The project development team (PDT) develops a communication plan based on the below requirements.
Information required by the members of the project
Reason for the required information
Deliverer of the information
Source of delivery of the information
The PDT develops two features for the project communication planning process:
a. WBS product list — a list of prospective project products, the elements of the WBS, and the sub-products of the WBS.
b. Project charter — the archive of the agreement between the sponsor and the project manager on the vital elements of the project. The project charter enlists the manager, sponsor and the team of project development.
Project stakeholders have requirements for information and communication. Recognizing the information requirements of the stakeholders and describing an appropriate way of gathering those requirements are significant features fo...
... middle of paper ...
...mance recognition factor at the achievement of each project component.
• Communication matrix- track project performance by project component and WBS element. It comprises of WBS codes, WBS titles, sub-products, and Uniform Filing System location numbers. It also includes the location where sub-products are filed in the Project History File (PHF). A finished communication matrix consists of information about producer, receiver, transmittal method and submitted date. The below project components are taken up by each team member to draft the project communication plan.
• Project Initiation Document (PID)
• Permits and Environmental Studies
• Plans, Specifications, and Estimates (PS&E)
• Right of Way
A communication plan assists operative and well-organized communications with the several members of the project having a major contribution in the project.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The purpose of this Project Management Plan (PMP) is to define the approach to be taken by the AMP Canada case study implementing SAP in 1 year time with the vendor – SAP business partner. The issues identified were: - The team implementing the new system were required to do both functional and systematic requirements thus affecting the implementation of the new system - The staff were not well trained in the new system - The user requirements were not taken into consideration thus affecting the purchasing orders, poor management of inventory, the manufacturing and finance department were not integrated.... [tags: Project management, Management, Project, Team]
2642 words (7.5 pages)
- In the business case, the project team assured that the current business environment, shortfalls in the service and finally the desired end state from business perspective are accurate. This helped us to define the performance indicators for the new project that served us in the functional verification of the project during the implementation phase. These details were captured into the Project Management Plan (PMP) to execute, monitor and control the project. To deliver the project successfully on budget and on time, my team used Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tool to control project data and process, defining and tracking program deliverables and resource management against the budget.... [tags: Project management, Management, Risk]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- One of the lessons I have carried from this course as a project manager is that project management success in an organization is highly dependent on an effective organizational communication style, especially in the face of globalization of the project management profession. Organizational communications capabilities have great influence on how projects are conducted. As as a consequence, project managers in distant locations are able to more effectively communicate with relevant stakeholders within the organizational structure to facilitate decision making.... [tags: Project management, Management, Procurement]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- Picture a person who that is juggling doing several things at once; they are balancing a stick in one hand and another stick on their nose. Each stick has a plate on the top that they want to keep spinning without losing balance or dropping either. There is a lot going on in those actions including the exact timing of when to reach up and spin a plate, constant body movement to keep the sticks balanced as not to fall, and a continued push from the free hand to keep both plates spinning. This paradigm could be used to describe integration knowledge area of project management.... [tags: Project management, Management, Planning]
846 words (2.4 pages)
- ... Project Must be complete within the giving budget. Project must be within the scope. Project must be according to the standard of the customer quality or as per customer demand. Phases of project Life cycle There are four types of phases in the project Life cycle all are mentioned bellow: 1. Initiation Phase 2. Planning Phase 3. Execution Phase 4. Closure Phase Initiation Phase: It describes the initial phase of your current project. In this phase you define scope of the project and the purpose of the project.... [tags: project management triangle, planning]
953 words (2.7 pages)
- Plan Stakeholder Management The input elements of plan stakeholder management consist of a project management plan, stakeholder registry, enterprise environmental factors, and organizational process assets. The tools and techniques comprises of expert judgement, meeting and analytical techniques. Lastly, the outputs are stakeholders’ management plan and project documents (PMBOK, 2013, p. 399) (see figure 2). Note: Reprinted from " Project Management Institute”, A guide to the project management body of knowledge, Copyright 2013 by Project Management Institute, Inc.... [tags: Project management, Management, Planning]
753 words (2.2 pages)
- McBride Financial Services Project Management Student’s Name: Institution’s Name: Introduction Establishing and staffing eight new offices of McBride Financial Services is a significant project that will require proper planning and management. Given that the offices to be established are virtual, advanced technological tools will be required to ensure successful running of the offices while maintaining smooth communication. For every project to be successful there must be strong leadership, appropriate planning using management tools and processes as well as techniques for projects implementation (Pritchard, 2004).... [tags: Project management, Management, Quality assurance]
858 words (2.5 pages)
- Hi, What are some good strategies for software project implementation. ' 'Project Managers ' ' who manage new implementations use project plans to document the project’s tasks, the responsibility for each task and associated target dates and task dependencies on each other. Project Managers use this document to gain awareness of what tasks need to be accomplished and the status of the project at any given time. They are often responsible for the overall implementation and providing project status communication to stakeholders and team members.... [tags: Project management, Project plan, Management]
702 words (2 pages)
- This report has been prepared to analyse stakeholder communication, Project Management Information Systems (PMIS), the project life cycle, project integration management, project monitoring and change control and the project closure process. This may help the reader to understand and apply these examples to similar project environments. The report will identify and discuss processes and examples of project management techniques. The content provides diagrams and tables prepared from tools in the project management field.... [tags: Project management, Management]
709 words (2 pages)
- Program Management Plan Program management is the consistent management of a set of interrelated projects designed to accomplish a single outcome. Through Apple’s innovative enterprise approach, we seek to generate personal computing products which have higher quality at lower unit costs than the previously available one. In order to manage projects effectively in the program, • Apple aims to minimize the uncertainty in the innovative process while making sure the abilities and incentives of executives who exercise strategic control over the projects.... [tags: Project management, Management, Planning]
735 words (2.1 pages)