Essay PreviewMore ↓
MY RESEARCH ON THE ECONOMY
During this project I learned that there were many causes of the recession of 2008. One of them was a sudden rise in oil prices. Oil is used in powering most of the world’s transportation devices and generators. Although oil is a non-renewable resource we still used it in mass amounts. When Iraq, a major distributor of oil for the world, could not keep up with the demand due to some internal issues with the country many countries suffered. This caused a shortage of oil and a rise in prices.
Another cause was poor loaning with banks. Banks were loaning out money to just about anyone who asked for it. Many people could not pay these loans that they asked for and received. Knowing that some people could not pay back their loans the bank still loaned out money to many of these people. This made the banks lose money and many shut down or got bought out.
The last cause that I found was that our dollar had gone weak due to imports. Exports make your dollar weak while imports make it stronger in this case the US did to many imports and not enough exports to balance it out. Due to the US doing mostly imports during the years 2007-08 we were not making as much money as we could have. This made us lose many and should buy as many imports. This caused a shortage of many goods and made their prices increase.
HOW TO LIVE IN THIS NEW ECONOMY
Although there are many issues we have learned to deal with them though many strategies. One strategy used is living within your means. By this I mean buying what you needs for you and/or your family. This means buying things like food, clothes (cheap clothes from places like Goodwill), paying bills first, and furniture for your house.
How to Cite this Page
"Pursuing a Career in a Bad Economy." 123HelpMe.com. 20 May 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- At the age of ten, I read a book, “Gifted Hands” by Dr. Ben Carson, which inspired and begin to motivate my interest in pursuing medicine as a career because I could identify with his discovery of the joy of reading and his fascination with science. When I was 14, I had an epiphany at the doctor’s office. This event occurred a little after I had finished my final exams in school and the next step was to go to senior high school. But, I thought the preliminary chemistry and physics classes of junior high school were daunting and went on to convince myself that a career in medicine might not be right for me.... [tags: Gifted Hands, Dr. Ben Carson, career, ]
603 words (1.7 pages)
- Accountants are becoming a needed job in the business industry and play a very important role in the success of many businesses. This job usually requires at least a bachelor’s degree in accounting and sometimes even a CPA (Certified Public Accountant). There are many other things that are needed to be considered before choosing this career. The job environment, education, skills, and benefits are just some of the many things that need to be thought through before considering this career. An accountant makes sure that the Nation’s firms are run efficiently, the public records are kept accurately, and that taxes are paid properly and on time (“Accountants and Auditors”).... [tags: Career Research ]
1072 words (3.1 pages)
- Growing up I had no idea I would be pursuing a career in student affairs. I did not even know if I would go to college. People would always ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up and I always seemed to have a different answer to give them. I would say I wanted to be a teacher, a doctor, a missionary, and more but in reality, I was not really sure. When it came to begin college, I was still unsure of my career path, so, I decided to attend a community college. I hoped I would be able to gain my Associate’s degree and discover a little more about myself.... [tags: College, High school, 2007 singles, Family]
2007 words (5.7 pages)
- At a very young age I realized I had a love for children. This love was a result of me being around my young cousins. It was so intriguing to watch their behavior on a daily basis. They always yearned for attention, and used many smart tactics to receive it. Throughout the years, I never found it to be a problem to respond to their needs. In fact, it was a joy. However, when they were sick, I knew I wanted to help them, but did not always have the answers. I was able to comfort them, but my yearning to help ran deeper than comfort.... [tags: Medicine, Physician, Immune system, Medical school]
835 words (2.4 pages)
- Growing up in a country where girls are constantly advised to be doctors, nurses, educators, and any other profession except law enforcement has furthered my motivation in accomplishing just that. Even as a little girl I simply could not ignore the violence, corruption, and inequality that affected my country; I wanted to resolve violence that brought misery to many, and bring justice to those who desperately deserved it. My goals of pursuing a career in criminal justice were constantly struck down and criticized throughout the years.... [tags: Drug addiction, Addiction, Drug, Drugs]
992 words (2.8 pages)
- When a patient walks in to visit the pharmacy they are making a decision about their health care. Patient’s health care decisions should not be limited to choosing their doctor or pharmacy, but should be extended to deciding how that doctor and pharmacist works with them to achieve their personal health goals. Pursuing a career in health care requires a commitment to a long-term formal education, a great deal of debt and a lifelong commitment to continuing education. After completing school a pharmacist has a well-developed set of tools for dealing with patient populations to help them manage their health care.... [tags: Health Care]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- “You should do pharmacy, you will have no future in business!” my mom said bluntly. Hearing those words felt disheartening, but something I have prove to my parents. Like many Asian parents, they want their child to pursue a career that will make their child financially stable, leading many to become doctors, lawyers, engineers, or any appreciated career from their Asian parents. Although, business may not earn as much money as the top professions, I have been interested in business, since it involves real-world concepts that can be practical for everyday life and the wide array of fields within the business world.... [tags: University, Professor, Marketing]
815 words (2.3 pages)
- Computer Programming is a Career Worth Pursuing When one thinks of computer programming, one might think of complicated problems and challenges. People may think that computer programming is hard, well it’s really rather easy if you have the right training and education. Someone may think that it requires a lot of work and years in college, when it really does not require much. There are many job opportunities opening every day for computer programmers. Computer programmers have several job opportunities these days.... [tags: Papers]
991 words (2.8 pages)
- RESEARCH SKILLS INTRODUCTION The route I have decided to take after gaining enough credits at Access to Higher Education (Healthcare Science) is to study Diagnostic Radiography. According to the Birmingham City University, I should at least obtain a minimum of 220 UCAS tariff points. The number of credits required will be in excess of that of needed to pass the Access course (66Level 3 credits) and should include Level 3 credits in Science-based subjects, English and Study Skills. I have chosen to take one of the Allied health professions route and want to study Radiography.... [tags: Careers Jobs]
1964 words (5.6 pages)
- Pursuing a Career as a Rep Pursuing a career as a rep is quite a long process with lots of different stages involved. Stage 1: Research Before you send any forms or fill in any applications you must research any potential position with a certain company. Each individual must check their compatibility before applying. Candidates must make sure thy are old enough as tour operators always have age restrictions which range from 18-25. They must also think about what the tour operator is looking for personality wise.... [tags: Papers]
999 words (2.9 pages)
This part of the research helped to better understand what I need to know for what I’m heading into when I start to make a career for myself. I made me think about what I can look forward to, avoid doing and make sure that I do. This is important because it could get better or worse and I need to be prepared for anything in my career as an anime creator.
