This week I am in the planning stage of my learning plan, as my colleague and I are researching and gathering resources for next week’s presentation of dental hygiene. This topic will cover the importance of dental hygiene, how to maintain dental health, dentist visits, and consequences of not taking care of your teeth. Furthermore, my colleague and I scheduled teachers for next week’s presentation of dental hygiene. A problem that I encountered was that a few teachers were not present on the day we wanted to schedule them for the following week’s presentation. Therefore, we would have to schedule them the week after for the lesson into the time slots that are avai...
... middle of paper ...
...he food we have provided. We have demonstrated ways to eat nutritious without comprising the taste. We prepared hummus with pita and naan bread, fruit skewers, fruit salad, Greek salad, vegetable trays, crackers and cheese as snacks.
This week of practice I am in the evaluation stage of my learning plan. I have received my written evaluations from teachers, as well as oral feedback from teachers and students. Also, I have received my preceptors feedback for the semester and have reviewed it with her. A problem that arose this week was that one of the teacher 's smart board was not working. To solve this problem, we had used an older television as most of the Dairy Farmers of Ontario educators presentation was electronically based. For next week: to purchase a gift with my colleague for my preceptor and preceptor 's class, and bid farewell to the staff and students.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A mentally disabled but diligent female high school student attends a tutoring session at the learning center to work on a classroom writing assignment. Despite encouragement and prompts from the tutor, the student is unable to write. She states that she hates writing and declares that she will take a zero for the grade rather than complete the assignment. Literature Review Such frustrating scenarios are not uncommon in the learning center. Developing and practicing effective personal writing skills is crucial for recording individual expression and communication, logging personal experiences and preserving a culture’s civilization (Powell, Harms and Barry, 2006).... [tags: Research Analysis]
929 words (2.7 pages)
- My personal literacy development has been a constant struggle since my arrival in America as a boy with a Spanish-speaking mother and a bi-lingual father. We spoke Spanish at home. As I began school I could only speak a small amount of English and understood only slightly more. I learnt, as young children do, through listening to the people around me and using any visual aids I could to scaffold the gaps in my understanding (Winch, Johnston, March, Ljungdahl, Holliday, 2012). My lack of basic literacy affected every area of my learning with only math classes allowing me to feel slightly comfortable due to the international nature of numerical literacy.... [tags: Literacy Essays]
953 words (2.7 pages)
- This purpose of this research study is to develop a leadership development plan (LDP). There are three sections in the development of LDP. The first section is called “Effective Leadership Overview/Summary.” This begins with an overview of an effective leadership which includes theories and relationship and network building. Communication is also essential in leadership and active listening is a technique that will be addressed. Leaders need followers to be leaders they must have the skills in leading; some of these skills to be covered are career planning, honesty, and have integrity.... [tags: Leadership, Communication, Leadership development]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- Demonstrating and Developing Communication Skills Now you are no longer strangers to God and foreigners to heaven, but you are members of God’s very own family, citizens of God’s country, and you belong in God’s household with every other Christian. Ephesians 2:19 (TLB) Glory to God, it is through written confirmation Apostle Paul affirms reconciliation of Jews and Gentiles to God and one another, by God’s grace (Ephesians 2). In Ephesians “Paul reminds his Gentile readers that before their conversation they were dead, depraved, diabolical, and disobedient.... [tags: Communication, Message, Graphic communication]
2243 words (6.4 pages)
- The characteristics of a leader like Ms. Jovita Carranza came through in her daily actions with those encircled by her personal and professional life experiences. Leaders come in all forms of varieties, genders, ethnicity and descriptors like Carranza. Carranza didn't stopped to think about some of the leaders that have inspired her or even some that have infuriated her, the qualities of her good leadership skills will became apparent through her professional growth with UPS. When we think about the characteristic of a leader, we often think of leaders that are ever-changing, which calls each of us to act or to follow.... [tags: Developing Leaders at UPS Case Study]
1586 words (4.5 pages)
- Personal development is the process of maintaining one’s well being in terms of physical, social and psychological aspects. It is the constant process of developing and enhancing personality through learning and socialization processes. Undoubtedly, for personal development, certain skills and knowledge are required to be achieved. Armstrong (2006) rightly says that the personal development plan incorporates a wider set of learning and development activities such as self-managed learning, coaching and mentoring.... [tags: Professional Skills ]
843 words (2.4 pages)
- A] Developing Employee Skills: - The strategy that organises the activities that build the skill set of the workers is called Skills development or employee development. Training may sound too expensive for the business but in the long run it gives multiple benefits or returns like: - • Increased productivity • Increased customer satisfaction • Fewer accidents • Fewer grievances • Fewer defects and errors etc. The following are some ways in which an organization can develop employee skills: - A. Training: - Set up a well-designed training program that widens the scope of learning before, during and after the instructions and can bring lasting change on the jobs.... [tags: Management, Employment, Learning, Skill]
1225 words (3.5 pages)
- A Reflection on Developing Critical Thinking Skills in Nursing Education. The after-degree nursing program at the University of Alberta provides a wide collection of different learning experiences that help to support the transition from nursing student to professional practice. In order to be successful in this program, students will need to develop sound critical thinking skills as this will assist them in making clinical decisions and providing safe patient care. Critical thinking is a conscious judgment that leads one to interpret, analyze, infer and explain evidence (Bittencourt & Da Gracia, 2012).... [tags: Nursing, Critical thinking, Nurse, Skill]
1797 words (5.1 pages)
- In doing these exercises I learned that specific traits can lead to good leadership skills that can be used to become a successful leader. It has taught me that a good leader is one who has a direct relationship with the people who they are leading. The assessment quizzes gave me good insight on my leadership skills and skills I need to enhance to become an effective leader. The following is what I have learned doing the assessment quizzes in the book. By doing the assessment quizzes for chapter one, I learned that I have high leadership skills, such as a team building by holding staff meeting and encouraging the team to talk, spokesperson for the team by dealing with upper management on th... [tags: Leadership, Management, Skill, Learning]
1467 words (4.2 pages)
- Introduction Personal Development Plan (PDP) is a specific plan for your future in short-term of six months or twelve months. It is necessary that you have objectives set up for yourself, and plans and actions to be taken in order to achieve those objectives. Following PDP is a good way to improve yourself, and to acquire skills and knowledge. Therefore, it is advisable to continue doing PDP one after another. Also, PDP includes your CV, so you can update it with new experiences or skills acquired.... [tags: Personal Plan]
1400 words (4 pages)