- The team implementing the new system were required to do both functional and systematic requirements thus affecting the implementation of the new system
- The staff were not well trained in the new system
- The user requirements were not taken into consideration thus affecting the purchasing orders, poor management of inventory, the manufacturing and finance department were not integrated. This also required a lot of recoding thus costing AMP Canada further investment
- The database was not central whether it was customer orders or local suppliers
This has led AMP Canada to implement SAP with Optimum within 1 year thus requiring the PMP to include plans for the following areas: Communication, Procurement, Staff, Quality and Risk.
Project Scope Management Plan
According to Khan (2006), managing the scope of a project is the most important function of a project manager. The project may be in any sphere of industrial or non-industrial activity, manufacturing or service environment, private or public enterprise, government or non-government undertaking. Effective scope management of a project also ensures the successful management of other key project management areas, including time, cost, and quality.
Effective management of scope has a positive effect on other project management areas too. These can include procurement management, contracts management, risk management, and human resource management (Khan, 2006).
The project scope for AMP Canada will consist of the following:
• Replacement of the existing tra...
... middle of paper ...
...ing to find a vendor who could meet these criteria.
As discussed, this project and its requirements highlight areas where future work/improvements can be made to increase the project and the outcome. The timeframe put on this project is something which can be changed to deliver a full implementation rather than “vanilla functionality” which would later need to be modified. Another factor to consider delivering a full implementation would be the capital investment which is used for this project as this needs to be topped up.
The above project plans are merely aimed at providing a Band-Aid to AMP, as it is crucial that they invest in a full implementation of SAP to keep up to date with the rest of the global companies and leverage the functionality which SAP provides this will be considered as a full project and a more detailed PMP will be required for any future work.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In the business case, the project team assured that the current business environment, shortfalls in the service and finally the desired end state from business perspective are accurate. This helped us to define the performance indicators for the new project that served us in the functional verification of the project during the implementation phase. These details were captured into the Project Management Plan (PMP) to execute, monitor and control the project. To deliver the project successfully on budget and on time, my team used Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tool to control project data and process, defining and tracking program deliverables and resource management against the budget.... [tags: Project management, Management, Risk]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- Portfolio Outline - LAMSS Company Project Management Plan I. Introduction This document provides the Logistics and Mobility Services Support (LAMSS) Company’s project management strategy to address the ABC Cargo Shipping and Receiving Company’s operational requirements. The purpose of this LAMSS’s project management plan (PMP) is to outline ABC’s operational need or problem, and to define the project’s scope, concept of operations, technical approach, management activities, potential risks, stakeholders’ roles and responsibilities, scheduling, and reporting (CSU-Global, 2016).... [tags: Project management, Management, Logistics]
865 words (2.5 pages)
- S- Finish my master’s degree in management and leadership, with an added certification in project management. My current degree path has an intended graduation date of December 2017, with the Project Management certification completion date expected by December 2018. I will then study for 3-6 months to pass the Project Management Professional (PMP) exam to take by June 2019. M- I plan to finish my master’s degree in Management and Leadership and follow my course curriculum and stay on course for graduation.... [tags: Project management, Management, Leadership, Goal]
714 words (2 pages)
- PMP - A new deal breaker. Sajna Rasheeda Beevi Department of Computer Science, Towson University Towson, Maryland, USA email@example.com Overview There are a lot of project managers who are good at people management, some are good at risk management, even oth-ers good at budget and time manage-ment. But PMP certified project manag-ers acquire efficiency in all almost all as-pects of project management and all stages of development. PMP offered by PMI institute helps man-agers and leaders run and manage pro-grams efficiently.... [tags: Project management, Management]
1777 words (5.1 pages)
- Large and small businesses, governments, and schools strive to build the next new gadget, manage resources more efficiently, and teach or train in more creative ways. If they set out blindly on a task without proper oversight and thought about the process, then surely the result would be a dismal failure. Project management enables these entities, and various others, to carefully consider the many variables before, during, and after the project actually takes place. Project management refers to the careful planning, organization, and management through a single one-time activity.... [tags: Project management, Management]
986 words (2.8 pages)
- With the continued pressure to right size our business unit, declining call volumes and corporate directives that call into question the viability of the Technology department, it is critical to make adjustments in the Planning and Project Management group so that we can be more effective next year. These changes will impact the way the department initiates, plans, and executes projects to ensure that only those with the highest priority items have out attention. There will be a number benefits to this approach, including improved cross training, more efficient use of resources and greater focus on the working those projects that will truly benefit the business.... [tags: Project management, Management, Construction]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- Over the past four years in my career I have been a member of a rotational technical development program in which I have been offered accelerated learning experiences in manufacturing, including tactical engineering, project management and supervision. Throughout these experiences I have worked at 3 different manufacturing plants across the U.S. I have learned the strengths and opportunities at each facility and learned a great deal about myself as a leader and about the career path I want to follow.... [tags: Project management, Management, Learning]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- Do we need certification in project management. How many certifications are there and which one is the best among them. Is it worth the time and effort. Why is it worth or why not. Answers to these questions are the main focus of this paper. The requirement for project management is real and companies acknowledge it. Many new projects are underway in various organizations. It can be a new product that a company wants to release into the market before the competitors or technical expertise outsourced to another company.... [tags: Project management]
1057 words (3 pages)
- Throughout the world businesses, governments, schools, and so on strive to build the next new gadget, manage resources more efficiently, and teach or train in more creative ways. If they set out blindly on a task without proper oversight and thought about the process, then most assuredly the end result would be a dismal failure. Project management enables these entities, and various others, to carefully consider the many variables before, during, and after the project actually takes place. Project management refers to the careful planning, organization, and management through a single one-time activity.... [tags: Project management, Management]
875 words (2.5 pages)
- Discussion The key to the relationship between project managers and stake holders, is ensuring that the project managers have an understanding that stakeholders are key to any project, mission, and organization and have an understanding of how to appropriately involve manage stakeholders to be successful. Therefore, project managers should tailor formal processes to support the various projects they manage. Stakeholder During the entire process, it is key that the project manager fully understands that it is responsible for documenting all of the relevant information for stakeholders, as it relates to their impact on the project.... [tags: Project management, Management, Stakeholder, Plan]
1283 words (3.7 pages)
- The Fundamental Principles Of Ethics Within Medical Research
- Comparing Sophists And Socrates ' Views
- The Body 's Complexity, Discipline And Harmony
- The Relationship Between Indentured Servants And The Slaves During Colonial Chesapeake Region
- Fahrenheit 451 By Ray Bradbury
- Is The Hpv Vaccine Safe For Women And Girls?