This piece advice is simple to understand intellectually, but it also proves difficult to follow. Many people need to understand how they can achieve their dreams before they endeavor to follow them. I delayed returning to school for years because my dream, of practicing law, seemed unrealistic. So how does someone take a leap of faith, and trust that the dots will connect? I believe the answer to this question presents itself through tools like personality tests, and philosophies like those put for in the book Think and Grow Rich, and video The Secret.
I found the Meyer-Briggs personality test gave me a better understanding of myself, and a glimpse into how others may perceive me. The Meyers Briggs classified me as an ENTP (Extraverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Perceptive). Five percent of the population is classified ENTP. In ENTP’s, Extraverted and Intuition dominant the personality type and they desire an understanding of the world that they live in. Their strong intuition allows ENTP’s to quickly, and accurately, process information to size up a situation. This understanding of people and situations gives them a dis...
... middle of paper ...
...s whatever they desire. Unlike the genie in Aladdin, the Universe Genie does not limit the wisher to three wishes. He grants an unlimited amount of wishes with no bounds. This Genie does require the wisher to use visualization to aid in the interpretation of incoming signals. The Secret provides a philosophy for all who believe Think and Grow Rich require too much work.
Everyone contains within himself or herself the ability to achieve their goals in life. This gives me a feeling of empowerment, and control over my life’s ultimate destination. Many truths in life allow each of us as individuals to take the steps necessary to achieve wealth, happiness, and fulfillment. Personality tests allow individuals to analyze the qualities they possess, and philosophies, like those put forth in Think and Grow Rich and The Secret, guides us in their use.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Growing up in a country where girls are constantly advised to be doctors, nurses, educators, and any other profession except law enforcement has furthered my motivation in accomplishing just that. Even as a little girl I simply could not ignore the violence, corruption, and inequality that affected my country; I wanted to resolve violence that brought misery to many, and bring justice to those who desperately deserved it. My goals of pursuing a career in criminal justice were constantly struck down and criticized throughout the years.... [tags: Drug addiction, Addiction, Drug, Drugs]
992 words (2.8 pages)
- There are a lot of point of views about higher education and whether or not it is important or worth the time, effort, and high cost. From my point of view, I believe that higher education is an important step in accomplishing your life goals. College, a type of higher education, can be a component of a person’s life goals - sometimes a rather necessary one. Coming to Ivy Tech and starting classes are a step in the journey to my life goals. Higher education is necessary for my life goals, but for some it’s not - it’s just a hindrance.... [tags: Higher education, High school, Education]
941 words (2.7 pages)
- Pursuing a career in a bad economy isn’t easy. You see, I want to be in anime, a form of Japanese cartoons. I’ve wanted to do this ever since I was in third grade when I found out what it was. I’ve been finding out what I need to do ever since but information does not come easy. Finding a company to by my idea is not the hard part it’s getting stared in in an economy that is as bad as it is. MY RESEARCH ON THE ECONOMY During this project I learned that there were many causes of the recession of 2008.... [tags: Career Essays]
1054 words (3 pages)
- Growing up I had no idea I would be pursuing a career in student affairs. I did not even know if I would go to college. People would always ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up and I always seemed to have a different answer to give them. I would say I wanted to be a teacher, a doctor, a missionary, and more but in reality, I was not really sure. When it came to begin college, I was still unsure of my career path, so, I decided to attend a community college. I hoped I would be able to gain my Associate’s degree and discover a little more about myself.... [tags: College, High school, 2007 singles, Family]
2007 words (5.7 pages)
- At a very young age I realized I had a love for children. This love was a result of me being around my young cousins. It was so intriguing to watch their behavior on a daily basis. They always yearned for attention, and used many smart tactics to receive it. Throughout the years, I never found it to be a problem to respond to their needs. In fact, it was a joy. However, when they were sick, I knew I wanted to help them, but did not always have the answers. I was able to comfort them, but my yearning to help ran deeper than comfort.... [tags: Medicine, Physician, Immune system, Medical school]
835 words (2.4 pages)
- Pursuing a PsyD: A Personal Statement I sit across from a once vibrantly alive woman. When she smiles, the corners of her eyes crinkle, giving a glimpse of the times she has weathered. The many breathtaking adventures and crucial moments of life that she can not seem to grasp. It’s okay, I tell myself, I’ll remember them for her. I hold her hand and tell her about my day even though she does not quite know who I am. This woman is my mother. What a tragedy it would be if someone like her, or even I, were to feel alone in this world.... [tags: Psychology, Clinical psychology, Psychotherapy]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- Pursuing pharmacy as a profession derives deeply from my self-interest in studying pharmacology and medicinal chemistry. While attending a seminar held at the University of Minnesota by Dr. James R. Fuch, I witness the importance of drug kinetics, bioavailability, toxicity and how drugs are administered. It is then that ignited my curiosity into wanting to learn more about applying chemistry into health care and research. After completing a Drug and Alcohol Pharmacology course and attending various medicinal pharmaceutical chemistry seminars, I was self convinced that becoming a clinical research pharmacist is the right career path.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Pharmacist, Medicine]
708 words (2 pages)
- Despite some uncommon and potentially inhibiting circumstances, I 've succeeded in high school. Perhaps not by the standards of the world, but I have accomplished my own goals and exceeded expectations I had set for myself. My academic curiosity and tendency towards perfectionism, have helped me maintain a 4.0 grade point average while taking on several challenging courses. My freshmen year I took a psychology course online and passed with an A. I 'm currently taking two AP courses and an honors course with surprisingly decent results.... [tags: Extracurricular activity, High school, Teacher]
1395 words (4 pages)
- As a first generation college student and first generation American, navigating higher education has been a challenge. Coming from a low-income family and one of the lowest performing school districts in Colorado made my journey more intimidating. Over half of my classmates dropped out and took a negative turn in life, but I wanted something better for myself and family. In the Latino community, pursuing a graduate degree is rare, and similar trends are seen in the LGBTQ community. As a result of my identities and the environment I grew up in, the chances of me completing an undergraduate degree were scarce, but I have overcame adversities have taken advantage of all the opportunities that w... [tags: University, Higher education, Education, Student]
708 words (2 pages)
- Goals In many people lives, there are many different interests. This mean that a person may give special attention to something that they love to do in life. In most cases, that person would work very hard to accomplish their hearts desire. However, a person may feel life has nothing to offer him, or her in this world; People who think this way are either ignorant or are deceiving themselves. In fact, everyone should want to have a purpose or a goal in life. My goal in life is to become a better person in everything I do.... [tags: essays papers]
394 words (1.1 pages)