Essay PreviewMore ↓
I am writing to bring you up to date on the progress that I have made on my educational goals, career goals, goals completed, goals in progress, fie year goals and action steps, ten year goals and actions steps, and potential obstacles to achieving goals. I am confident you will find the results of the report useful for evaluating the progress of my educational and career goals.
Educational Goals: Education is extremely important part of my past, present, and future goals. I currently hold an Associate of Applied Science in Graphic Design Media. I have found that an A.A.S Degree does not go as far al I originally intended in the Rochester, MN area and furthering my education will be a necessity for my future career goals. Over the past 2 years I have been working on my Bachelor of Science in Business Administration at the Minnesota School of Business Rochester campus. I am currently a senior with 3 quarters left before a spring graduation. After a June graduation, I plan on taking a summer quarter break. After summer break I will either continue on at MSB for my Masters in Business Administration with a Minor in Marketing or transferring the University of Minnesota for my Masters in Adult Education. After my Masters Degree is complete I will decide at that time if I wish to continue on and achieve my Ph.D.
Career Goals: I have narrowed in on three main career goals to complete at this time. First, I plan on staying at my current job at the Mayo Clinic as a QA Publication Specialist until my above educational goals are complete. It is important for me to stay with my current employer throughout my educational goals since my employer offers tuition reimbursement. This reimbursement is offered to every employee on a yearly basis. However, if one year of service is not completed after a reimbursement then all reimbursement money provided will need to be paid back in full. The tuition reimbursement covers about one quarter a year of my current education.
Second, after my educational are completed I will focus of finding a job where I can advance into business management and gain the necessary experience required to become a college professor in the business area. I would like to stay with my current employer, but transfer to another higher paying position that will give me the skills and experience that will be give me advancement opportunities.
How to Cite this Page
"Progress Report Of My Educational and Career Goals." 123HelpMe.com. 24 Jan 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The job of an addiction counselor specializing in, but not limiting my choice to substance abuse is the job profession I have chosen. The opportunities for this field are very open in my area of the country and throughout the Unites States. The counselors that work within range of me are very busy, and have little time to offer to a person in training. I was able to arrange an email interview with a particular counselor working at a rehabilitation facility for alcoholics and drug addicts. His job entailed monitoring the day-to-day progress of several people assigned to his case load.... [tags: Career]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- In America today, there are various careers and opportunities available, especially in educational departments. Being a teacher is an influential and challenging job that will help influence individual lives. This career traces back from ancient Greek and Roman cultures, (561 B.C.). This research will clarify information on the history, qualifications, requirements, reflections, and the position of teachers. To choose the profession of being a teacher comes from wanting to express/generate ideas, teach children about test-taking skills, and lead American schools to success.... [tags: responsibility, moral, certified teachers]
1059 words (3 pages)
- 1. Introduction Curriculum, instructional design, teaching and learning materials and assessment of learning form the core of any educational setting. Assessment assumes a serious precedence over others since it reflects the success or failure of the educational system by giving empirical evidence of the learning outcomes that have been achieved. A more concerned learning environment makes sure that learning objectives, instructional material, learning activities and assessment practices are all aligned in a harmonious way so as to realize optimum learning.... [tags: assessment, educational setting]
1738 words (5 pages)
- Essay Topic (Unit 10 – Question #3) How would you as a teacher encourage intrinsic motivation in students. Intrinsic Motivation Intrinsic motivation can be defined as “motivation associated with activities that are their own reward” (Perry 2003). It is motivation that stems from your inner feelings and views which feed your desires to accomplish and perform. Oppositely, extrinsic motivation is “motivation created by external factors such as rewards and punishments” (Perry 2003). When you are extrinsically motivated, you are only performing the task for what you will gain from completion.... [tags: essays research papers]
1187 words (3.4 pages)
Recruitment and Retention in Speech-Language Pathology: Addressing the Significant Shortage in the Profession
- Speech-language pathologists (SLP) are in high demand throughout the United States. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projects that the United States will need “about 141, 400 speech-language pathologists through the year 2018 to meet the increasing need in the profession and to replace retiring speech-language pathologists” (Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2011). According to the BLS Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2011-2012 Edition, “employment is expected to grow 18% in the profession in the next decade” (BLS, 2011).... [tags: Career Research ]
2117 words (6 pages)
- According to Finder (2008), in 1954, Ralph Tyler became the Founding Director of the Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences. There he was recruited to work on a plan to measure the nation’s educational progress. Tyler ended up developing a plan that eventually became the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP), which is still used today. Many criticized his plan, as they did want the government to take over schools. However, Tyler was quick to say that his goal was not have to schools battling against each other.... [tags: Education, Want, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Accept]
1170 words (3.3 pages)
- My interest in pursuing a position as a school administrator for an elementary school system is to provide leadership for staff members and quality education for all students, and to become part of the world of education. The Benjamin Franklin School located in the Dallas School District serves as a growing population of approximately 1,070 students. The school offers a well-defined educational system for the students, and it has an overall student-to-teacher ratio of 17:1. In addition to the statewide curriculum standards, the school offers special education programs and classes for the gifted and talented.... [tags: Career Ambition ]
1399 words (4 pages)
- This Occupational Research Report is based on the career information obtained on the occupation of architecture. if focuses on the potential career of being an architect, the steps leading to obtaining a position and training, as well as the future growth and outlook of this occupation. According to Lee W. Waldrep (2010), author of the book Becoming an Architect: A Guide to Careers in Design, an architect is an imaginative person who designs a wide spectrum of structures for buildings (Waldrep, 2010, p 2).... [tags: Career Research ]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- I can remember coming to school and hearing all my classmates talk about how much they hated going to the dentist. Going to the dentist was one thing that I have always loved to do. The sound of the tools and just the smell of the clinic was never a bad atmosphere to me, I actually enjoy the dentist. Laura was my first dental hygienist from as far back as I can remember, and she had the whitest teeth I have ever seen. I have honestly came to the conclusion that I am obsessed with teeth. With this being said, I have always felt and known that I wanted to be a dental hygienist.... [tags: Career Field Report]
1583 words (4.5 pages)
- In education, the term assessment refers to the “wide variety of methods or tools that educators use to evaluate, measure, and document the academic readiness, learning progress, skill acquisition, or educational needs of students” (Abbot, 2016). Educators use a “diverse array of assessment tools and methods to measure everything from a four-year-old’s readiness for kindergarten to a twelfth-grade student’s comprehension of advanced physics” (Abbott, 2016). Assessments are typically designed to measure specific elements of learning.... [tags: Education, Educational psychology, Psychometrics]
2101 words (6 pages)
Finally, after necessary on the job experience is completed I will find my dream job as a college professor at the University of Minnesota Rochester Campus. I will teach undergraduate general business or introductory marketing classes.
