The key idea of this study/report is to analyse and understand the very important term “QUALITY” in Project Management which is done by going through various theories, group discussions, questionnaires, pilot surveys, and interviews with various project practitioners, verifying the ideas and the questionnaires with the key experienced people of the several industries. The basic idea behind the whole study and analysis is to understand the different dimensions of Project Quality Management like Project Quality Planning, Quality HR Management, Quality design, Quality Assurance, Quality monitoring and control, Quality reporting, Strategies for Quality improvement. The report is built by interviewing two Project Managers of an IT MNC “Cognizant Technology Solutions” which forms the basis to major report to be carried out in future.
“GROUP DISCUSSIONS” for Questionnaire Selection
The main objective of the study is to conduct an interview with a “Quality Specialist” who would be having a good experience in Quality Assurance and Project Management. The main is that every individual in the group will target a specific and different industry so as to get a very wide knowledge about how different industries consider “Quality” while delivering their products or services to their clients and how do they manage or track it. Everybody started choosing the industries with their area of interests and also on the grounds of their contacts or network in different industries so that they can generate maximum and relevant data for their knowledge and also for the report. I chose IT industry because my younger brother belongs to the same industry and is also having a good experience with the processes being followed within the industry. A...
... middle of paper ...
...ic questions to be asked to each manager.
After completing with the questionnaire, I decided to go on a pilot survey. I asked the same set of questions to different people who were not at all a part of the whole process so as to make sure that the questionnaire is not confusing, boring or irrelevant. After the pilot survey I made the required corrections and thereafter I shared the updated questionnaire with my younger brother to verify that I am not making any mistakes.
I made the required corrections with my brother’s feedback and came up with my final version of the questionnaire.
INTERVIEW with the Practitioners
I interviewed both the practitioners on video conferencing applications at a given time which will be covered in the major report. I gathered very important and relevant data from both the interviewee’s which will definitely be helpful in my major report.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- What is quality management. Quality management is an important aspect of project management. The importance of quality management within project management is essential for project and organizational success so much so, that Kloppenborg & Petrick (2002) converge the two practices into the concept of project quality management. Without implementing quality management practices, organizations would not flourish in today’s global economy of increasing consumer demand for high quality products. Quality management therefore leveraged with project management processes ensures that deliverables of projects will meet a preferred level of quality based on a defined set of requirements (Wallace, 2016)... [tags: Management, Project management, Quality assurance]
1098 words (3.1 pages)
- The Quality Management Plan for Starbuck’s Enhanced Digital Experience Project will establish activities, processes, and procedures for determining quality policies, objectives, and responsibilities to ensure the quality of the project. The purpose of this Quality Management Plan is to document the necessary information require to effectively manage project quality from project planning to delivery. It defines the project’s quality policies, procedures, criteria for and areas of application, and roles, responsibilities and authorities.... [tags: Project management, Management, Quality management]
1929 words (5.5 pages)
- INTRODUCTION The key idea of this study/report is to analyse and understand the very important term “QUALITY” in Project Management which is done by going through various theories, group discussions, questionnaires, pilot surveys, and interviews with various project practitioners, verifying the ideas and the questionnaires with the key experienced people of the several industries. The basic idea behind the whole study and analysis is to understand the different dimensions of Project Quality Management like Project Quality Planning, Quality HR Management, Quality design, Quality Assurance, Quality monitoring and control, Quality reporting, Strategies for Quality improvement.... [tags: Quality assurance, Management, Knowledge]
1135 words (3.2 pages)
- Quality Control in Project Management “The Pertinent Question is NOT how to do things right — but how to find the right things to do, and to concentrate resources and efforts on them.” –Peter Drucker A key process in the delivery of a quality project is that of quality control. Quality control is the process of ensuring that the project deliverables meet the defined project standards by measuring, evaluating and correcting project outputs. The quality control process includes measuring, evaluating, correcting and report of project errors.... [tags: Quality Challenges, Projects]
1093 words (3.1 pages)
- Customer Satisfaction: Customer satisfaction is a key measure of a project 's quality. It 's important to keep in mind that project quality management is concerned with both the product of the project and the management of the project. If the customer doesn 't feel the product produced by the project meets their needs or if the way the project was run didn 't meet their expectations, then the customer is very likely to consider the project quality as poor, regardless of what the project manager or team thinks.... [tags: Quality assurance, Management, Quality control]
736 words (2.1 pages)
- Time, cost and quality constraints relating to project management are interdependable and mutually exclusive. Hence a company should have a well-planned project scheduling to enjoy the fruits of time and cost related benefits. Scheduling hones the productivity and performance of an organization through customized management . For example, consider a poorly planned schedule. In this kind of a project, employees don’t work seriously until the deadline for the project is near. Once the deadline is nearby, they tend to hurry up tasks which will have adverse effects on the quality of the project.... [tags: Management, Project management]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- MANAGEMENT’S RESPONSIBILITIES Quality is not only the obligation of one individual or one division in the association as it once might have been. Today, everybody from the CEO to the generation laborer or administration supplier is specifically in charge of value. Directors assume a key part in the accomplishment of any quality activity. They serve the basic correspondences join in the middle of administration and the worker. They should comprehend both the difficulties of the laborers and desires of top administration.... [tags: Management, Project management, Quality control]
1596 words (4.6 pages)
- McBride Financial Services Project Management Student’s Name: Institution’s Name: Introduction Establishing and staffing eight new offices of McBride Financial Services is a significant project that will require proper planning and management. Given that the offices to be established are virtual, advanced technological tools will be required to ensure successful running of the offices while maintaining smooth communication. For every project to be successful there must be strong leadership, appropriate planning using management tools and processes as well as techniques for projects implementation (Pritchard, 2004).... [tags: Project management, Management, Quality assurance]
858 words (2.5 pages)
- Agile Project management is one of the industries dominating methodology for project management in IT. It is an incremental and iterative way to manage the build and design activities for constructing an IT product, services, and project development in manner which is highly interactive and flexible. In this methodology, scope is defined in granularity that is appropriate with time horizon and checked with the agreement on each feature with the customer. In this methodology work steps are divided with feature breakdown structures.... [tags: agile methodology, it projects, quality]
1549 words (4.4 pages)
- All procurement management under the Spaghetti bridge project will be overviewed and managed by Shaun the Project Coordinator. The Project Co-ordinator is authorized to approve all procurement actions up to $22,000. Any procurement actions exceeding this amount must be approved by the Project Sponsor Khalid. While this project requires minimal procurement, in the event procurement is required, the Project Co-ordinator will work with the project team to identify all items or services to be procured for the successful completion of the project.... [tags: Project management, Management, Quality control]
780 words (2.2 pages)