As a native of Lancaster, I feel an obligation to act and do something that will benefit my community. I am well aware of the many perils that youth face, and these obstacles can be extremely difficult to overcome without positive figures to aid and provide guidance. There is a great need for an intensive mentoring program within the community to positively influence the lives of youth. For The Land of Dreams, I have proposed to host a community basketball tournament to raise funds to implement a mentoring program to assist in the personal growth and career development of youth in Lancaster County and surrounding areas. The program will form partnerships with local school districts and the juvenile court system. This event will aid Lancaster County by providing additional discretionary resources that will be used to fund such activities as tutoring programs, leadership courses, and college tours.
As a Lancaster native, I have had an opportunity to experience the many facets of life for youth within the county. I have had close friends lose their way and sense of direction, due to a lack of leaders and positive mentors. I was fortunate to have these positive figures in my life to deter any unhealthy or destructive behavior. As I view things now, I see that more and more young men and women are falling victim to this trap, and have not found a way to end this detrimental cycle. A major issue concerning this matter is a lack of adequate funding for the mentoring programs. There are many individuals who would love to volunteer and assist with the programs, but there should be finances in place to take the youth on field trips of some sort that is related to the program that will make things more appealing, su...
... middle of paper ...
Land of Dreams plans on build funding support from businesses and private donors in the community. Yet it will take six years before funding from these sources becomes strong enough to expand the program. The primary expenditures for the program are for the training and managing of mentors and the program activities for youth and mentors. Therefore it is essential that due exertion is applied to fund allocation for these critical program responsibilities. An effective communication system will be established to report fiscal data to the Board of Directors so adjustment can be made immediately to assure the strength of the program.
Important General Assumptions:
• We assume generous community support
• We assume a continued need for at risk-youth
• Slow growth economy
• We assume no unseen changes in federal funding from grants
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The second fundraiser would be a community awareness event where all citizens would be welcome to come for an afternoon and be exposed to some learning activities that the Cadets in the Cadet Program get to experience. For this fundraiser only Officers would be able to run the booths. The citizens would be given gun safety seminars, they would be able to learn some self-defense moves, and they would be able to be a part of a question and answer session with a few police officers. The age requirement for this fundraiser would be 14 years old and all of those attending would pay a price of five dollars for admission.... [tags: Police, Constable, The Police, Law enforcement]
1258 words (3.6 pages)
- Description In 2013, Dr. John McKay came to Sandhills Community College to recruit students into the Wingate University Doctorate Program. In addition, it is felt that McKay’s major rationale for visiting SCC to recruit was because the program at Wingate University specifically targeted the community colleges – it was the Community College Leadership Program. Listening to McKay’s speech about the Community College Leadership Program was exciting – it was far from an elevator speech, although elevator speeches are excited as well.... [tags: College, University, Community college]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- PROPOSAL FOR A SENIOR EMPLOYMENT AGENCY BY COLORADO SPRINGS EMPLOYMENT INC. INTRODUCTION Grants Request Document Type: National Aging Grant Funding Opportunity Number: HHS-2010-AOA-SL-1007 Opportunity Category: Title IV Discretionary Projects Funding Instrument Type: Cooperative Agreement Expected Number of Awards: 7 Estimated Total Program Funding: 7 Award Ceiling: $100,000 Award Floor: $100,000 Grant Application Due Date: April 21, 2010 Grant Proposal Three page description including the following information: Senior employment agency details of funds requested Detail need for service Expected impact of senior employment in the area Stated goals and objectives Ti... [tags: Business Proposal]
2345 words (6.7 pages)
- This report analyzes a need for an inclusive monthly preventive maintenance program at State University’s Alumni House (SUAH). The purpose of this report is to provide Mr. Rob Geis, Alumni House Manager, with the information necessary to begin an inclusive monthly preventive maintenance program and to help process and solve unanticipated problems, while reducing high maintenance costs. The purpose of the preventive maintenance program (PMP) is to reduce structural damages, reduce monthly utility costs, and reduce potential problems, while educating employees about potential hazards, providing employees with a sense of environmental security, and increasing the physical appearance of the SUAH... [tags: Preventive Maintenance Program]
1301 words (3.7 pages)
- Introduction The study will seek to find out the possibility of introducing an environmental engineering program at Laurentian University. The issue of environment is one that has become very important for human beings and as such, more knowledge is needed to come up with positive solutions for all. The Laurentian University has a track record in producing engineers who are highly reputable and as such it is well placed to offer these courses to students. An environmental engineering program will combine all the divisions of science, which can make a difference in people’s daily lives.... [tags: Research Proposal ]
1435 words (4.1 pages)
- Washburn Women's Venture Partners: Proposal for Grant Funding: the iRead Common Reading Program Purpose: The iRead common reading program at Washburn University was developed to enhance the educational experience of the students and the greater Washburn/Topeka community. • Common reading programs merge the curricular and cocurricular components of college and reinforce the message that learning occurs both inside and outside the classroom.* • Such programs help students understand that reading, critical thinking, discussion, and other activities are expected in college and contribute to learning.* • Reading can promote more meaningful learning.... [tags: Verbal Proposal]
860 words (2.5 pages)
- MEMORANDUM Subject: CSR Program Proposal for Columbia Bank This memorandum proposes a corporate social responsibility program for Columbia Bank with a focus on student loan debt in our community. This CSR program could be implemented in addition to the community and customer events currently arranged on the branch level. Columbia Bank, and the local communities we serve, would greatly benefit from offering a CSR program that focuses on educating high school students, college students, parents and any potential borrower on the long-term implications of excessive student loan debt.... [tags: internal memorandum]
1252 words (3.6 pages)
- Improperly Cited Designated Driver Program Proposal ?Where there is great pain, there is great motivation for change (168).. This concept in Civic Revolutionaries is exactly what we are trying to prevent by creating a designated driver program. For pain to motivate change, it means that the change is a reactive measure to tragedy. Our hope by creating a designated driver program is to proactively stop college students from driving under the influence of alcohol. The group members for this project are Joey Ham and Lauren Press.... [tags: Drunk Driving Alcohol]
2466 words (7 pages)
- Business Proposal for Library TABLE OF CONTENTS Background??????????????????????????????1 Current Environment??????????????????????????.2 Proposed Environment?????????????????????????...3 Diagram???????????????????????????????.4 Benefits???????????????????????????????.6 Business Requirements and Cost Analysis?????????????????...8 Conclusion??????????????????????????????9 BACKGROUND I am proposing for a library to be put into the Exton campus of Delaware County Community College. There is currently not a library at this location.... [tags: Business Proposals College Library Essays]
1303 words (3.7 pages)
- Severe Weather Relief Storage Proposal Abstract Each year Hurricanes hit South Florida with devastating force. Even though Charlotte County has some policies in place to help deal with the devastation that comes with these disasters, I feel that there is a way that their preparations/reactions to these storms can be improved. If a severe weather storage facility was built to house things such as nonperishable food items, water and other practical necessities the village of Port Charlotte would be able to cope and recover a lot quicker.... [tags: Project Proposal]
1465 words (4.2 pages)