Macys has become one of the greatest retail stores in the United States. Since they first opened their doors to customers in 1858 Macy’s stores have always been grand and innovative. They have changed their stores quite remarkably since it’s beginning. Macy’s elegant charm has brought in customers and help turn this retail store into a huge company. Currently Macys has 850 department stores in 45 states. Most Macy’s stores are quite grand and have two to three levels in which they market to youth, women, men. Macys selling strategy also has grown to have great experience in pulling in customers. From sales to advertising Macys is a big fashion competitor.
Macy’s stores tend to have glass doors in order to showcase their products and bring customers into their establishments. The Macys we went to in the Northridge was divided and sectioned off to two different parts of the mall. In the store sectioned of for the women. As soon as you enter Macys, their principal floor usually starts off with the counters with makeup and fragrances. Usual shoppers start from the right side of the store and scope items until they have made a full circle around the first floor. While shoppers walk around customers are attracted to the symmetry of the rows of clothing. If the items in the front are folded and coordinated then customers are more likely to buy. Usual the beginning stands, display new clothing to excite their customers of the new trends they should check out. Tables are placed in the front so customers can easily access the clothing they are looking for. They give some examples of what they could find behind the stands also. For example, if the clothing on the tables has neatly folded sweaters, then the cloth...
... middle of paper ...
... calmly. The ones at a disadvantage are the younger crowds from infants to pre-teens since there is not much space or items for them. Since Macys is somewhat formal, kids space does not match that theme. The spaces for children 's clothing are usually on the last floor and there is not much a variety. The overall message the store is making with its space is that it’s open to everyone in the public. With their displays and marketing Macys space shows the history that it’s seen. Even though some Macys have been around for many years, they are still capable competitors against upcoming fashionable stores. This is quite important because Macys to show why people are attracted to Macys and how this department store has to reinvent their clothing line for the new generation. By upgrading their store layout, styles and clothing Macys has been able become a huge company.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Senior Project Rough Draft There is a newly wedded couple who has decided it is time for them to move out their small apartment and buy their own home. They go house hunting, and after seeing two homes they find this house that they feel is the home of their dreams yet it lacks some of the extra luxury things they feel is needed. They decide to purchase the house. They move in two months later and go straight to work. They knock out walls, change the flooring, add a pool, new appliances, remodel the bathroom, new central air and heat system, everything to fit their desired needs.... [tags: DNA, Gene, Chromosome, Cell]
1633 words (4.7 pages)
- Briton exiting the European Union rough draft Its half passed to five in the mooring September the fifteenth and people are anxiously waiting for Nigel Farage. Around six a black jeep slowly polled in front of the BBC TV station on Westminster. The driver of the car walked out forms his seat and took few steps towards the left side of the passages door. As soon at the driver swung open the passage door, Nigel Farage a middle aged man with gray Hair and a bank clerk suit walked out from the car and proceeded to the BBC building reception area.... [tags: European Union, Europe, United Kingdom]
1784 words (5.1 pages)
- Portfolio Milestone: Rough Draft In the fast-paced, global economy that is so prevalent today, organizations will always need managers, for they are the proverbial squeaky wheel keeping their company functional. Thompson (2015) described management as a necessary function in any business; however, when people are the focus, leadership exercises the most influence on the success of an organization. The value of a true leader is most apparent when the inevitable conflicts and misunderstandings arise in today’s diverse healthcare workplaces.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Fiedler contingency model]
1178 words (3.4 pages)
- Danny Tran English 114-36 Emma Rogers 27th September 2015 Assignment 2: Freire (Rough Draft) In today’s educational classrooms, there are many different ways a teacher and their students communicate and connect in the learning environment. The way the students and teachers interact with one another plays a big role in how a student is demonstrating their apprehension as well as what they are learning. In Pedagogy of the Oppressed, Paulo Freire discusses different methods of teaching and learning between the student and teacher, such as the “banking” concept of education and the problem-posing model.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Classroom, Certified teacher]
1342 words (3.8 pages)
- The Next Step: Rough Draft The European Union has been under pressure lately; critics see the current crises that the EU is facing as prove that it is almost impossible to sustain a common policy among EU members. The recent Paris bombings were another black page added to the book, killing more than 120 people it was one of the worst terroristic attacks since the Second World War, and many European leaders stress the importance of a unified stand as the European Union. Especially since rumors are going around that one of the terrorists was an immigrant coming in through the Greek border, it is more important than everything that there will be a unified Europe that comes up with a solution fo... [tags: European Union, Europe]
1145 words (3.3 pages)
- Barbados - Rough Draft Barbados is a amazing place. British colonialism left the country to fight for it 's rights and freedom. Although the British were responsible for many of the evils that happened on the island, it did lead to the great island we have today. They are definitely better off than when they started. Before the british arrived and put many slaves on the island there were already people living in Barbados. The first indigenous people were American indians who arrived here from Venezuela.... [tags: Slavery, British Empire, Caribbean]
1414 words (4 pages)
- Alexandria Wallace Professor Yard ENG102 26 February 2015 Taking a Position Rough Draft Being Against Online Education The world is changing. While change is far from a new phenomenon, as it is said: the only things you can count on are change and death, the rate at which things change is far more rapid than it has ever been. The key factor in the world’s change is primarily technology. More specifically the amount in which we depend on said technology and in turn, how quickly programs, concepts and hardware are reinvented.... [tags: Education, History of education]
1092 words (3.1 pages)
- Splitting the Second Rough Draft When I was born, the song Proud Mary, by Creedence Revival Clearwater was playing on the radio and the doctors were throwing their medical instruments in the air. It was a joyous occasion for my mother, a nurse who worked in that hospital, and my sperm-donor father, a surgeon in the neighboring hospital. Darryl Werner was the man who drunkenly agreed to send me into the world to my mom- a recently divorced friend of his, whose only dream in the world was to have a baby.... [tags: Mother, Father, Mother insult, The dozens]
862 words (2.5 pages)
- Maxed Out Rough Draft The United States lending industry’s main focus has become accentuating profits; therefore, they have made it impossible to live without a credit card in today’s economy and to avoid being taken advantage of by the banks. James Scurlock, director and producer of the film, “Maxed Out”, devotes his movie to informing the audience of the credit card system and its many flaws and gives examples of people who are majorly affected by the pressure the lenders apply. Throughout the movie, numerous statistics, and expert testimonies are presented, as well as comparisons and appeals to emotion.... [tags: Film Analysis]
1069 words (3.1 pages)
- Meghan's rough draft For the past fifty years or so, Americans have had the great fortune of living safely in a relatively peaceful world. That perspective changed the moment a commercial airplane slammed into the World Trade Center on the morning of September 11th. Terrorists killed over 6,000 American citizens within a few hours. Suddenly, life as America knew it changed. Many stood in disbelief when they saw the joyous reactions of people cheering on the streets of Palestine. Our nation came to realize that we were truly hated, and that terrorist regimes rejoiced in our pain.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1598 words (4.6 pages)