Mandy shared with her brother-in-law, Vin, who is a doctoral student in industrial psychology, the difficulties in promoting from within at the high cost of the SSI’s assessment process. Upon listening to her dilemma, Vin recognized that SSI was using an assessment center. He told her research suggests that once the applicant’s personality and cognitive ability have been taken into ...
... middle of paper ...
... train the employees or possibly train both areas. Preferably, send people from those countries that are already in the organization, who know the culture of the people or send employees that at least speak the language (Heneman, Judge, & Kammeyer-Mueller, 2015, p. 524).
Ms. Pamplemousse, in light of the growth pace of the company and the expansion possibilities, should review the current use of the SSI’s assessment process and the reliability and validity of their results. It is key to know the company’s assessment process is successfully serving the needs of Citrus Glen in filling the positions properly. By creating an internal evaluation team to assist her with this project, will broaden the scope of reviewing SSI’s assessment processes and should yield some good solid results and possibly save the company more monies for future growth development.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- For citrus growers in Florida, the future is uncertain. Two bacterial diseases, named citrus canker and citrus greening disease, have devastated countless acres of trees across the state. For an industry that “generates about $8.9 billion a year,” this is no small issue (“Citrus Greening”). The Florida Citrus Grower’s Association would like to import a landrace of orange discovered in China that is resistant to citrus greening disease and test it in Florida to discover its effects on both citrus canker and greening.... [tags: Florida Citrus Industry]
1398 words (4 pages)
- In a Forbes article written by Glen Llopis, The Most Undervalued Leadership Traits of Women, Llopis, highlights his theories and opinions on each undervalued trait. Llopis provides specific details that make women effective leaders. The author predicates his assessment on women and leadership from his personal and professional experiences. Within the article, Llopis identifies six leadership traits that women naturally possess, which are undervalued: • Opportunity-driven: they see the glass half-full.... [tags: literary analysis, glen llopis]
911 words (2.6 pages)
- The Role of Fashion Promotion Within the Fashion Industry In an age where fashion and technology is constantly evolving it is important that we take a step back and take a look at the current happenings in the promotional side of the fashion industry. The fashion show,a key tool to making designers collections accessible to its consumer, will be the main focus of this essay. We shall define fashion promotion before looking at how the catwalk sits under this title. A brief history of the fashion show shall lead us into the present day, where we shall begin the debate of whether some fashion shows need be as extravagant and expensive as they are.... [tags: Fashion Promotion]
1811 words (5.2 pages)
- It is always a debate on whether to give preferences to internal candidates before looking externally to fill positions. Today, many organizations tend to promote employees by internal recruiting and “external recruitment is used to fill the entry –level positions vacated by those being promoted” (Fallon & McConnell, 2007, p.138). In the Civil Services System, Fallon and McConnell (2007) state that vacancies and positions are posted internally before there are attempts to file them outside. However, there are pros and cons of hiring within.... [tags: Business Management ]
852 words (2.4 pages)
- Sales promotions describe a set of tools a company can use to supplement other activities such as advertising and public relations efforts. There are many such tools, including free samples, rebates, loyalty programs, buy-one-get-one, loss leaders, and more. What all of the tools have in common is that they attempt to persuade a customer to make a quicker and/or larger purchase (Tanner & Raymond, 2010, p. 243). This essay will attempt to explain three of the promotional tools that I personally feel are most effective for both the consumer and manufacturer.... [tags: Marketing, Sales promotion, Manufacturing]
700 words (2 pages)
- Sales Promotion Sales promotion is a marketing strategy that companies undertake to boost their product and service sales, as well as to promote a company’s image and brand. The marketing era has replaced the mass production concept, which consisted in producing more of a product to satisfy consumer’s demand. Indeed, in the twenty-first century business world, companies are more focused on developing marketing strategies to sell and differentiate their products from their competitor’s. Sales promotion is the marketing strategy that has proven to be efficient and generate high sales response.... [tags: Marketing, Sales, Sales promotion, Promotion]
906 words (2.6 pages)
- “Soft Skills was a common term in the 1960s and 1970s. Students and teachers considered the term akin to human relations, interpersonal communication and team building, all of which encompass skills that form the foundation for building relationships” (Kamin, 2013). Relationships are vital not only people’s personal lives but also their professional ones. In the professional workplace, teamwork relationship is needed to attain a common goal and achieve success. In order for this teamwork to proceed harmoniously, people must know how to properly apply soft skills in the best way possible.... [tags: advertising, marketing, promotion]
1898 words (5.4 pages)
- Unethical Practices and Discrepancies within Promotions The purpose of this paper is to discuss an ethical dilemma facing the Army today. Unethical dilemmas exist everywhere; all around us, at any given time. Through personal experience and the history of the Army there has been an ethical dilemma of, how unethical practices and discrepancies within the promotion system will lead to a decline in the development of qualified, effective leaders. I see the cause for this falling into two categories of, either soldier compromises or leader compromises.... [tags: Sergeant, Non-commissioned officer]
978 words (2.8 pages)
- The definition of a despicable character is someone who is so worthless or obnoxious as to rouse moral indignation. This definitely fits the description of some of the characters in the play Glengarry Glen Ross, by David Mamet. Glengarry Glen Ross is a play about real estate salesmen who are basically conmen that always just work toward getting the deal closed, whether or not the customer is happy with the deal. They fit the stereotype of car salesmen, always trying to get the deal closed with the customer walking away feeling that they paid way too much.... [tags: Glengarry Glen Ross]
390 words (1.1 pages)
- The Role of Fashion Promotion Within the Fashion Industry I am going to write about what the role of fashion promotion is within the fashion industry and discuss how it might develop in the next five years. To do this I shall review what fashion promotion is by defining it and finding out how, when and where it started. To understand what fashion promotion really is in a contemporary context I shall broadly look at how it is used and what many forms it has taken since the beginning up until the present day.... [tags: Fashion Industry Style ]
1758 words (5 pages)