Our behavior at times can seem a little out of the ordinary. People do not always conform to the behavior that is accepted by everyone else. From time to time people will stray from the beaten path and it tends to make them stand out. I used to just kind of look the other way without really giving it a second thought. Now when I look at behavior that is not exactly normal I am able to try and come up with a hypothesis on the causes of their behavior. I have a co-worker that is well known for being a compulsive liar. He likes to fabricate the most unbelievable stories and events that there is obviously no way ever could have happened. I think we may have all met someone like this before. So instead of just nodding my head or calling him out on his lies I now find myself trying to understand what they mean. Why is it he lies about these things? Through further analysis I have formed a hypothesis as to why he does it. He grew up with several siblings. One of these siblings has special needs and requires a great deal of...
... middle of paper ...
...ork I now am more motivated to strive ahead and move forward and I better understand why it is that I do it everyday. I understand our need for self improvement and I know now that I tend to agree more with the expectancy theory of motivation. As a leader of junior personnel I have learned that people are motivated in different ways. I can now figure out what their motivation is and provide them with a means to an end so that they will know what it is they are working for. This will cause them to work harder or more efficiently to achieve their own personal goals. So whether I am at home with my family or I am out at a ballgame it seems there will always be something I am doing or thinking that involves psychology. Psychology was a much bigger part of my life than I ever realized. It is involved in how I think, learn, behave, and interact with everything around me.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Reflection Essay Now the communication class is almost over I have realize how important is to have good communication skills, and how it is key to life. I have learned many things in this class for example ways to approach strangers. Another thing that I have learned how to handle conflict and how sometimes it could be good it not always bad and many others. The way I look things have change to have reach my goals. This class was has also taught me how to look in the “other” perceptive, and not being selfish by just seeing one side.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Communication, Psychology]
1123 words (3.2 pages)
- Freshman Year Reflection Paper When I first packed everything to move to Springfield, I was excited to start college in a new place and really be independent. During the first week of classes, I swore that I would not be able to survive this first semester. I did not expect some of the classes to be as difficult as they turned out to be. Other issues with a roommate led the first weeks to be rough; however, I started to like college once I found my ground and got my head straight. Once I was on campus and on my own, the allure of being independent disappeared.... [tags: High school, Personality psychology, Class]
738 words (2.1 pages)
- Final Reflection Assignment I’ve learned so much through this course. This course helped me learn behavior and people around me. Now I can see how it is hard for the people to live with their disorders. The society treats those people like outcasts and most of them even laugh at their disorder. Every behavior can be explained by psychology. Psychology explores human mental process and human behavior then tries to find a way to treat or make it better. There are different techniques and steps used to treat a patient.... [tags: Psychology, Behavior, Human behavior, Sociology]
815 words (2.3 pages)
- Christopher mendoza Psych 33 Psychology reflection paper Throughout the school year we had many good topics as well as exercises that we have done in class go 5 that really stuck out to me and help improve my life for the better where the multiple intelligence worksheets how to communicate being aggressive assertive or submissive learning about the gender Norms of the Samoans stress and its effects and how it affects me in my day-to-day life And my personality traits and how it affects my life and who I hang around with.... [tags: Big Five personality traits, Psychology]
1592 words (4.5 pages)
- he first day of class was an introduction to Adlerian psychology where professor asked the students questions about their interests, why we chose our specific program, and our familiarity with Alfred Adler. An emphasis was placed on what was required from the syllabi, and expectations relative to students finishing the class. A video of Dr. Rudolph Dreikurs was also shown in class having giving a discussion some of Alfred Adler’s concepts. In the video conversation Dr. Dreikurs spoke about the following: • Adler’s approach on learning personalities • Social interest (basis of expanding to the need of the situation) • Democratic and Autocratic Leadership styles •... [tags: Psychology]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- Prior to choosing Sleep Psychology as my topic for this course, I knew very little about the topic. I am currently enrolled in Psychology 101 and a small component of the course was learning about sleep psychology; however, after the two class meetings in which my Psychology class discussed sleep psychology, I was still interested in learning more about it. I decided on Sleep Psychology as my research topic for this class because I thought it was a very interesting and relevant topic with a lot of area to expand on my knowledge of the topic.... [tags: Psychology, Better, Learning, Sleep]
906 words (2.6 pages)
- Over the past eight weeks this class has not only fulfilled my major requirements, but also made me understand more about the complexity of child development and how I can become a better person as a future parent and educator. Since I am an Education major, the four topics that would benefit me in the future are Erikson’s stages, Induction, Educational Self Fulfilling Philosophy, and Adolescence. I plan to be successful with my career and use what I have learned in Child Development to prepare future’s leaders of tomorrow.... [tags: Course Reflection]
1725 words (4.9 pages)
- Most of us should be asking to themselves why I would have to study psychology and what I will learn from it. Psychology is the scientific study of overt behavior and mental process (covert process). Wilhelm Wundt was a German physician, physiologist, philosopher, and professor known as the father of psychology. The study of psychology is beneficial for humanity. In psychology are goals which are description, understand the causes of a behavior, predict when it will occur, and control the conditions that affect it.... [tags: Psychology, Thought, Mind, Brain]
894 words (2.6 pages)
- When an individual decides to pursue a doctoral degree in clinical psychology, one of the many decisions he or she has to make is what type of programs to apply to. Although there are several types of programs, an individual may choose the scientist-practitioner model, which will award a Ph.D. degree, or the scholar practitioner model, which will award the Psy.D. degree. The scientist practitioner model emphasizes a balance between conducting research and applying that research to clinical training.... [tags: Psychology, Clinical psychology, Psychotherapy]
1998 words (5.7 pages)
- Personal reflection is when you ask yourself thought provoking questions so that you can develop a deeper level of understanding about yourself (Holdefer). Personal reflection isn’t always the easiest thing to do. You generally have to think about things before you can write about them. There really isn’t a right or wrong answer when it comes to personal reflection. When reflecting you need to consider why you are feeling a certain way or why you did something a certain way. We often just look at the end results of something.... [tags: Psychology, Cognition, Feeling, Question]
797 words (2.3 pages)