This proposal is to help set goals for the workers at SC Company. Locke and Latham (2002), define goals as an object or aim of an action. The following theories are to address the problems at the SC Company. The notion is once there is collaboration between management and their workers, employee performance may enhance. In addition, implementing the next three theories may further increase employee productivity and satisfaction. Furthermore, these next theories postulate self-regulation, motivation, and goals if implemented properly these theories can positively affect the SC Company.
Carver and Scheier (1982) define self-regulation as behavior regulated through a discrepancy-reducing feedback loop. Caver and Scheier (1982) provide the following steps for their theory. These steps enhance ones success in reaching their desired behaviors. First, an individual should have a clear understanding of the behaviors they want to change. Second, an individual has to find the baseline of where their behaviors are currently. This baseline will give a point of reference for later measurement. Third, individuals’ can take action. An individual sets forth action if there is a discrepancy. Discrepancies decrease ...
... middle of paper ...
...ries along with collaboration can enhance the culture and structure of the organization. Furthermore, this intervention plan, should clearly state, what it looks like when the presenting problem has been eliminated. Lastly, there should be a scheduled time to collaborate, revisit the presenting problem, and make changes if necessary.
Carver, C.S., & Scheier, M.F. (1982). Control theory: A useful conceptual framework for
personality-social, clinical and health psychology. Psychological Bulletin, 92(1), 111-
Locke, E.A. & Latham, G.P. (2002). Building a practically useful theory of goal setting and task
motivation: A 35-year odyssey. American Psychologist, 57(9) 705-717.
Ryan, R.M. & Deci, E.L. (2000). Self-determination theory and the facilitation of intrinsic
motivation, social development and well-being. American Psychologist, 55(1), 68-78.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- PROPOSAL FOR A SENIOR EMPLOYMENT AGENCY BY COLORADO SPRINGS EMPLOYMENT INC. INTRODUCTION Grants Request Document Type: National Aging Grant Funding Opportunity Number: HHS-2010-AOA-SL-1007 Opportunity Category: Title IV Discretionary Projects Funding Instrument Type: Cooperative Agreement Expected Number of Awards: 7 Estimated Total Program Funding: 7 Award Ceiling: $100,000 Award Floor: $100,000 Grant Application Due Date: April 21, 2010 Grant Proposal Three page description including the following information: Senior employment agency details of funds requested Detail need for service Expected impact of senior employment in the area Stated goals and objectives Ti... [tags: Business Proposal]
2345 words (6.7 pages)
- Overview This proposal responds to RED CHEETAH’S desire to procure a Web site provider to design the front end of the Web sites for their customers who want to establish on online store with RED CHEETAH’s e-commerce capabilities. The sites will include professionally written content and expertly designed graphics that together present a professional and credible store image. The goal of each site is to immediately capture site visitors’ attention, introduce them to the company, and showcase the variety of merchandise available.... [tags: Business Proposal]
1690 words (4.8 pages)
- ... With that being said, adding more links on the left hand side of the website will make it easier for customers to do their research. The website needs an update on the about us tab Frequency of Publication: The future website will need to be updated monthly to ensure all information is current and up to date. Social media platforms will need to be updated daily. If current or future customers want to follow the company’s journey, it needs to be current and up to date. Within the monthly updating process, we would include adding new videos of ESEC machines, and responding to the customer feedback section of the new website that will be added.... [tags: Need, Want, Web page, Social media]
1509 words (4.3 pages)
- Champion Services, Inc. - Software Development Proposal Champion Services, Inc., like all other companies, desires to be the best. When it comes to delivering high quality programming and service to the people of the northwest United States, Champion Services, Inc. feels that there is no one better. Champion Services, Inc. currently provides a basic Internet portal for its customers. This portal provides basic information and the ability to request more information by automating an email message.... [tags: Business Proposal Plan]
1647 words (4.7 pages)
- ... Inkjet printers are only good for single users who print a few pages a day (Riofrio, 2011). For an office with 50 employees, especially in publishing, a laser printer is ideal. This printer will provide for higher quality, fast printing, and lower per page costs than an inkjet. The HP LaserJet Pro M521dn is a high-speed multifunction laser printer designed for the small to medium office environment. It is suited to serve as the standard black and white printer for your office for normal business printing and large volume printing.... [tags: questions, production, company]
707 words (2 pages)
- ... Be that as it may, above all they have restricted risk commitments of organization or obligations. · Limited Partnership: If an association is noted as a limited they are recognized a confined or as a general assistant. On the off chance that they are recorded as a restricted accomplice then the proprietor 's gear, other property, and extra including assets are the main things that are at risk. In this area we are going to give a more inside and out portrayal of the business developments: · Limited Liability Partners(LLP): During a LLP no broad accomplices exist seeing that there are just restricted accomplices that do exist in the meantime under this type of restricted risk.... [tags: Corporation, Limited liability partnership]
1352 words (3.9 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Artemis Sportswear Company is a company that sells every type of sports wear from the head bands to the shoes on your feet. The company has experienced a steady yearly increase; however, the company is still looking for ways in which they can improve their profit line. Their goal is to find ways in which to accomplish this with minimal effect on the workers and productivity. BACKGROUND Artemis Sportswear Company has been in existence for six years. During this time the company has been fortunate enough to experience a profitable gain.... [tags: Business Analysis]
1328 words (3.8 pages)
- Loyalty Card Proposal by Waitrose In an industry where the players are generally ranked by their size, Waitrose has established itself as a leader - not on the basis of mass but of quality. Other supermarket giants have gone for volume; Waitrose has targeted quality and choice. The products they offer are of high quality and this is reflected in the prices which tend to be higher than other supermarkets such as Tesco's. The variety on the shelves reflects the demanding tastes of the Waitrose shopper who the company promotes itself to, and includes a huge choice of wines, But there are keenly priced essentials, too, for the budget-watching household.... [tags: Papers]
847 words (2.4 pages)
- Proposal Analysis Industry Market Competition Barriers to entry may exist in terms of capturing and retaining customers in a highly competitive environment of fashion industry (-) Market size 4.3 million, with high disposable income that spends 5 billion $ on clothes. This market group has a growth rate of 8-10% per year (+) Well established competitors Liz Clairborne, Evan Picone that already capitalise on market and trend(-) Clearly distinguished market leaders (-)Liz Clairborne, Evan Picone Market trends favours varied looks in clothes that can be satisfied by Heather Evans Bridge line.... [tags: Papers]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- Windows NT Proposal Migration to Windows NT Proposal Plan As technology advances so should the products and services provided by companies. In every industry, technology is becoming the key success factor to growth and profit. The ability to communicate with people all around the world has created a new marketplace for business. In order to remain competitive, it is important for companies to utilize the most current technology. At ABC Inc., the use of the latest technological tools allows the company to provide first-rate, quality architectural engineering services to its clients.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1946 words (5.6 pages)