In order to best assist patients we must not only educate patients but we must educate them in a non-persuasive, honest, trustworthy and ethical way. Fidelity is important when working with patients, to win the trust of a patient we must be honest with them and educate them about their condition or therapy without poisoning that education with persuasive or biase...
... middle of paper ...
...en. If I make a mistake in the pharmacy I take every step possible to remedy that mistake. I educate the patient on the possible adverse effects of our mistake, I inform the provider, I remedy the mistake and log it and the steps that led to the mistake to prevent it from happening again. By learning from our mistakes we hold ourselves to the ultimate standard of one day working without error. While this goal may be theoretically unachievable it is what we must strive for as we are working with humans not just with profit margins.
Pharmacy has opened my eyes to what health care is truly all about. It isn’t about making decisions in the best interest of ourselves, or the company we work for. Health care is about the patient. Health care is about educating people so that they can make decisions about their body and receive specialized, personal treatment.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Outlining Your Profession Medical and health services manager is the chosen career that I am pursuing. I will go into details of what a medical and health services manager does and the education requirements that is needed. Then I will talk about my career goals and how Kaplan University career services can aide me in achieving my goals. Medical and health services managers, also called healthcare executives or healthcare administration, plans, direct, and coordinate medical and health service.... [tags: Medicine, Health care, Health, Health economics]
712 words (2 pages)
- In order to reach one’s goal, the goal should be well defined, firm and the individual must be completely committed to attaining it. Pursuing a career as a Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner has always been my driving goal throughout all my education and training since the age of seventeen. Over the past three years working within a Surgical Inpatient unit as a Registered Nurse, I have become aware of the lack of community resources and access to health care available in rural areas. This has inspired me apply to the University of Western Ontario’s Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner program for the fall of 2014.... [tags: health, canadian nurse]
1302 words (3.7 pages)
- At the age of ten, I read a book, “Gifted Hands” by Dr. Ben Carson, which inspired and begin to motivate my interest in pursuing medicine as a career because I could identify with his discovery of the joy of reading and his fascination with science. When I was 14, I had an epiphany at the doctor’s office. This event occurred a little after I had finished my final exams in school and the next step was to go to senior high school. But, I thought the preliminary chemistry and physics classes of junior high school were daunting and went on to convince myself that a career in medicine might not be right for me.... [tags: Gifted Hands, Dr. Ben Carson, career, ]
603 words (1.7 pages)
- Accountants are becoming a needed job in the business industry and play a very important role in the success of many businesses. This job usually requires at least a bachelor’s degree in accounting and sometimes even a CPA (Certified Public Accountant). There are many other things that are needed to be considered before choosing this career. The job environment, education, skills, and benefits are just some of the many things that need to be thought through before considering this career. An accountant makes sure that the Nation’s firms are run efficiently, the public records are kept accurately, and that taxes are paid properly and on time (“Accountants and Auditors”).... [tags: Career Research ]
1072 words (3.1 pages)
- When I began my freshman year at State College, I was sure of one thing: I did not want to become a doctor. I was seventeen and desired individuality above all else. I thought I should create my own identity, and I believed that the best way to do this was to avoid the work that my parents did. My mother was a doctor, and that was enough to make me rule out ever entering the profession. Instead of medicine, I planned to pursue work in the sciences. I had always enjoyed studying for my science classes.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
887 words (2.5 pages)
- Growing up in a country where girls are constantly advised to be doctors, nurses, educators, and any other profession except law enforcement has furthered my motivation in accomplishing just that. Even as a little girl I simply could not ignore the violence, corruption, and inequality that affected my country; I wanted to resolve violence that brought misery to many, and bring justice to those who desperately deserved it. My goals of pursuing a career in criminal justice were constantly struck down and criticized throughout the years.... [tags: Drug addiction, Addiction, Drug, Drugs]
992 words (2.8 pages)
- I am interested in pursuing the Physician Assistant (PA) degree because of my experiences both within the medical field and as a patient. These experiences have led me to believe that a team approach to patient-centered medicine provides the best and most comprehensive care possible. Further, the PA profession offers me the opportunity to continue my lifelong passion of helping others, giving back to my community, and provides me with further opportunities to teach. During my sophomore year of high school a couple of my peers and I were asked if we wanted to learn about HIV and AIDS and teach our classmates.... [tags: Medicine, Health care, Blood donation, Physician]
1128 words (3.2 pages)
- “Progress looks like a bunch of failures and you 're going to have feelings about that because it’s sad but you can’t fall apart. And then one day , you will succeed.” (Grey’s Anatomy) It is the law of life that significant events will occur throughout a human’s existence on Earth. We exist, survive, and thrive because we are able to change. With that in mind, I am grateful for all the opportunities that have and continue to be given to me despite my past failures,lack of inspiration and confidence.... [tags: Nursing, Registered nurse, Healthcare occupations]
1372 words (3.9 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Purpose: This report is designed as a guide for students pursuing a career in Nutrition. It contains answers about whether someone can become a Registered Dietitian with a Bachelor’s or if they need to get a Master’s to become registered. It also includes the process of achieving dietetic credentials with a Bachelor’s degree. This involves undergraduate summer opportunities and internships. Scope: In this report you will find steps toward earning a Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition.... [tags: Registered dietician's degree]
516 words (1.5 pages)
- Pursuing a Career as a Rep Pursuing a career as a rep is quite a long process with lots of different stages involved. Stage 1: Research Before you send any forms or fill in any applications you must research any potential position with a certain company. Each individual must check their compatibility before applying. Candidates must make sure thy are old enough as tour operators always have age restrictions which range from 18-25. They must also think about what the tour operator is looking for personality wise.... [tags: Papers]
999 words (2.9 pages)