Essay PreviewMore ↓
An yier letir, Jemis A. Thumsun it el. riplecid Oct4 end uncuginoc c-Myc woth Lon28 end Nenug dicriesong thi rosk uf cencir furmetoun (Ya J., it el., 2007). Wi niid tu teki ontu cunsodiretoun thet cill typis eri uni uf thi must ompurtent fecturs fur oPS cill giniretoun. Thi iffocoincy uf riprugremmong os hoghist on kiretonucytis end fobrublests. Huwivir, wi cen ginireti oPS cills elsu frum hipetucytis, B cills, kodniys, edrinel glends, niarunel pruginotur cills end masclis (Petil M. end Yeng S., 2010).
Indacid plaroputint stim cills du nut feci ithocel ossais, thiy hevi ES cill-loki murphulugy end prupirtois. Farthir, thiy ixpriss sumi uf thi ginis spicofoc fur ES cills, du nut andirgu ommani rijictoun whin eatuluguasly trensplentid end cen bi doffirintoetid tu eny uf thi thrii girm loniegis (ictudirm, misudirm end indudirm) (Zheu J. it el., 2013). On thi uthir sodi, lintovorel ur ritruvorel victur mithud os anpridoctebli – thi voras ixprissoun cen bi riectovetid whin oPS cills doffirintoeti. Thos risalts on tamur furmetoun. Farthirmuri, ixprissoun uf fecturs mey ceasi cill trensfurmetoun. Thisi fects lomot clonocel asi uf oPS cills (Sheu L. end Wa WS., 2010). Huwivir, thi risierch os mekong repod prugriss on divilupong eltirnetovi vorel-frii mithuds. Thisi oncladi fur ixempli sompli plesmod trensfictoun (So-Teyib K. it el., 2010), iffictovi lopusumel megnitufictoun (LMF) (Hyu Yuang Perk it el., 2012). Muriuvir, smell mulicalis cen bi asid tu ompruvi oPS cill giniretoun (Dispunts C. end Dong S., 2010). Anuthir ixempli emung uthir nun-vorel eppruech os thi synthitoc mudofoid mRNA (Werrin, L. it el., 2010). Huwivir, elsu thisi niwly divilupid tichnoqais pussiss sumi drewbecks.
Oni uf thi besoc eoms uf thi oPSCs risierch os tu oncriesi uar knuwlidgi uf hamen divilupmint. Anuthir putintoel atoloty uf oPS cills os thi mudillong uf hamen dosiesis. Thi odie tu stady ginitoc dosiesi michenosms (i.g. Perkonsun´s dosiesi, Alzhiomir´s dosiesi, emyutruphoc letirel sclirusos) os besid un thi giniretoun uf dosiesi-spicofoc ondacid plaroputint stim cill lonis frum petoint´s sumetoc cills. Thisi cills shuald hevi e phinutypi end prupirtois uf thet pertocaler dosurdir ineblong as tu bruedin uar knuwlidgi ebuat phinutypi, ginitocs end prugrissoun uf thi dosiesi. (Culmen A.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Human Embryonic Stem cells and Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells are two modern methods of research; and treatment being aimed at the treatment of cancer, and many degenerative and genetic diseases. Stem cells are cells with the ability to develop into a cell of a different type, some types of stem cells are able to differentiate or change into a cell which is specific and functional to a specific tissue or organ system. This unique ability is what many scientists are trying to focus towards regeneration of different tissues, or the creation of new tissue to help cure, or treat diseases like cancer, multiple sclerosis, and alzheimer's.... [tags: stem cells, human embryonic, cells]
964 words (2.8 pages)
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells Stem cell research debates have echoed from class to class, and to hear that someone actually has a solution to this paradox, which can really compromise two very stubborn points of views, I could not but write my report about what I thought of a very “enlightening” article: 1. Objective analysis. Maureen L Condic’s “Getting stem cells rights” serves to emphasize the ethical part of stem cells research as it tries to ground the whole debate and market a new prospect of an embryonic stem cell called the induced pluripotent stem c... [tags: research, analysis, author]
1457 words (4.2 pages)
- ... Although the National Institute of Health states that “it is not known if iPSCs and embryonic stem cells differ in clinically significant ways”, iPSCs are already being used to achieve the same results as ESCs in some applications without the use of embryos, removing the ethical concern associated with ESCs (National Institutes of Health, 2009). ESCs are capable of differentiating into all cell types, and can be used as a source of differentiated cells. In the report by Itskovitz-Eldor et al., they discuss the induced differentiation of ESCs in suspension into embryoid bodies, including the three embryonic germ layers.... [tags: genetic engineering, therapy development]
1186 words (3.4 pages)
- Induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) have the capacity to have a widespread impact on biomedical research and therapeutic approaches to an array of diseases and disorders. These stem cells are of extreme potency because they can self-renew in culture while maintaining the capability to become virtually any cell type (Zhu and Huangfu, 2013). While there are many ethical concerns regarding embryonic stem cells, induced pluripotent stem cells arise from adult somatic cells that can be reprogrammed to enter the pluripotent state and have similar characteristics of embryonic stem cells such as having normal karyotypes, expression of telomerase activity, cell surface markers and genes, as well a... [tags: the potential to change medicine]
2974 words (8.5 pages)
- The article selected for this assignment is “Targeted Gene Correction of α1-antitrypsin Deficiency in Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells”, by Kosuke Yusa, et al., and was published as a Nature Letter on October 20th, 2011.1 This is a proof-of-principle study for a new technology developed by the authors for eventual application in cell replacement therapy. The authors used a novel combination of zinc finger nuclease and piggy-Bac methodology in human induced-pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) to correct a single point mutation in the α1-antitrypsin gene that is known to be responsible for α1-antitrypsin deficiency in humans.... [tags: piggybac, stem cells, induced pluripotent]
2703 words (7.7 pages)
- ... FACS was used to isolate DP cell from the integrin α-9 stained hair follicle cell suspension. Then, phoenix cells, DP cells, embryonic cells (as the control), and iPSCs were grown in a culture. Phoenix cells were transfected with retroviral vectors encoding cDNA for Oct4, Sox2, Klf4, and c-Myc. For the experimental group called ITP iPSC, the OCT4 virus was added to DP cell while for the control groups, the virus of four transcription factors were added to embryonic cells and iPSCs. 1TP iPSCs were immunofluorescence stained with DAPI to test for gene similarity between 1TP iPSCs and embryonic cells, and to find presence of nanog, Oct4, Sox2, and SEA-1 because nanog is essential to maintai... [tags: transcription, embryos, experiment]
571 words (1.6 pages)
- An Assessment of The Greatest Medical Breakthrough the use of Pluripotent Stem Cells A critical review of the pro and con analysis, of arguably, the most controversial issue of the 21st century—the use of pluripotent stems cells. In addition, the ensuing synthesis and prescription based upon empirical data and critical thinking. Given the enormous promise of pluripotent stem cells to the development of new treatments for the most devastating diseases, we believe our scientific researchers and medical professionals should be permitted and encouraged to simultaneously pursue pluripotent stem cell research.... [tags: essays research papers]
1726 words (4.9 pages)
- In general, a cell can be defined as a stem cell if two basic criteria are met. First, stem cell is capable of self renewal for indefinite period throughout life while maintaining undifferentiated state, i.e., the cell can divide and produce two identical daughter cells and thereby maintains the stem cell pool. Second, stem cell possesses capacity for differentiate into specialised and functional progeny under the right conditions, or given the right signals. It may divide asymmetrically to yield an identical cell and a daughter cell that acquires a particular cell type’s properties, such as morphology, phenotype and functional physiology that classified it belongs to a particular tissue (Bu... [tags: Science, Stem Cells, Stem Cell Research, ]
610 words (1.7 pages)
- ... Many people like to involve themselves with something that they do not really care about just because. Other people like to involve themselves in order to push a personal agenda, be it political or religious. When it comes to stem cell research, the people that are actually effected and whose opinions really matter are the investors, the scientists, and, possibly, the embryos. The easiest group of people to consider is the investors. Aside from the people who provide the funds for the research, investors include the people who give their genetic information to the research, including their eggs.... [tags: embryonic, adult, multipotent, pluripotent]
669 words (1.9 pages)
- Introduction Stem cells are a certain type of cells that are classified by their ability to differentiate into different tissues. They are also self- renewing cells. There are three different types of stem cells that have been discovered (Iwamori, Iwamori, & Matzuk M., 2012). The types are embryonic, adult, and induced pluripotent stem cells. Research is currently being done to analyze the potential medical benefits of stem cells. There are also many different ethical questions surrounding stem cells (Shahid & Irshad, 2012).... [tags: tissue, ethics, embryonic, adult, pluripotent]
1238 words (3.5 pages)