“One day recently, Cynthia Newton’s 12-year-old daughter asked her for help with homework, but Newton didn’t want to help her, because she was too busy on Facebook. So her daughter went upstairs to her room and sent an e-mail asking her for help, but Newton didn’t see the e-mail, because, well, she was too busy on Facebook.” This unusual action, by a is from one of typical moms in this nation is excerpted from an article titled, “Five Clues…Facebook” from CNN. As the social networks system have s become rooted into our society, people have become way different from the past. As soon as Facebook came out in the world,When Facebook appeared, people were fascinated by it, and it grew as theinto the most massive, powerful social network that connects the wholein the world. Since the birth of Facebook, a majority of people became so addictive to it [D1] as Newton acted; so, what draws people into Facebook? What makes them click on the “News feed” button in every five minutes? I would like to ask a broader question: Why are people fascinated by and dependent on social media, and what is its role and impact on us?
1,924,913,929 is the number of views on Youtube for the music video “Gangnam Style” by Psy, whose song was spread worldwide in just a few clicks. When I saw this unrealistic [D2] number of views, I was not astonished by Psy’ popularity but by the powerulness of social media to that can connect two billion people to into one music video. The primary reason that Psy he could earn the title of “The most viewed Youtube video in the history”, and he could become a global star within just a couple of months is the social media, Youtube[D3] . As Psy’s phenomenon demonstrates, social media has been fundamental in our lives and be...
... middle of paper ...
...ose pictures of menus that other people posted before. I am never afraid of entering a new restaurant door anymore.
In fact, now it is impossible for us to be separate from the social media since it plays a necessary role in our generation. We have to remind that it is not the fault of social media that sometimes it can be abused, but it is ours. We should not make a generation where a mom is too busy with chatting with friends on Facebook and cannot help her daughter with her homework, or one is spending all day stalking on his ex- girlfriend. [D23] That is too miserable. And yet, we should not just throw the social media away from here because Facebook and Youtube give us so much joyful moments of others and mine. We always should be conscious and cautious about how we use the social media and balance it well. That is all.
Now, let me refresh my homepage. [D24]
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “One day recently, Cynthia Newton’s 12-year-old daughter asked her for help with homework, but Newton didn’t want to help her, because she was too busy on Facebook. So her daughter went upstairs to her room and sent an e-mail asking her for help, but Newton didn’t see the e-mail, because, well, she was too busy on Facebook.” This unusual action, by a is from one of typical moms in this nation is excerpted from an article titled, “Five Clues…Facebook” from CNN. As the social networks system have s become rooted into our society, people have become way different from the past.... [tags: Facebook Essays]
1954 words (5.6 pages)
- Online social networks have grown steadily in influence, especially in the United States, as they become an integral part of the college undergraduates’ culture. One primary social network is the website Facebook, which caters to the culture of undergraduate students, with its free user profiles containing the ability to post pictures, form groups, and create events. The capability of Facebook and other social networks to influence students is evident, but whether the overall effect is positive or negative is questionable.... [tags: Facebook, David M. Eberhardt, College Life]
1714 words (4.9 pages)
- Around ten years ago, the idea of a social network was revolutionary. Fast forward ten years, and it has become the norm; from the time we wake up in the morning until closing our eyes at night, social media has become a huge aspect of our daily lives. Social media is facilitating a platform for majority of events, parties, and just keeping in touch with people. When stopping to think about all the benefits social media is providing, one cannot help but wonder if social media is having a negative impact on society.... [tags: facebook, twitter, networks]
823 words (2.4 pages)
- Aims and Objectives The purpose of this paper is to inform readers of the advantages and disadvantages of social media in the lives of the young generations in today’s society. Our research will determine what aspects of life that social media affects young people. We will relate information system theories to everyday life as it relates to the actions of young people and the uses of social media. Every reader will have a clear understanding of the actions and way of thinking from the perspective of a young adult while using social media understanding the motives behind their actions.... [tags: Social Networking ProCon]
3346 words (9.6 pages)
- Do you think social networking is a fad. Well, in fact, it already changed the way we communicate. With just one click we can let the entire world know. In this day and age, we have access to the world with the simple touch of a button. Social media has been an integral part in our daily lives. Last Thursday, I got home at 3:30 P.M, sat down at the kitchen table and within 20 seconds, pulled out my phone and opened up Facebook followed by Instagram then Twitter and lastly Vine. Before I knew it, it was already 7:00 P.M and I had completely forgotten to read Fight in the Fields, study for my quiz the next day, and do my homework from all of my other classes.... [tags: cyberbullying, social networking, communication]
990 words (2.8 pages)
- Social Networking sites are the quickly becoming the most popular kind of web sites on the web. The most popular of these websites, Myspace, Facebook and now Twitter, are on their way to the top of the charts for most visited sites on the Internet. Details from by Alexa.com, a company which publishes reports on web traffic, collected around May 2008 by Carter, author for ¬¬Phi Delta Kappan, reveals that Myspace.com is the sixth most popular website. (cited in Carter) While the throne of the most popular social networking is now Facebook (cited in “Facebook dethrones Myspace”), social networking sites are still some of the most visited sites on the World Wide Web Students will have to weigh t... [tags: Internet, Twitter, Facebook, social media]
1795 words (5.1 pages)
- In our day to day lives we socialize and interact with many different types of people, including family, friends, colleagues, or even complete strangers. Before technology people stayed in contact via regular mail, writing letters, telephone calls and face to face communication. Today the way in which we relate to others is completely different. We use social media for finding romance, seeking employment, or getting advice. This is where social networking and social media come into play. Many people may think that the use of social media is making them more social and more interactive with society.... [tags: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube]
1296 words (3.7 pages)
- THE PROS AND CONS OF E-COMMERCE TODAY Introduction Electronic Commerce or e-commerce refers to a wide range of online business activities for products and services(Rosen, 2000). E-commerce (or electronic commerce) is defined as the buying and selling of goods and services conducted over electronic systems such as the Internet and other computer networks. Electronic commerce draws on technologies such as mobile commerce, electronic funds transfer, supply chain management, Internet marketing, online transaction processing, electronic data interchange (EDI), inventory management systems and automated data collection systems.... [tags: electronic systems, lower cost ]
1783 words (5.1 pages)
- Social media is a great source for breaking news. Sixty-five percent of story research from media reporters and editors come from social networking sites like FaceBook, Twitter, and LinkdeIn (Marrouat 3). For example, during the Libyan revolution Facebook became the Libyans only reliable source of news about what was going on within the country. On another note, sixty-seven percent of law enforcement believe social media helps solve crimes more quickly because criminals often expose themselves online by bragging.... [tags: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube]
1398 words (4 pages)
- The more social media we have, the more we think we're connecting, yet we’re really disconnecting from each other. Communication is a crucial part of the human life when it comes to interacting and progressing our society. Ever since the beginning of as much as we can remember, we’ve communicated in many forms such as body language, sign language and written language. Nowadays, we’ve taken socializing to a whole new level. We’ve constructed a form of typed language with the given name, social networking.... [tags: YouTube, Facebook, Twitter]
879 words (2.5 pages)