MY CAREER RESEARCH
Ever since I was in the third grade I’ve wanted to do something in anime. I had first heard about it then but because I had never had internet access until I was about 11 or 12 years old I had never been able to research it just watch and draw it. I want to have my own anime show but I also have backup plans in case this doesn’t work out. Finding this information isn’t easy after four years I have finally found all of the correct information I need. Most of the information I had found was for making someone else’s idea come to life and not your own which isn’t what I want to do so I tried cartoon creator since anime and cartoons are similar and are made in the same formatting and it helped get to websites that had all of the right information.
Making money could be an issue. Many creators of anime make about $65,000 a year so I could make a decent amount of money from making my own show. Unfortunately income looks to be unstable and has been lowering since April 2013. So this could be threatening for my favored type of industry. One reason is that anime is mostly shown on the internet and don’t have as many sponsors as other shows and TV networks and the commercials that are seen are for the website’s benefit not so much the shows. So the income is not guaranteed.
Education would be the easiest. Like I said before carton creation is similar to anime creation so they require the same level of education, which is very little. The companies that buy ideas for shows often look for the most highly educated but don’t have any requirements for it except for basic education as in K-12. So what I plan to do is get a degree in Art and 2D animation and have a bachelor’s in both. Also due to limitations in income of my career I don’t plan on going back to school unless in need to find a new job so it would be important for me to work hard the first time and do better now. Right now I’m in an early college program which will help me to get my associates in Art and my diploma which will reduce the need for some classes in college so I’ve already started. These choices will help me to qualify and maybe even over qualify for what I want to do. But I will have to have a plan for the unstable income that I will receive.
So how do my career and the economy relate? Well first the dollar has weakened so things cost more. It will be harder to pay for college because it has increased price and I may have to travel so that will also increase the price. Also because of the unstable salary for my career I can’t be sure of my money and with the cost of living changing that could cause some major problems. The best thing for me to do would be to live cheap and save a lot. I have to buy what I need first such as food, clothes, bills, a car, etc. and avoid extra spending until I have covered the important cost. Though this exclude if my spouse will have a job or if i join one of the bigger animation companies like Funimation or Shonen Jump which will come with a larger income because they have extra sources of income not just shows.
HOW DOES THIS RELATE TO WHAT I’M DOING NOW.
In the story the Great Gatsby, Gatsby is corrupted by having a lot of money and focusing on something that probably wouldn’t have happened. He lived too wealthy and that’s what corrupted him so I because of this I will live simply but also happily. I won’t only buy wants and focus on the past but look to the future and enjoy what I already have. He also lived in a booming economy and came from poor roots. His most admirable quality was his determination. He worked his way up from being poor to his wealthy position that he had. Being determined is the only thing that won’t fail you it will keep you going even if everything doesn’t work out.
WHAT I LEARNED
So the economy will only be an obstacle for me to get around so working hard and being determined will get me around it. I also know that I will have to be very careful because of my constantly changing salary and live simply but also enjoy myself every now and again so that i can enjoy what I’ve worked for. Getting there will take some work and require me to get a job to help pay for things until I can get my career started. And just like Gatsby I will have to work hard and be determined to obtained my desired career.
Anime Creation Salary in United States. 5 December 2013. 5 December 2013.
"Anime Creator Salaries." Glassdoor. N.p., n.d. Web. 05 Dec. 2013.
"National Average Salary for "anime Creator"" Anime Creator Salary. N.p., n.d. Web. 05 Dec. 2013.
"The New Normal Economic Environment." The New Normal Economic Environment. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Dec. 2013.
"Yuki Nitta." Yuki Nitta RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 05 Dec. 2013.