I believe someone would want to take on a leadership role within the organization because they will feel that they are capable of taking on more responsibility. The salary can also have a role in taking a leadership role. If someone was to offer me a higher salary to take on a leadership role, I probably would. Some of the pros can include making changes that will benefit the organization. Another would be leading the organization to success by making goal and having great sales. Some cons can include people blaming you if something doesn’t work out. You are the leader of the company so if something goes wrong, the leader will be the person responsible. People being envy of a leader is a common con. Being a leader comes with great responsibilities, so whether you’re a good leader or not, you will always be in charge of the employees actions.
2. According to GLOBE research, there are ten "differences in cultural dimensions." Describe all ten and please provide a specific example of each.
Performance orientation deals with rewarding individuals for their work performances. For example, I previously worked for an organization who gifted gift cards to the employees who had excellence work performances, this would encourage us to work hard. Assertiveness is the instance where individuals are aggressive with one another. Future orientation is the extent to which individuals engage (and should engage) in future-oriented behaviors such as delaying gratification, planning, and making investments for the future (DuBrin, A. J. (2010). Time orientation is the way individuals perceive time. Human orientation is the level where society re...
... middle of paper ...
...o the job and convince the employees to do something. This could be done with reciprocity, which means individuals repay with kindness. For example, if a manager sees that the employees are working hard, the manager may reward the employees by letting them leave early or buying them lunch. Scarcity, for example will be something available for limited time only. This can encourage organizations to do well in sales. Individuals are normally persuaded by people they like. This can also increase sales, because people are likely to buy a product from someone they like. Individuals are more likely to listen if someone has an authority figure. Social Proof is an occurrence where individuals assume the responsibility of other individuals so they can regulate behaviors for situations. With Consistency individuals must feel as if they are committed to what you want them to do.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Be a leader and not a follower. Too many people want to always follow others. The reason probably why Americans is so far behind is because there one to lead. We have the work ethics to get things done. But the spirit of laziness has taking control of the people. Every day we want any and everything to get easily handed to us on a silver platter. Other countries are leading in the productive industries. We never tend to finish things we find difficult because it then become a prosaic task to our schedule.... [tags: leadership, God, high school]
1096 words (3.1 pages)
- Do you like colors. What if I asked you to make a single sharpie. Would you be able to complete that simple task without instructions. As hard as it may seem, it is actually quite simple. The process is a few simple tasks added up to a big task. Sharpie parts are first made in the molding department of a factory. These parts are then sent to the assembly department. In assembly, the logo and names are pressed onto the tubes and the pieces are put together. After assembly, they move to packaging.... [tags: Factory, Retailing, Manufacturing, Pallet]
742 words (2.1 pages)
- Section 1 – Euthanasia Euthanasia is a form of ending a life voluntarily if the person (he or she) is in pain or suffering. The idea of and/or the practice of Euthanasia is a huge issue all over the world as people debate whether it should be or should not be leaglised and whether it is morally or spiritually right. According to Dictionary.com, The definition of euthanasia is: “Also called mercy killing. the act of putting to death painlessly or allowing to die, as by withholding extreme medical measures, a person or animal suffering from an incurable, especially a painful, disease or condition.' - http://www.dictionary.com/browse/euthanasia Medicinenet.com describes euthanasia as follow... [tags: Roman Catholic Church, Catholic Church, Euthanasia]
1833 words (5.2 pages)
- Being born and raised in a developing country has its own pros and cons. I belong to a middle class Muslim family form Karachi, Pakistan. Growing up, I realized that challenging our own society and culture, as a young aspiring woman, would be no less than a battle. I am lucky that my Father never considered me less than his son. He once said, said “ I will never stop you from dreaming, Instead, I will always stand beside you to make sure your dreams come true”. It was not a norm for girls to leave the country for education.... [tags: Physician, Hospital, Medicine, Medical school]
1045 words (3 pages)
- Over the number of years, many private companies go public and it is becoming the trend. More and more companies are being listed in the stock markets. Every year, the new initial public offerings (IPOs) can be found in Bursa Malaysia and in the other countries’ markets around the world, such as NYSE. Recently, OldTown Berhad became a public listed company and trades its shares on the main board of Bursa Malaysia in 13 July 2011(Bursa Malaysia, 2011). It was founded in year 1999 as a private limited company and is the operator of “OLDTOWN WHITE COFFEE” chain outlets.... [tags: Companies, Stock Markets]
1941 words (5.5 pages)
- Explain why someone would want to assume a leadership role within an organization. What are the pros and cons of being a leader. The feeling of empowerment and being in control makes a lot of people feel like they have succeeded in life. However, a leader's job is to provide vision and inspiration, which in turn will provide direction to his or her followers. Anyone who wants to assume a leadership role within an organization is doing it because they see there is an opportunity for them to take an organization and make it prosper.... [tags: Leadership ]
1807 words (5.2 pages)
- Growing up in the United States, we have been lucky enough to have been blessed with a stable economy. There has always been the extreme feeling of complacency and stability that comes with being a very large, internationally respected country. Strangely enough, America does not only reap the benefits of globalization, but it also basks in the glory of localization. We have, as a country, experienced much success both internationally and domestically. For example, without our international businesses booming the way they are, our country would suffer from a great economical loss.... [tags: Globalization vs Localization Essays]
1499 words (4.3 pages)
- Assignment #4 - Myers Briggs Personality Type Pros/Cons During the power point on the Myers Briggs Type Indicator, as the instructor went through the different types of personalities, I was able to recognize which subcategories I fall into almost instantly. When my computer personality test results were returned, I was correct. As I read the type descriptions of Extroversion, Intuition, Feeling, and Judging- ENFJ- I quickly recognized myself within the descriptive words. The first subset of my personality is Extraversion, as opposed to Introversion.... [tags: Personality]
688 words (2 pages)
- According to historians from the BBC article (Hitler’s Leadership Style, Geoffrey Megargee), Adolf Hitler was one of the greatest people to lead a whole nation in history. Similar to any great leader, he lead, inspired, and guided millions of Aryans of all ages and genders to believe they were more superior and pure than all of the other existing races and ethnicities. Hitler came to power in 1933 when Germany was recovering from its recession as well as depression from World War I. Similar to any other leader, Hitler had one motive, and that was to rebuild the lives and the entire country to give them confidence and believing they were a phenomenal group of people.... [tags: Pro Con Essays]
2465 words (7 pages)
- Group Mentality: Advantages and Disadvantages The idea of a “band mentality” has been around since before humans have existed. In chimpanzees, our closest common ancestor, the group follows a dominant male, while interacting among the group based on who they like or dislike. Early humans were separated into small bands of hunters for both protection and aid in killing prey. The most experienced hunter led the attack, and it was important to have people who accepted his opinion and listened to him.... [tags: Pro Con Essays]
1034 words (3 pages)