Essay PreviewMore ↓
The most common type of garden shed is wooden sheds because they match right to a garden environment. Not only that wood is a renewable source but also, it can be easily modified. You can add any detail to the garden shed anytime you feel like it. Wood may be a material of strength but through time it can rot, decay or grow moldy. That is why it needs proper maintenance.
Regularly clean the wood. Keep any kind of dirt from piling up. Ones dirt is stuck up, it would be hard to clean it up. The dirt starts to decompose causing the wood to disintegrate. If that happens, you cannot anymore expect longevity on wooden garden sheds. Make sure you know your kind of wood surface, to know what kind of wood cleaner you need. It differs from polished, painted or oil finish.
Neutralize the tannic acid on wood using wood bleach. Tannic Acid is a basic ingredient in the chemical staining of wood. The tannic acid or tannin is already present in woods like oak, walnut, and mahogany. The oxalic acid is a unique wood bleach, which may help on the darkening effect of tannic acid on wood. It does not only brighten the wood, but it can protect the wood from external exposures.
Application of stains and preservatives on wood is highly recommended. Both can be applied to wooden made garden sheds to prevent damage. The damages are usually caused by water exposure, extensive heat, and sudden changes of weather from time to time, termite attacks and other wood attacking insects. Having a colored preservative is also an advantage, if you like your garden sheds to stand out. Red cedar is commonly used as a colored stain. It is also naturally water resistant, which is best in the maintenance of wood.
How to Cite this Page
"Proper Maintenance of Garden Sheds." 123HelpMe.com. 15 Nov 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As the development of aviation industry grows, more and more aircraft crashes occur. There are many reasons that lead to aircraft crashes, but one of them, is because of improper aircraft maintenance. Why is proper aircraft maintenance so important. Proper aircraft maintenance is critical in order to keep the aircraft can function properly, every aircraft part is in good condition and ensure the safety of pilots and passengers. Proper maintenance has many parts. The most common part is inspections, which pilots do them every day; the main part is overhaul and repair of an aircraft; and maintenance documentation is another important part of aircraft maintenance which improper maintenance docu... [tags: aviation industry, aricraft crashes, airplane]
884 words (2.5 pages)
- I am making this maintenance plan for Preston valley, Dallas. Maintenance is defined as the work that is done to keep your building in good working condition. This is done on a regular basis. Most of the maintenance tasks are done by the building’s super, but some of the tasks can be done by officers, maintenance and repairs committee, outside contractors or the tenants themselves. Maintenance policy is a statement of principle used to guide maintenance management decision making. “Having a proactive plan in place to keep buildings well maintained not only enhances the appearance and value of properties, it allows a property manager to address vital maintenance issues, such as expenses, cont... [tags: Maintenance, Preventive maintenance]
1056 words (3 pages)
- All I wanted for my birthday was two brand new plastic storage sheds. One was needed for the yard tools and one for the kids' outdoor toys. I figured it would be safer to store them separately, because I did not really want the children poking around hedge clippers and hatchets just to find a toy. My husband came through and got me the sheds I wanted. I made it a game for the kids to put the toys away: They would open the door and try to throw the toys in from different points in the yard. That works well as long as they remember to shut the door.... [tags: Birthdays, ]
744 words (2.1 pages)
- This report analyzes a need for an inclusive monthly preventive maintenance program at State University’s Alumni House (SUAH). The purpose of this report is to provide Mr. Rob Geis, Alumni House Manager, with the information necessary to begin an inclusive monthly preventive maintenance program and to help process and solve unanticipated problems, while reducing high maintenance costs. The purpose of the preventive maintenance program (PMP) is to reduce structural damages, reduce monthly utility costs, and reduce potential problems, while educating employees about potential hazards, providing employees with a sense of environmental security, and increasing the physical appearance of the SUAH... [tags: Preventive Maintenance Program]
1301 words (3.7 pages)
- Software Maintenance and Change Control in an Organization Abstract The research done for this paper represents an attempt to describe the type and distribution of activities within software maintenance and change control. Software maintenance activities span a system's productive life and consume a major portion of the total life cycle costs of a system. However, what is actually done to systems in maintenance is sometimes a mystery to many organizations. Thus, software maintenance remains an activity that is difficult and expensive to manage.... [tags: Technology Research Software Maintenance]
1266 words (3.6 pages)
- The city’s gardens are an immense oasis with a variety of flowers, trees, and bushes. In the spring and summer, the sun often shines warmly on the garden’s visitors. The guests wander down miles of wide cobblestone paths that lead between the brightly colored plants. The garden has a few very popular and beautiful sections. The individual gardens considered the most spectacular are the tulips courtyard, the rose garden, and the exotic plants hothouse. A visitor is encouraged to plan on spending several hours in the gardens, so that they are able to spend time in all of the most popular smaller gardens.... [tags: Gardening, Garden, Plant, Botany]
751 words (2.1 pages)
- The Garden, a documentary about the South Central urban farm, demonstrates the plight of the disadvantaged; it sheds light on decisions, made by the city of Los Angeles, which did not take into account the struggles and the livelihood of the three hundred farmers who planted crops to feed their families on plots of land in the South Central Farm. The city’s usage of eminent domain and the seizure of the land that leads to the destruction of the South Central Farm—which provided sustenance for more than three hundred local families—is an example of corruption in the government that further creates an hourglass economy.... [tags: Agriculture, South Central Urban Farm]
1719 words (4.9 pages)
- Importance of Money in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil Inherited money is held in much higher esteem than earned money in Savannah, Georgia. This is a theme seen throughout Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, John Berendt's non-fictional account of life in Savannah. Characters such as Jim Williams, who worked for their money and brought themselves up the social ladder, are seen as being beneath those who inherited their money, such as Lee Adler. The old wealth tend to look down on anyone who wasn't born with their money.... [tags: Midnight Garden Good Evil]
862 words (2.5 pages)
- Robert Pirsig's Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry into Values Confronting crises of technological annihilation and personal madness, Robert Pirsig finds each to be a manifestation of a deeper crisis of Reason. In response) he suggests an alternative to our current paradigm of rationality, the "art of motorcycle maintenance." By showing that our understanding and performance derive from our emotional and evaluative commitments, he challenges the cultural commonplace which construes "subjective" states as distortions of "objective" reality.... [tags: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance]
5302 words (15.1 pages)
- An Explication of The Garden of Love My original interpretation of "The Garden of Love" encompassed the speaker as a person who was scared to move on in their life and in love. I thought (he) was afraid of failure, afraid of losing childhood innocence in the wake of adulthood decisions and expectations. I funneled my theory into a neat little package that contained the Chapel as a symbol for marriage (or adult themes), and the Garden to stand for his life, or thoughts. I further belabored my opinion and interpretation.... [tags: Garden of Love Essays]
738 words (2.1 pages)
Finally, seal up your wood for longevity. Application of transparent or semitransparent stain avoids water intrusion, which is a big destructive factor on any kind of wood. Using such can also enhance the wood’s appeal and a transparent finish can also preserve the natural color and texture of wood. But, more than any other reason it should hinder the penetration of water into the wood material. So make certain that, your clear coating has a water proof ingredient on it.
Garden sheds are not only useful but a source of beauty as well, in every home. It is important to keep them preserved to be used for a long time.