To deliver the project successfully on budget and on time, my team used Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tool to control project data and process, defining and tracking program deliverables and resource management against the budget. The PLM tool also increased my visibility and control over project constraints/ risks like resource, schedule, budget, timeframe etc., by assessing the gap between the demand and capacity. The information affecting the PMP and deliverables were shared with project, finance and executive board member effectively to seek their input.
In my day to day project activities, I always showed strong compliance against my organisational risk management process to identify, evaluate and manage/control constraints/risks on project deliverables to deliver project on budget and time. Project constraints that can impact on schedule, budget, time, scope were defined against project objectives to define responsibilities in managing the constraints/risks and further report on their likelihood and consequence in the risk log that was a subset to the PMP. This helped our team to apply practical mitigation strategies and to support smooth project delivery.
To achieve project objectives in a timely and efficient manner, I exhibited good soft (people, relations...
... middle of paper ...
... problem cause impacting the PMP due to the change. With a clear purpose the project team assembled for a problem solving meeting to solve the problem with a right solution by systematically analysing the cause-effect relation. Team activities involved brainstorming and mind mapping techniques that explored all options and alternatives. The best options were chosen after a trade-off analysis of the potential options in addressing the chosen critical criteria for the best practical problem resolution. The decision making process does take into account of the impact on scope, schedule and cost. An action plan is put forward to implement the solution. Verification is done to assure the gap in the stakeholder requirement is addressed and does not create any new additional problems or issues. The PMP was updated with new objectives to reflect the change. Finally, to build
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Ability to learn business change management within an ICT project environment. When working on a project it is extremely beneficial to follow a structured project management process, to ensure the highest quality outcomes are achieved. This process begins by deciding the desired outcome of the project and identifying the required resources. At this stage it’s important to have a initiation meeting with key stakeholders to explain the premise of the project and the overall goals. The second stage involved planning how the project will operate and will create guiding documents such as the project plan, timelines and stakeholder lists.... [tags: Project management, Management]
1038 words (3 pages)
- Many students do not understand or realize how important project management would be helpful to them and their careers. It is for this reason that many students do not study project management. The absence of the knowledge on how imperative venture administration is making a lot of understudies needs all the benefits and the advantages that come with project management. Project management plays a prominent role in almost each and every careers study and partially all organizations, (Weske, 366).... [tags: Management, Project management, Business school]
855 words (2.4 pages)
- Yuriy Grinchuk Your project has been chosen, and you have been selected as the Project Manager. Your employment now is to successfully deal with the project to fruition. For your project to be effective, you have to comprehend what precisely constitutes a project, and which criteria are used to figure out if a project is fruitful or not. I’ll tell you why should you use project management. Today 's much focused business environment strengths companies to make superb items at a lower expense and in a shorter span.... [tags: Project management, Management, Deliverable]
1063 words (3 pages)
- Project management is a term coined to describe the process of developing, organizing, motivating, and allocating resources in order to achieve specific goals. Using this method, each project that an organization gears undergoes a life cycle that is managed by a team of people and their head supervisor. Schemes under project management require intricate planning via its leaders and sponsors, hard work from its staff, and strong leadership from the project manager, but the benefits derived from project management are tremendous.... [tags: project management, business world, goals]
1705 words (4.9 pages)
- Background Project management is a methodical approach to planning and guiding project processes from beginning to end. It is a strategy used by administrations, allowing them to determine project outcomes to business objectives and to better challenge the business environment. In other words, project management is the analyzing, evaluating, designing and development of an idea. (Rouse, 2008) Virtual teams consist of individuals from different time zones, cultures or ethnicities and languages, which are combined to achieve an objective.... [tags: Management, Project management, Team]
1358 words (3.9 pages)
- Conclusions and Recommendations Main conclusions and recommendations associated with the propagation of this three-day project management training programme during 2017 for SkillPower’s approval and implementation are summarised in the following table, although it is appreciated that these need to be reviewed and revised as reality unfolds during 2017. In recognition of SkillPower’s limited resources, recommendations have been assigned an implementation priority of A for essential, B for important, and C for desirable.... [tags: Management, Project management, Marketing, Need]
769 words (2.2 pages)
- Project management is an industry that is growing, and the demand for individuals that have this type of knowledge is high. I encounter business individuals on a daily basis and they always tell me that having project management knowledge or having a certification for it, will help me in the work force. I ‘m glad I took this class, because the material is helpful, and when we graduate, we will be ready to enter the work force. I have learned the ten knowledge areas, and five process groups, all which are essential for the project manager.... [tags: Project management, Management, Project manager]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- Project Management When planning a new project, how the project will be managed is one of the most important factors. The importance of a managers will determine the success of the project. The success of the project will be determined by how well it is managed. Project management is referred to as the discipline that entails the processes of carefully planning, organizing, controlling, and motivating the organization resources so as to foster and facilitate the achievement of specific established and desired goals and meet the specific criteria of success required in the organization (Larson, 2014).... [tags: Project management, Management, Planning]
781 words (2.2 pages)
- Chapter 1: Project Management Overview Popularity of PM Interest in Project Management is ever increasing. The recent upswing is related to the brave new world that we live in. The world is changing at an increasing rate. New industries seem to appear almost overnight – social media is changing everything. Combine all of that with the economic swings, projects cannot be managed like we did in the past. Regardless of major or area of study, all disciplines work on projects and thus the individuals in those areas of study should understand and be able to apply the concepts.... [tags: Project management, Management, Project]
1324 words (3.8 pages)
- Business, Management, and Leadership Antioch University Midwest’s approach to your education is personalized and transformative. Classes are small and collaborative; and our accomplished faculty will engage you on an individual level that demonstrates how we value the personal experience you bring to the classroom. With our evening and weekend classes, you can set your own pace and design a schedule that fits your specific needs Our Business, Management, and Leadership programs develop principled business professionals who are prepared to lead.... [tags: Management, Project management, Bachelor's degree]
922 words (2.6 pages)
- Rhetorical Analysis Of John Edwards 's ' Sinners And The Hands Of An Angry God '
- Biography Of Paul Valery 's Saying, The Best Way You Make Your Dreams Come True
- Cognitive Abilities That Affect Our Brains Function
- Open My Mind : My Life
- Living With A Teacher With My Mother
- The Judicial Branch Of The United States