The healthcare field is ripe with opportunities, and the rapid growth extends beyond medical professionals. For an individual considering a career in the healthcare industry they have to set and accomplish goals which are important aspects of life-changing. Careers often successful begin through the education that suitable to support individual professional goals. An individual should establish an action plan that consists of professional goals which used to influence decisions in the chosen career, skills required, and skills to improve, the ultimate plan, an organization that offers valuable insight, and what strategies used to make these goals evident.
I would like to pursue a career in healthcare administration which is an ultimate goal of achieving, and from there I would like to work in a hospital setting where I can be of assistance to a larger population. Another goal I would like to achieve is earning a master’s degree in healthcare administration. Earning a bachelor degree is needed for entry-level, but I will need a master’s degree which can help me to advance in my career, and it provides opportunities to work in certain areas utilizing this particular degree. I would also like to improve further being knowledgeable in healthcare administration while learning new strategies for becoming a better leader.
Job in the Healthcare Sector
When entering the healthcare field, I plan on being in healthcare administration management. The healthcare management position provides many opportunities to make a difference in someone’s life. The management team has a chance to change policies that could have a positive impact on the patient and staff as well. I would like to focu...
... middle of paper ...
...kills and knowledge for the job, and how to go by reaching them. The outline helps to identify the strengths and weaknesses, so I can work towards making those improvements that need development to better the career. Another benefit of using this action plan will help create milestones and timelines, which are required for developing skills before success. Also, it will help to contribute identifying other options as progressing during this journey.
The minute a person decides to set and pursue career goals, frequently evaluate and adjust them to particular desires as those previous goals replaced. As one progresses through their career and obtains the skills they seek, that their career goals might shift. Also, it is of the essence to adapt career plans to the changing business environment. Potential aims and plans to accomplish need to remain stable.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction: This background report describes the student career planning that can help them to manage their learning and development process. The report focuses on different steps to make a career plan such as knowing yourself, finding out, making decisions and talking action to be the main points in your career plan. Knowing your self is to explore your skills, interests and motivations to set your goals of work and education. The finding out step is to explore the careers, education fields as well as determine your weakness to have variety of options whether in career or learning areas.... [tags: skills, decisions, education]
765 words (2.2 pages)
- Options for Retirement The majority of people age 65 or older in the United States are still working in full time positions. This opens the question if they planned for retirement, or what if anything went wrong while working. How do they feel about still having to work. Have they taken proper steps in preparing for retirement. Are they only working to pass time. These are the questions that everyone should be asking themselves about their own retirement plans, and what they have done to financially prepare for that stage in their life.... [tags: 40 K plan, retirees, age 65]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- A Goal-Oriented Action Plan for a Higher Education Learner I have obtained an adjunct-faculty position within the pharmacy technician program at Fortis College. Becoming an instructor and delving into higher education was not my original plan. However, this opportunity allows me to exercise my best skills, inspiring and teaching. Obtaining a master’s degree in Higher Education with specialization in Leadership and Administration will improve my teaching abilities and grant access to administrative roles within my current institution.... [tags: time management, internships, graduate]
790 words (2.3 pages)
- The definition of career is, progress or general course of action of a person through life, as in some profession or undertaking. In my; life-long goals, I plan to become a thoroughly educated defense lawyer, and I aspire to become an entrepreneur. But before I can do any of these things, I plan to go to a prestigious college, to attain all my degrees. When I become a lawyer in my future, I plan to be the best, because I strive to be a role model to many young people around the world, a leader, and a great success.... [tags: college, law, jobs]
476 words (1.4 pages)
- Those in the medical field not only treat our physical illnesses, but go far beyond that by helping us to face the personal and emotional challenges that we may also face. This became apparent to me at a very young age as I struggled with Adrenal Fatigue.Though I had visited many qualified doctors, none could diagnose this until my teen years. This made a big impact on my childhood, causing me to lose consciousness due to small triggers. It was both frightening and incomprehensible for my parents watching me lose consciousness in seconds, yet to the health professionals that I had come in contact with, I was the picture of perfect health.... [tags: Medicine, Medical school, Physician]
1451 words (4.1 pages)
- The final phase of a well designed and systematic orientation program is to develop the training and mentoring needs of the current sales staff along with the acquired team from EnviroTech. The first step in managing a new training and mentoring program is to determine the training needs and set objectives for these needs. During the initial assessment phase of the program, it is necessary to outline the goals that the management team feels is necessary to improve the effectiveness of the sales team as well as develop a process to work more effectively.... [tags: Business Strategy Management]
1248 words (3.6 pages)
- Leadership the action of leading a person or organization. For me leadership is a relationship. Leadership development is the ongoing process I need to use in order to become a successful leader. Over the years I have gathered leadership traits from those I looked up to, there was plenty to learn and still more to learn today. The biggest leadership influence on me is from the Chiefs at my current unit, Coast Guard Aviation Technical Training Center. If you asked me about my leadership philosophy this time last year the result would be quite different from the leader I am today.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Leadership development]
1198 words (3.4 pages)
- I was born in Ecuador, but I have lived most of my life in the United States. To me higher education was an abstract dream due to the increasing tuition cost of universities and limited financial aid available to Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (D.A.C.A) students. I knew where I stood in American society as a D.A.C.A, first-generation and low-income student. Thus, my commitment to work with education-related issues is the result of my personal, academic, and professional journey. It’s my belief that children deserve a quality education regardless of their economic background.... [tags: Higher education, Education]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- “The gaps of GAPS analysis help leadership practitioners identify high priority development needs...,” (Hughes, Ginnett, & Curphy 2012). The gaps of this analysis are the spaces in-between each step (Hughes et al., 2012). To bridge these gaps, a development plan should be constructed (Hughes et al., 2012). “A good development plan is like a road map: it clearly identifies the final destination, lays out the steps or interim check points, builds in regular feedback to keep people on track, identifies when additional resources are needed, and builds in reflection time so people can periodically review progress and determine whether an alternative route is needed,” (Hughes et al., 2012).... [tags: road map, feedback, resources, reflection]
783 words (2.2 pages)
- Imagine a person has hopes of landing their dream job and is applying for a position at a very successful company. They have more than enough qualifications but for some reason do not get the job simply because the company had to hire a woman or minority to satisfy its policy. What policy you may ask, born to the civil rights movement three decades ago, affirmative action calls for minorities and women to be given special consideration in employment and education. Affirmative action is one of the many problems with today’s society and should not be allowed to be used in any situation.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1451 words (4.1 pages)