Steps 5: Promotion Opportunities
Senior Accountant: Becoming a senior accountant is a promising step in the promotional ladder. Senior accountants have more responsibilities than staff or junior level accountants. Senior accountants are responsible for preparing financial documents, assisting with monthly reconciliations, and assisting with audits.
Accounting Supervisors: The next level up from senior accountants are the accounting supervisors. Accounting supervisors are in charge of the staff and senior accountants. They are also in charge of hiring accountants, creating financial reports, and developing budgets.
Accounting Managers: Accounting managers are the next level up from the accounting supervisors and have a lot of responsibilities. Some responsibilities include: overseeing the accounting supervisors, processing monthly and year end reports, and completing audits.
Partner: Becoming partner at one of the big four accounting firms or even a small local firm is what many accountants aspire to become. Partner is one of the highest positions an accountant can hold within a company because they own a share of the company.
You can use this clean, professional brochure just as it is or easily customize it.
On the next page, we’ve added a few tips (like this one) to help you get started.
(By the way, to replace the logo or a photo with your own, just right-click it and then choose Change Picture.)
Skills Acquired and Needed
There are many skills that one acquires by working in the accounting profession that are both important for current and future employment. Such skills are as followed:
Analytical/Research Skills: Working as an accountant requires strong analytical skills as accountants’ must analyze impo...
... middle of paper ...
...hey also provide connections between accountants at various firms.
One accounting organization that is both reputable and popular is the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). Accountants who are members of the AICPA are offered a multitude of benefits, such as professional guidance and development, a sense of community, a wide array of discounts, as well as access to accounting trade journals.
Another well-known accounting organization is the American Accounting Association (AAA), which has been around for over a hundred years. This organization provides accountants with useful information regarding research and practice. Being a member of AAA gives accountants access to accounting trade journals with valuable information.
[City, ST ZIP Code]
Visit us on the Web:
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Goals 1. My first goal is to continue my education by earning a Master’s degree in Accounting right after completing my bachelor’s degree. The MSU’s Accounting program attracts me for both its reputation and its career opportunities available for international students. It is my responsibility as a future accountant to be really familiar and proficient at the tools accountants use regularly. Achieving my master’s degree will also help me achieving my second goal of becoming a CPA by meeting the requirement of curriculum.... [tags: Certified Public Accountant, Accountant]
1048 words (3 pages)
- All of my life, I have loved numbers. No matter what subject I was studying, I would try to incorporate numbers in school. My mom has told me that I would always know how much change I would be getting back after buying something when I was really young. Now, my mom has me take care of much of the financials in our family and I love doing it. These many things have led me to wanting to become an accountant. The amount of time and effort I put into math and accounting classes shows just how much I love the two subjects.... [tags: Accountant, Certified Public Accountant, Need]
1027 words (2.9 pages)
- The Requirements to be A Successful Accountant Accounting, which has been called the "language of business", includes different types of economic activities like preparing and checking the records that are related to finance. An accountant’s task is to make sure that the records are written accurately and the taxes are paid timely. Furthermore, the job is to examine the accounting books and accounting systems officially to keep them up to date. Nowadays, accounting is known as a popular business-related major.... [tags: Certified Public Accountant]
1609 words (4.6 pages)
- • After my four years of college, I am going to stay an extra twenty hours so that I can sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Exam. During these hours, I will be taking the necessary classes to major in both accounting and finance. By majoring in both of these fields, more job opportunities will become available. Some businesses are looking for a person that can do the job of an accountant and a finance officer. By double majoring, I am potentially increasing my salary in the future. • After I graduate in the fall of 2017, I will begin looking for a job.... [tags: Accountant, Certified Public Accountant]
1735 words (5 pages)
- Nancy Cassidy is an enthusiastic Senior Lecturer of School of Accountancy at Arizona State University. I contacted her and asked her for an interview to discuss what means to be a Certified Public Accountant, but specially in terms of ethics, good business and happiness and how she follows her career path. Our meeting took place in her office. She was very cordial with me, she made me feel very comfortable throughout our interview. What I could say is that she showed me all her professionalism. What most impressed me was that during our conversation she always revealed me that she enjoys doing what she is doing.... [tags: Certified Public Accountant]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- “Behind every good business is a great accountant.” Considered by many to be language of business, accounting in all reality is a vague term. They are many types of accounting each with its own certifications and requirements. They are three main types of accountants first is the public accountant or CPA. This is a person who works for a public accounting firm, whose job is to go and evaluate the status of a company through auditing financial statements. Next, is a cooperate accountant. In cooperate accounting an accountant works inside a major cooperation, for example Ford or Chevy, and evaluates the status of the company through creation and analysis of the financial statements.... [tags: Accountant, Certified Public Accountant]
1932 words (5.5 pages)
- I have taken a lot of time this semester to think about and focus on a career path. After much consideration, I am now planning a path to become a licensed accountant. Certified Public Accountants oversee financial operations and examine and make sure financial records are correct. Many people call accounting the “language of business”, because many of the decisions made by companies are not made without looking at an accountant’s report. This job is appealing to me because it is a job that has a routine, I would get to work with numbers, and it is a respectable job that not everyone can do.... [tags: Certified Public Accountant, Accountant]
1267 words (3.6 pages)
- At a glance, accounting might appear as a repetitive cycle of preparing and examining financial statements. However, a brief exposure to accounting has taught me how chaotic it can be for accountants. An accountant captures and represents the information of businesses. By reviewing financial operations, an accountant helps a business run efficiently. This profession can be intellectually stimulating and rewarding. After learning about accounting, I cannot help but be interested and desire to work toward a degree in accountancy.... [tags: Accountant, Certified Public Accountant]
736 words (2.1 pages)
- First things first, we will address your comments regarding the requirement that accountants hold an ACL before they could provide an accountant’s letter or capacity to repay certificate to Bluestone, then with that out of the way, we will comment on what’s the best foot forward for Bluestone regarding using an accountant’s letter to verify an applicant 's financial situation. CPA Australia’s position The NCCP Act requires those involved in consumers obtaining credit contracts or consumer leases to have a credit licence (or have an authorisation from a credit licensee) and to comply with responsible lending requirements.... [tags: Certified Public Accountant, Accountant, Credit]
878 words (2.5 pages)
- Accountants work in a high stress environment where it is vital to remain detailed, honest, and most importantly organized. Accountants must thrive and be responsible as they play role in their client’s financial future. At a younger age, I developed a quality known as organization; I can now say it is a successful element in my field. An accountant should be a very organized person who is also comfortable working in structured environments. This quality makes me unique because organization sets patterns and routines; it reflects how I portray myself and what kind of work I am capable of doing for myself and for my future employer.... [tags: Management, High school, Accountant, Subroutine]
706 words (2 pages)