1.1 Plant Description
West County Energy Center is located west of Seminole Pratt Whitney Road and north of SR 80 in Loxahatchee FL. The plant consists of three (3 - on - 1) generating units – approximately 1,250 megawatts each. The Combustion Turbines are Mitsubishi 501G1’s (~250 Megawatts each), Steam Turbines are Toshiba (~500 Megawatts each). HRSG’s are Nooter.
Plant Address (Jobsite): 20505 State Road 80 (Southern Boulevard) Loxahatchee FL 33470.
1.2 General Specifications
The scope of this project is to deliver a solution to upgrade the existing control systems HMI ( Human machine Interface) defined as the Diasys Netmation operation terminal at Florida Power & Light Company’s (FPL) West County Block no.3, scheduled for fall of 2017 mayor outage. The upgrade will be from the existing HMI base on window XP solution to the current Microsoft Windows 7 based solution.
The scope also comprises the appropriate supply of hardware and software, all network switches, cabling, and power distribution required in order to install the Cyber Security Center. The Security Center shall be connected to the control system root switches and will include a 8.5TB (final capacity) RAID array for archiving, event collection and storage of backups of the DCS.
This Scope of Work and the referenced specifications apply in their entirety Unit 3 of West County energy center (PWC). The Supplier shall provide a proposal for the HMI control upgrades of PWC Unit 3 and inclusive of all project management, engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, tuning, testing, travel and related expenses at a firm fixed price on a per Unit basis. Any and all exceptions taken to this scope of work or technical specific...
... middle of paper ...
...d equipment as necessary to demonstrate functionality of data links. Supplier shall provide the necessary equipment in support of the integrated FAT. FPL shall provide equipment and personnel to simulate the portion of the link that is not supplied by Emerson.
2.4 Consoles, Servers, Workstations and Peripherals
2.4.1 Upgrade the operating system from Windows XP to Windows 7 for the following computers:
126.96.36.199 Operator Station – OPS – Human Machine Interface for plant monitoring.
188.8.131.52 Engineering & Maintenance Station – EMS – Maintenance of Netmation Data Base.
184.108.40.206 Accessory Station – ACS – Data Logging System
220.127.116.11 Data Management PC – DMPC – Security for computer viruses.
18.104.22.168 OPC Server – Interface between DCS, Netmation and CPFA.
22.214.171.124 Combustion Pressure Fluctuation Monitoring PC – CPFA
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction. Health care organizations are turning towards diverse outlets of marketing in order to remain competent. With the advancement of technology, branding and online marketing have become synonymous within the business realm. Consumers are finding themselves behind computers, surfing the web and stumbling upon advertisements and a plethora of web-based information. Health care organizations continue to challenge themselves in the field of marketing by highlighting their online branding strategies.... [tags: Health care, Medicine, Marketing, Health]
785 words (2.2 pages)
- On Thursday, Nov. 10, state and local leaders met at 1990 Dracker Drive with executives from NextEra Energy Resources and its partners, to commission the Blythe and McCoy Solar Energy Center. Held under a canopy white tent, guests were served lite hors ' d 'oeuvres and glued to their seats, as songs of thanks to Mother Earth were sung by the Mohave and Chemehuevi songbirds. As a Chemehuevi descent, Colorado River Indian Tribe (CRIT) secretary, Amanda Barrera shared how the day was both a joy and a sad occasion for those she represents.... [tags: Wind power, Fossil fuel, Photovoltaics]
734 words (2.1 pages)
- earlier. The other officer stayed behind to wait for someone to come to pick up Mr. Jenkins vehicle, which would be impounded. Prior to arresting Mr. Jenkins, Officer Onge started two separate reports on both situations. One for the damage to Mr. Jenkins vehicle, and another for the arrest against Mr. Jenkins. Officer Onge explained to me that in a normal situation, he would have contacted transport to come pick up Mr. Jenkins, but on that particular day, there were no transport officers available, so he needed to make the transport himself.... [tags: Police, Police officer, Constable, Cobb County]
2130 words (6.1 pages)
- Project Plan Outline & Requirements The Young Adult Drug Counseling Center (YADCC) is a clinically managed male only drug & alcohol counselling center. YADCC will provide counselling for males ages 18 to 24 and will provide life training for a better path without abuse. YADCC will help males that are out of high school and not currently attending school find a full time job in a career that suits them best and enables them to succeed. YADCC will provide the same counselling for clients that are still in school but will help them find a part time job versus a full time job.... [tags: Project Planning]
1896 words (5.4 pages)
- *Westchester County has nearly one million residents living throughout the 450 square miles and its population is larger than five states and 77 countries (Westchester gov.com, 2014). This region has a lot to offer historical; Westchester County played a key role in the American Revolution, cultural; arts, music, theater, museums, gardens, literary arts, cultural centers, and so on, geography; its locale is right along the Long Island Sound on the southeast and the Hudson River on the west, rolling hills, retaining rural characters, while adopting the urban and suburban lifestyles and New York City in close proximity, and population trends; the county’s population grew 3% between the 2000 a... [tags: New York City, New York, Westchester County]
1449 words (4.1 pages)
- West Virginia has a diverse history and strong record of struggle. From the original settlers to the current citizens, they have always found a way to survive and succeed (Wilson, 1990). The economic struggles of West Virginia have been due to the outsourcing of resources, income, capital, and information for the past 100 years (Cometti, 1966). This has led to reliance on the state and federal government to provide subsidies, and other welfare programs to help the citizens of the area feed, clothe, and shelter their selves (Erickson, 1986).... [tags: West Virginia Politics]
2192 words (6.3 pages)
- The Slums Of West County It was our first day of freedom. On April 10, 1998, my best friend Laren and I were anxiously ready to move out on our own. We had been planning this for months, while sitting at Denny's for a few hours at a time. We were trying to figure out how much we would each pay in rent, bills, and food. Where we might live and what kind of rules we might have to keep us from killing each other (as roommates are prone to do) were other issues we resolved. So, now the two sheltered West County girls were going to have a taste of life on their own… but not too far away from Mom and Dad, just in case something went awry.... [tags: essays papers]
1780 words (5.1 pages)
- Los Angeles County Department of Public Social Services has been struggling to accomplish a well organized computer system that was supposed to minimize the work of the employees, minimize the consumption of paper, decrease the number of errors and make the service for the customer faster. The bid for a newer, innovative and technological system began at $1 million dollars in 1995 (www.articles.com) . Many contractors sought the opportunity to make the County's dream come true. In this paper, I will attempt to describe a proposed project that will enable the County to fulfill the need for a faster service, more accurate, cutting unnecessary paper work for the employees and the lowest p... [tags: Project Overview Los Angeles Social Services]
1597 words (4.6 pages)
- Thompson Valley Towne Center INTRODUCTION The Thompson Valley Towne Center case study exemplifies how complicated a development project can get, especially with the presentation of a highly involved property rights litigation. Many issues arise in this particular project involving multiple parties. All these issues must be closely analyzed and continually monitored by the partnership developing the mixed-use project. Holsapple and Marostica begin to contemplate the continuance on the project as they see many bumps in its road to completion.... [tags: case study Towne Center Essays, solution]
3968 words (11.3 pages)
- The story of the American West is still being told today even though most of historic events of the Wild West happened over more than a century ago. In movies, novels, television, and more ways stories of the old west are still being retold, reenacted, and replayed to relive the events of the once so wild and untamed land of the west that so many now fantasize about. After reading about the old west and watching early westerns it is amazing how much Hollywood still glorifies the history and myth of the old west.... [tags: US History West Western]
1215 words (3.5 pages)