Bullying is not just friendly quarrel, it is not a minor dispute, it is stealing away the joys of life from another, it is ruining ones live forever. Bullying has ruined countless lives, and it will continue to do so if severe action isn't taken, bullying must be stopped and it must be stopped now. This proposal aims to eradicate bullying from our local high schools; by collecting conclusive evidence and implementing strict regulations, we shall put a stop to the bullying once and for all.
Bullying victims are 2 to 9 times more likely to commit suicide thereby adding up to the already high teenage suicide rates. According to the ABC news network 30 percent of the students are bullying victims, meaning 3 out of every 10 teenagers is being bullied and hence slipping slowly into depression. How many friends of yours are, or have been bullied? How many friends have to lost because of bulling? How many of them decided that the end was better than the daily torture by the hands of a bully? I am sure you know at least couple who ende...
... middle of paper ...
...cher, student and parent involved in our local high school. The estimate cost of setting up a CCTV camera in each room would be around fifty thousand dollars. Though the money, time and effort is great, the regard would be greater. The assurance of the safety of the students, the assurance of a reduction in suicide rates and teenagers going into depression, are only the tip of the iceberg. By implementing these laws, we would be able to set examples and thus remind the students that the high school does not take issues like such, lightly. Moreover, the benefits of implementing the CCTV system can be seen all over the world, firms, banks, offices, all agree to the fact that the implementation of the CCTV system has dramatically reduced all criminal activities in the firm. The benefits greatly overweigh the hard work and so this proposal is one that is bound to succeed
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Jonathan Swift is the king of satire known for his seemingly unorthodox works throughout the early 18th century. Swift capitalizes in his arguments by hooking a targeted audience with expert use of logic, tragedy, and character. In “A Modest Proposal” Swift uses exaggerated rhetoric and irony to emphasize his disdain for the troubles facing Ireland throughout the turn of the 17th century. Most of Ireland has succumb to poverty due to English bullying and therefore Swift developed a do-it-yourself solution for those most affected by these hard times.... [tags: Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal, Satire]
706 words (2 pages)
- ... Although Scandinavia and the U.K. continue to lead in this area, bullying and mobbing research now includes, among others, scholars and professionals in Japan, Australia, and Canada. In the United States the history of adult bullying research has been less straightforward. U.S. psychiatrist Carroll Brodsky conducted one of the first studies of workplace harassment and subsequently published “The Harassed Worker”. Despite the groundbreaking nature of his work, the book stirred little interest at the time.... [tags: adult bullying at work]
1261 words (3.6 pages)
- BULLYING Bullying in its many forms, as we all know, is affecting our country, communities and school districts in the severest of ways. My purpose in presenting this information to the school board is so that we can join together in an effort to find ways to put a stop the epidemic of bullying, more specifically the need for a code of conduct on bullying, as well as raise awareness of bullying prevention. According to the Florida Department of Education or FLDOE, “Florida Statute 1006.147, also known as The Jeffrey Johnston Stand Up for All Students Act, requires school districts to adopt an official policy prohibiting bullying and harassment of students and staff on school grounds, at s... [tags: Abuse, Bullying, High school, Aggression]
1638 words (4.7 pages)
- Eason Wu Stacey Suver CSE 300 14 April 2016 Trait of Cyberbullying In the past years, the traditional bullying has been trending to bully on the internet because of the developed technology. The bullying often occurs at school. Students who are being cyberbullied are often bullied in a person as well. Cyberbullying is different than the traditional bullying. Cyberbullying can happen any times and days in a week. The physical bullying usually brings with different between bullies and victims, and creates a target to bully.... [tags: Bullying, Abuse, Relational aggression]
798 words (2.3 pages)
- In human society, there are only a select few that choose to avoid conformity which makes them an individual in being that they can control their minds and make decisions up for themselves. A famous sociologist, Solomon Asch, conducted the Asch experiment which was a line experiment to see if people would change their answers just to fit in with the group of people around them. Astonishingly, the results proved that over 75 percent of people conform to society to fit in. Conformity in society takes away individuality in turn making humanity fade away.... [tags: Jonathan Swift, Satire, A Modest Proposal]
1284 words (3.7 pages)
- Preventing Bullying Phoebe Prince is a name some of us might not know or remember, but in 2010 her name and picture were everywhere. Phoebe Prince was an Irish immigrant who moved to South Hadley, Massachusetts. In her new high school she was the subject of malicious bullying by her classmates, both at school and online. This bullying would eventually drive Phoebe to hang herself. Bullying in schools and online has become a serious problem in our country.... [tags: Bullying, Abuse, Victim, School bullying]
1216 words (3.5 pages)
- At some point during your childhood, you may have encountered that troubled individual, typically known as the “bully” that drove fear in the hearts of the weakest link by humiliating them, taking what is rightfully theirs, constantly picking on them and sometimes even inflicting physical abuse. Well I hate to break it to you but this individual is back and is more equipped than before, preying on the weak and vulnerable in the cyber world (internet). Most recently, it took a crime wave of “cyber bullying” before our media and leaders in the Untied States gave it attention; now that the American people realize that the “classroom bully” has evolved into a more dangerously clever and sinister... [tags: Bullying]
1858 words (5.3 pages)
- Jonathan Swift's Essay, "A Modest Proposal" Jonathan Swift in his essay, "A Modest Proposal" suggests a unique solution to the problem concerning poor children in Ireland. Swift uses several analytical techniques like statistics, induction, and testimony to persuade his readers. His idea is admirable because he suggests that instead of putting money into the problem, one can make money from the problem. However, his proposal is inhumane. Swift wrote his proposal for those that were tired of looking at poor children of Ireland.... [tags: Jonathan Swift A Modest Proposal]
660 words (1.9 pages)
- Swifts' Powerful Message in A Modest Proposal In the Holy Bible, Jesus Christ states that there will always be poor, pathetic, struggling masses and nothing we can do will ever completely eliminate this element. Swift also acknowledges the homeless people, but in a different vein than Christ. In "A Modest Proposal," the narrator expresses pity for the poor, but at the same time he strives to maintain his social dominance over them. According to Swift, the English-Irish common people of the time exist in a disgusting state, a fact that he attempts to make the English Parliament aware of. The poor that Swift refers to are Catholics, peasants, and every homeless man, wom... [tags: Swift Modest Proposal Essays]
1148 words (3.3 pages)
- Business Proposal In today’s busy world where time is precious to everybody; getting readymade food at the door steps is everyone’s wish. That’s the precise reason anyone from small restaurant to the biggest have home food delivery service. Everyone have their own choice in foods and eat different stuff at different time. Even In same family someone may want pizza for dinner, someone want subway sandwich, and someone may want Mexican food. In such situation when everyone in family want different stuff to eat at same time; you may end up spending lots of time going through different food menus, calling different restaurants, putting up separate orders and wait to get all orders delivered so... [tags: Business Proposal]
434 words (1.2 pages)
- Sherman Alexie's Every Little Hurricane and Amusements
- Acruelty in Hong Kong:a Discussion about the Influence on Society
- Pervaporation for Treating Volatile Organic Compounds in Groundwater
- Healthcare Industry's Migration to the Cloud
- Reasonable Suspicion in Law Enforcement
- Thomas Eakins, Affection for Realism in Paintings