Goals Completed: The following goals have already been completed:
• Associate of Applied Science in Graphic Design Media
• Employed with the Mayo Clinic
I have already completed my first goal by getting an A.A.S Degree in Graphic Design Media. My A.A.S Degree was the first step in my education goals and has been essential in getting hired for my job at the Mayo Clinic. Without completing this goal I would not have the current job I have or as far along in my B.S. program.
The second goal completed is staying with my current employer at the Mayo Clinic. I have been working hard at this job and have made great contacts in the industry that will help me with future goals.
Goals in Progress: I have one main goal in progress at this time, which is to complete my Bachelors in Business Administration. I have been working hard at achieving this goal and hope to finish in June of 2009. Classes yet to be taken to complete this goal, according to MSB College, are Finance, Human Resource Management, Leadership & Management, Investments, Business Ethics, Entrepreneurship, Consumer Behavior, and Capstone: Business Administration.
Five year Goals and Action Steps: In the next five years I plan on focusing on my education as follows:
1. Finish my Bachelors of Science in Business Administration
2. Finish my Masters is Business Administration or Masters in Adult Education
3. Enrolling and attending a Ph.D. program at the University of Minnesota
The main actions step that will be necessary to complete these goals would be to stay in school and not give up no matter how difficult it will become. It will be necessary to rely on my family to help me in the progression as well.
10 Year Goals and Action Steps: In the next 10 years I plan to:
1. Finish my education by achieving by B.S. Degree in Business Administration, MBA in Adult Education, and Ph.D. in Adult Education
2. Get related on the job experience through various positions at the Mayo Clinic
3. Find a job at the University of Minnesota as college professor for undergraduate studies of business and introductory marketing
The action steps to my 10 years goals are very broad and can take on many different paths at this point. The main action step that I will need to do to achieve my 10 year goals is to put as much energy into school and work as I possibly can. I believe the harder I work at these goals the closer they are to me reaching them.
Potential Obstacles to Achieving Goals: One of the main obstacles I have found in achieving my goals is balancing school, work and family life. I am married and have a 3 year old little boy. I would like to have another child in the future as well. It will be a challenge to have another child and continue on with all the goals I have put forth. In the past I have found it extremely difficult to balance all of these things at once with just one child. Luckily, with my families help, I have been able to keep pace with all of these things. As my work toward achieving my goals I will have to rely on my family even more to get through it all successfully.
Another potential obstacle I will run across is money to pay for all the schooling I need and finding a way to pay it all off. School is extremely expensive and due to the current economic state it is difficult to get loans. I will have to find a way to pay for my schooling and pay back what I already owe. According to Annys Shin, Ylan Mui, and Nancy Trejos of the Whashington Post, “student borrowers are limited as to the amount of federal loans they can take out. And family grant money are, for most people, a finite resource. That’s where private loans come in”. However, private loans can be very difficult to achieve due to the current state of the economy. Undergraduate loans are easier to get, but once in graduate programs with more in loans already taken out, it can become difficult. It is even more difficult to find the extra money to pay in cash for the extra expensed that the federal loans do not pay.
The final obstacle to achieving my goals is family and personal time. It gets harder each day to find more time for my family and for myself. In order for me to reach all of my goals I know that I will need to keep up with family time and reward myself once in a while with personal time. Without these things the chances of my continuing and fulfilling my goals with deteriorate. According to the article, Moms Going Back to College by Stacy BeBroff, 2.3 million women 30 or older are now attending college.
Conclusion: In conclusion I have provided exact information for the progress that I have made on my educational goals, career goals, goals completed, goals in progress, fie year goals and action steps, ten year goals and actions steps, and potential obstacles to achieving goals. I look forward to expressing my educational and career goals with you in person.
DeBroff, S. Moms Going Back to College. Mom Central. Retrieved September 14, 2008, from http://www.momcentral.com/Home/moms-going-back-to-college.html
Globe University Minnesota School of Business. Bachelor of Science Degree Program Business Administration. Retrieved October 15, 2008, from
Shin, A., Mui, Y. Q. & Trejos, N. (2006, October 25). Getting Schooled on Student Loans. washintonpost.com. Retrieved September 14, 2008, from