My journey started when I was in juniors. Our computer lab was near stair case watching this machine every day and amusing what kind of thing is that. It was until I had my hands on it. Still my memories are fresh, me working with Paint and Logo program. MS-Dos, Pascal, Basic, FORTRAN, COBOL. These were the basic steps of where I am today working with C#, scripts, web services and other technologies.
My interest grew stronger when I reverse engineered a software, when I was working part time in courier company. I got to know how these languages are used to build such software. Post-secondary, I opted a four year Bachelor of Technology degree program in Information Technology at the Rajasthan Technical University; I acquired an overall perspective of this scientific discipline, with a particular interest in Object Oriented Programming. Data Structures, .NET Technology, Database Management, Design and Analysis of Algorithms, Computer Graphics and System Software these were some of the areas that captured my attention. My keen interest in the subjects translated into receiving an average of 90+ marks in the labs.
I also involved myself in nu...
... middle of paper ...
...e field of computer science through a rigorous undergraduate program and job in the IT industry, at this point, I feel that it is the right time to take up graduate studies. I wish to raise my understanding of the nuances of the Computer Science field and use this knowledge to further my chances for a lucrative career in Software.
The MSc (Scientific Computing) program offered by the Memorial University will undoubtedly provide me with the right knowledge, skills and experience to pursue that dream and exploit the opportunities to the fullest extent. The practical-orientation of your in-depth coursework will allow me to not only acquire a clear understanding of the subject but also the skills to execute it. I am confident my exposure to such initiatives would quite augment my knowledge base and add tremendous value in enabling me to realize my professional goals.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As a result of these problems, to achieve high levels of reuse in OOP, one is often forced to write very small classes, which leads to an explosion in the number of classes in a system. (Krubner 2014, 41) The irony of all of this is that programmers reuse code without OOP—often by simply copying and pasting. There 's no need to superimpose some elaborate structure of interacting, instantiated objects, with all the messaging and fragility that it introduces into a program. (Mansfield 2005, 1) 7. OOP IS MORE DIFFICULT TO LEARN OOP requires more discipline, management and training than classic software development does.... [tags: Object-oriented programming, Programming language]
1073 words (3.1 pages)
- 7. Conclusion 7.1 Appraisal: Java and the principles of object oriented programming language were taught through multiple modules, such as AC22004, Object Oriented Analysis and Design and AC11001, Introduction To Software Development. Although they went hand in hand, the former module focused on the different stages in the design process when programming in an object oriented language as well as the main principles of these languages. The latter was focused on Java, both theory and in practice (and thus also included the main principles of object oriented languages).... [tags: Object-oriented programming, Programming language]
950 words (2.7 pages)
- A lot of people especially young adults went to school to better themselves. Each student has chosen major of study to fulfill them dream career. In Cincinnati State, a lot of students took Information Technology major to pursue their career in rapidly growing computer world. One of the advantages of being a computer programming is that they can work home-based or an office-based. Some people might ask if they have the same qualifications and work output. They do have the same qualifications. Home-based and office-based programmer have the same work results, it just a matter of how they write the program.... [tags: Computer, Programmer, Computer programming]
890 words (2.5 pages)
- Computers are electrical devices used to store and process data which is usually embedded in binary code. According to Businessdictionary Computer Science is the “study of computing, programming, and computation in correspondence with computer systems” (1). Moreover Computer Science is basically taking the Computer and practically exploring the ins and outs of how a computer functions using both its hardware and software . With the title Computer Science comes an array of positions or job titles that are all essential to simplify everyday tasks and eliminate tedious repetitive task.... [tags: Computer, Programming language]
787 words (2.2 pages)
Admiral Grace Murray Hopper : The First Female Computer Scientists And The Mother Of Corbel Programming
- Admiral Grace Murray Hopper is known as one of the first female computer scientists and the mother of Corbel programming. Hopper was born on December 9, 1906 in New York City and was the oldest of three children. Even as a child she loved played with gadgets, disassembling items such an alarm clocks to determine how they worked (Norman). Hopper parents and siblings had a huge impact on her life. Her father who was a successful insurance broker inspired Hopper to pursue higher education and not limit her to typical feminine roles during that time (Norman).... [tags: Programming language, Computer, Grace Hopper]
1445 words (4.1 pages)
- Statistics show that 90 percent of Americans own computers. All of these computers have capability to do amazing thing. Computers and the things that they can do make life easier. Without the career of computer programming, these things wouldn’t be possible. Computer programmers create a sequence of instructions to enable the computer to do something. Computer programming is interesting because of a love for computers and the things that they can do. To become a person that makes life easier for others involves computer programing.... [tags: Technological Advancements, Careers, Internet]
908 words (2.6 pages)
- Java: It's not just for breakfast anymore. The World-Wide Web as it is today reminds me of a bad date I had once; boring, flat, and unexciting. It does absolutely nothing for me. The pages are limited by the specifications of HTML which calls for a two-dimensional layout and a static page. I for one am looking for some new element. A new angle if you will. Something to jolt some life into The Web. Sun Microsystem's Java will bring a new interactive element to the Web. It is designed to enhance the browsing experience and take us into the next generation of The Web.... [tags: Computers Technology Programming Languages]
1765 words (5 pages)
- Computer Programming is a big industry. Without it, computers, video games, the internet, and even cell phones would not exist. Jobs are not scarce for computer programming today. Almost everything we use has to do with technology, and computer programmers are needed in order to make the projects happen. Computer programming is one of the more challenging jobs out in the world. Someone who quits easily when things get hard, or when something is not working the way that they want it to, will not succeed in computer programming.... [tags: technology, video games, internet]
1136 words (3.2 pages)
- Should programming be taught in K12 schools. Computer programing should be taught in K-12 schools because it’s an essential part of the 21st century learning. In particular, I was never taught programing, so when I took this course it broadened my understanding. I know that Computer Science is a fundamental subject that should be taught. This education will benefit all students, not just those interested in pursuing this type of career. Computer science is a growing industry, and it develops students problem solving skills and their creativity.... [tags: Education, Problem solving, Critical thinking]
830 words (2.4 pages)
- Computer Programming Choosing to do a research on a career can be a little easier to do when you have some or a general knowledge a particular field of work. There are many different types of jobs one can decide to undertake, one of which is in the most popular line of work today: Computer Programming. Although this line of work might seem a little tiresome but you might find it enjoyable by people with lots of patience and the will to do long and tidious work. Most programmers in large corporations work in teams, with each person focusing on a specific aspect of the total project(AOL).... [tags: essays research papers fc]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- Day Of Destruction, Days Of Revolt By Chris Hedges And Joe Sacco
- Veto Players And Fdi ( Chapter Six ) And The Imf, Fdi Inflows
- Analysis Of The Poem ' The Cid '
- Analysis Of The Book ' Unfair Games '
- Bullying And Its Effects On Society
- What 's A Name? By Henry Louis Gates Jr. And Finishing School By Maya Angelou