This progress report outlines the work completed, being worked on, and to be worked on for our final project in ENCE 3302. The project is compromised of two parts: a strategic plan and a team presentation of our proposed product. Our team was officially created on 2/9 after everyone in class finished giving their entrepreneurial presentations. Our team, which is Amir Ghadiry, John Forrest, Tyler Howard, and Brian Tannous, was decided because we all had a similar interest in the same entrepreneurial venture: a technology that would vastly improve upon the internet speed available in the United States.
On 3/2, once the roles were settled, we sent our assignments to Professor Easton. 2/24 our team corresponded by email to coordinate role assignments. It was decided that Amir would be responsible for engineering and manufacturing, John would be responsible for the operations and management of the company, Tyler would be responsible for legal and financial, while Brian would handle the marketing and sales of the company. Our team has been corresponding by email, and had a group meeting on 3/22 in which everyone attended to give an update on their progress. The rest of the report covers the details and accomplishments within each section.
As outlined above, on 3/2 we sent in our role assignments for the final project. Our team has been putting in time on the project ever since that date moving towards a rough draft. In order to effectively correspond with one another electronically, we set up a few collaborative tools.
The first of these tools is Google Wave. Wave is a n...
... middle of paper ...
5. Matroska. Wikipedia. [Online] [Cited: March 26, 2010.] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matroska.
6. State of the Internet Report. Akamai. [Online] [Cited: March 31, 2010.] http://www.akamai.com/stateoftheinternet/.
7. Internet Usage Statistics. Internet World Stats. [Online] [Cited: March 29, 2010.] http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats.htm.
8. 2008 ITIF Broadband Rankings. The Information Technology & Innovation Foundation. [Online] [Cited: March 29, 2010.] http://www.itif.org/files/2008BBRankings.pdf.
9. Wireline Competition Bureau Homepage. Federal Communications Commission. [Online] [Cited: March 29, 2010.] http://www.fcc.gov/wcb/.
10. Schatz, Amy and Johnson, Fawn. FCC Opens Inquiry of Apple's Ban of Google Voice. Wall Street Journal. [Online] [Cited: March 27, 2010.] http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124908121794098073.html.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Large and small businesses, governments, and schools strive to build the next new gadget, manage resources more efficiently, and teach or train in more creative ways. If they set out blindly on a task without proper oversight and thought about the process, then surely the result would be a dismal failure. Project management enables these entities, and various others, to carefully consider the many variables before, during, and after the project actually takes place. Project management refers to the careful planning, organization, and management through a single one-time activity.... [tags: Project management, Management]
986 words (2.8 pages)
- New Technology Interview Implementing a new project that will benefit an industry takes investors, time, money and a planning committee to ensure that the right equipment is selected for the right project. It also ensures that the equipment will benefit the business at its appropriate time. In health care the demands for modification and adjustment comes often to benefit the overall care for the patient. In today’s society, technology has thrust its way to the forefront of medicine and its demand has become high giving it a place as an important factor that is very significant.... [tags: Electronic medical record, Health care, Medicine]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- Picture a person who that is juggling doing several things at once; they are balancing a stick in one hand and another stick on their nose. Each stick has a plate on the top that they want to keep spinning without losing balance or dropping either. There is a lot going on in those actions including the exact timing of when to reach up and spin a plate, constant body movement to keep the sticks balanced as not to fall, and a continued push from the free hand to keep both plates spinning. This paradigm could be used to describe integration knowledge area of project management.... [tags: Project management, Management, Planning]
846 words (2.4 pages)
- When you are selected to be in charge of any situation the responsibility of accomplishment or disappointment falls onto you. Once you are placed in a management role of a project you must be able to lead individuals effectively and efficiently in order to reach the expected conclusion of projects placed upon you. The success of a project manager can be broken down into specific roles and responsibility. A successful project manager must understand the concept of the project as well as be a leader, a coordinator, a motivator, and a communicator to the client and his or her fellow team members.... [tags: Project management, Management, Project manager]
1283 words (3.7 pages)
- Chapter 1: Project Management Overview Popularity of PM Interest in Project Management is ever increasing. The recent upswing is related to the brave new world that we live in. The world is changing at an increasing rate. New industries seem to appear almost overnight – social media is changing everything. Combine all of that with the economic swings, projects cannot be managed like we did in the past. Regardless of major or area of study, all disciplines work on projects and thus the individuals in those areas of study should understand and be able to apply the concepts.... [tags: Project management, Management, Project]
1324 words (3.8 pages)
- I have been a customer project manager in a multinational telecommunications corporation in China, which offers services, software and infrastructure for telecom operators. Last October, I was assigned as the project manager for a 4G core-network integration project, which would introduce cutting-edge technology involving twelve products and relevant software to a new customer account. The target of the project was to meet the customer’s requirements within contracted time and approved budget. Moreover, the sales department hoped this project could bring new business opportunities to expand the market.... [tags: Project management, Management, Construction]
885 words (2.5 pages)
- Introduction Technology has brought about many changes in today’s society. We interact, exchange information, and socialize in whole new ways that were not even possible twenty years ago. These changes apply to all areas of life, and can even be incorporated into the classroom to bring about positive results in students. The use of technology in the classroom for cooperative learning, personalized learning, and group learning have the potential for great impact on the way learners learn and teachers teach.... [tags: Technology ]
2233 words (6.4 pages)
- If I was assigned to run the CSM’s re-design website project, first, I will talk to the project sponsors (board members and faculties and stakeholders) to develop this re-designing project’s charter, and set other details with them such as time and budget of this project. Based on the time, budget, and amount of required work, I will develop a project team below. - Project management - Usability and information architect team - Design team - Web developing team - Site editing team First, project managers who will be in charge of project planning, communication, budgeting, and scheduling.... [tags: re-design, website project, CMS]
984 words (2.8 pages)
- Project Management Concepts Worksheet Concept Application of Concept in the Scenario Reference to Concept in Reading contingency reserve The issue at Harrison-Keyes is the result of a lack of planning. While issues arose regarding vendors, the issues only pointed to Harrison-Keyes failure to truly grasp the necessity of building in contingency plans. The disaster of those around the company should never have an equally devastating impact on the company. While Harrison-Keyes has thought about contingency planning, their lack of solidifying plans is truly their biggest error.... [tags: Project Management]
1039 words (3 pages)
- Light Touch Projector This Light Blue Optics device moves far beyond its projection capability. Light Touch is a small computer, running Windows CE on batteries, with from 2 GB or 32 GB of memory, and it is able to project a virtual keyboard and virtual touch display simultaneously – an image that stays in focus at any distance. Cleaning a virtual keyboard is a simple as swiping the surface with a bar cloth. Holographic diffraction projection displays, such as this, remain clear even when projected onto curved surfaces.... [tags: Technology]
1757 words (5 pages)