 words (5.6 pages)
- Introduction - This paper provides a review of five articles from business/management journals focused on the principle qualitative research methods. For each article review a brief description, guided by Myers (2013), and a critique, guided Pratt (2009), is provided. Table 1 provides a summary of the five articles identifying the research method, data collection technique, data analysis approach and key. The narrative descriptive review of each article coupled with figure and tables to organize and visualize thoughts (Pratt, 2009) follows the summary table.... [tags: Scientific method, Qualitative research]
1148 words (3.3 pages)
- Qualitative, Quantitative, and Mixed Research Methods Introduction This paper will discuss the approaches that can be used to conduct quantitative, qualitative and mixed method research that is based on a problem statement and a purpose statement that have been developed to study the adoption of sales force automation technology. This paper will also provide the advantages and disadvantages of quantitative, qualitative and mixed method research and the associated approaches discussed below. Quantitative vs.... [tags: marketing, data, experimentation]
1948 words (5.6 pages)
- An Analysis of Qualitative Research Methods Qualitative political and historical researchers seek to analyze social or political phenomena from multiple perspectives in order to gain an in-depth understanding of their research topic, as well as insight into the broader scope of their disciplines. They accomplish these goals by using case-specific methods that are designed to generate knowledge and yet are limiting in that same area. Because of their selectively designed character, each of these methods will neither generate a multi-dimensional analysis of a given research topic, nor address the serious validity issues often associated with qualitative research.... [tags: Political and Historical Researchers]
2831 words (8.1 pages)
- Simulation Plate Structure Model Using Matlab
- The Approach Of Assimilation : An Critique Of The Social / Political Construction Of Racial Identity
- Summary Of ' The Kite Runner '
- Analysis Of Reiner 's ' Bring Back The Fuir ! '
- Analysis Of Donald Capps 's ' Seven Saving Conditions That Support Good Listening
- Domestic Terrorism And International Terrorism