Ten years ago I was sitting in a classroom striving to understand the English language and how to read and write properly. I am a Mexican immigrant who came into the United States following the “American Dream” in search of a better life. I am a hard working individual with a passion for service and self-determination to make a difference in people’s lives. I come from a family that values unity and service to others. Caring for other people is what I love to do and it’s what makes me feel I have a real purpose in life. A career as a health care professional will fulfil both my personal and professional goals.
I always knew education would give me tools necessary to achieve my goals. Learning English was the first step in getting an education and a necessity to be a successful student. When I chose the nursing profession, I wanted to obtain a college education focused on a career that would allow me to care for others. I was accepted into the ADN (Associates Degree in Nursing) program at Western Nebraska Community College. During my education in the nursing program, I had the opportunity to care for patients during my clinical rotations. These soul-feeding experiences reassured me I was in the right path to fulfill my objective and that caring for people is what I want as a lifelong career.
Although I’m not currently working as a nurse, I fulfill my passion of service by involving myself in the community. I volunteer at the local clinic and hospital providing English-Spanish translation and interpretation services to individuals whom do not speak English and are in need of health care services as well as information regarding their health in their native language. I am a member of a local group ca...
... middle of paper ...
...r access to health care. It is my intention to partake a more active role in my local young professionals group by collaborating with my team in planning and organizing events. These are the short-term goals I hope to achieve within a year.
Long-term goals are also a part of my ambitions. Having completed the BSN degree, I would like to commit myself towards obtaining my (FNP) Licensed Family Nurse Practitioner degree. According to Chazeman & Nadine (2014), “reducing racial/ethnic [healthcare] disparities has become a national priority.” I desire to pursue a position in an institution as a primary care provider and be part of a team dedicated towards providing services to minority groups. By being a part of the diverse health-care workforce, I have the potential to contribute towards alleviating the health care inequalities that currently exists among these groups.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Professional Development Plan Ten years ago I was sitting in a classroom striving to understand the English language and how to read and write properly. I am a Mexican immigrant who came into the United States following the “American Dream” in search of a better life. I am a hard working individual with a passion for service and self-determination to make a difference in people’s lives. I come from a family that values unity and service to others. Caring for other people is what I love to do and it’s what makes me feel I have a real purpose in life.... [tags: Health care, Health care provider, Nursing, Health]
990 words (2.8 pages)
- My interest in pursuing a position as a school administrator for an elementary school system is to provide leadership for staff members and quality education for all students, and to become part of the world of education. The Benjamin Franklin School located in the Dallas School District serves as a growing population of approximately 1,070 students. The school offers a well-defined educational system for the students, and it has an overall student-to-teacher ratio of 17:1. In addition to the statewide curriculum standards, the school offers special education programs and classes for the gifted and talented.... [tags: Career Ambition ]
1399 words (4 pages)
- ... Request from the staff member for a self-assessment. The staff member will complete a self-assessment of their interests, skills, values, and personality with the help of a HR counselor. 2. Supervisor will develop an assessment of the staff member’s skill level. Based on the staff member’s assessment, their work record, and the Supervisor’s observations the staff member’s skill level will include the following classifications: • Technical skills: skills needed for their present position and to meet their future goals.... [tags: professional development plan]
576 words (1.6 pages)
- Within the life of every education, the expectation is that they are growing personally within their own lives and professions of which will assist them in reaching the lives of their student/learners effectively for the purposes of academic achievement. This growth is received through that activity on the part of the education within professional development. Within this assignment, this writer will conduct an assignment of which calls for the summary of four valuable resources in which he had studied concerning professional development.... [tags: education, professional development, mentoring]
1714 words (4.9 pages)
- Professional Development Plan: Stapelberg, N - 13006992 1. Purpose The engineering profession is one that is dedicated to finding solutions to problems varying in complexity in order to simplify the living of humanity. With such a highly recognized and valued profession comes great responsibility in ensuring the health and safety of the ones affected as well as ensuring the standard and reputation of the profession is upheld. This document serves as future candidate engineer (FCE), Mr Neil Stapelberg 's, plan for the registration as Professional Mechanical Engineer with ECSA and includes one complete Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Cycle of five years.... [tags: Engineering, Professional Engineer]
1313 words (3.8 pages)
- Introduction In this document, the student will describe what he plans to do as a candidate engineer, to qualify to become a professional engineer. The strategy for CPD (continuous professional development) will be discussed for when the student is registered as a professional engineer. The student intends to become a professional engineer and to make sure that the right amount of continuous professional development is done. There is a high standard of competency in the field of any engineering and one must comply with these competencies in order to uphold his/her status as a professional or candidate engineer.... [tags: candidate engineer, professional development]
1250 words (3.6 pages)
- The term career plan is the broad-based exploration associated with the career or profession expansion or growth and gives a clear explanation concerning the people who administer his or her careers within the corporations along with what aspects corporations use in formulating his or her career improvement among his or her associates. Expanding or enlarging a career or professional preparation is not an easy task for the reason behind the expansion plan assists in planning the upcoming period; throughout the whole life period people continually alter or change his or her careers frequently.... [tags: Career Ambition ]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- Generally, most of us spend a significant amount of time of our lives in the workplace, and therefore it is important to fully understand the roles and responsibilities of possible dream jobs before choosing and initiating our careers. Then, whereas I plan to pursue my career goals as a Music Agent, it is mandatory to comprehend what constitutes the work of being an agent and what it will be expected from me in this profession. Spite of professions in the music industry arena be considered very exciting, it can also be extremely competitive.... [tags: Career Research, Career Plan]
2309 words (6.6 pages)
- Many diverse experiences have helped to shape my professional marketing career. These positions range from promoting Broadway shows, to marketing at the global children's entertainment brand Pokémon, and managing a girl’s brand called My Princess Academy. While my professional experiences have provided me with a strong real world foundation, I feel that in order to pursue my goal of managing a major entertainment brand, I require the knowledge and training afforded by an MBA program. I am confident that my professional experiences coupled with an MBA will help me achieve a vibrant career in marketing management.... [tags: Marketing, Career,]
1021 words (2.9 pages)
- Professional Development Plan Nursing is a profession of caring and respect for human dignity, which is the core value I strive to maintain throughout my career. My primary goal while in school with Walden University now is to complete the MSN-Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) program. Advocacy is the consequence of that respect required of a nurse, and with Walden University mission and vision; I am bestowed the ability to understand healthcare from the patient’s perspective and range of socio-cultural factors that influence their decisions.... [tags: Nursing, Master of Science in Nursing]
1583 words (4.5 pages)