Key words: biomass, briquette, productivity, sustainable energy
India is predominantly an agricultural country. Once the grains and other food items are harvested out a good percentage of the crop residues are used as animal feed, firewood and a lot of consumer products made to be sold in the market. In spite of these uses a high percentage of crop residues are still being burnt in the fields without an...
... middle of paper ...
...anchez-Lopez, Design and evaluation of an extruder to convert crop residues to animal feed, Bio systems Engineering 100 (2008) 66 – 78.
 I. Neethi Manickam , Dr. D. Ravindran & Dr. P. Subramanian, Biomass Densification Methods and Mechanism, Cogeneration & Distributed Generation Journal, 21:4 (2006), 33-45.
 K. Demirbas & A. Sahin-Demirbas,Compacting of Biomass for Energy Densification, Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects, 31:12, 1063-1068, (2009).
 S.C. Bhattacharya, M. Augustus Leon and Md. Mizanur Rahman, A Study on Improved Biomass Briquetting, Energy Program, School of Environment, Resources and Development Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand.
 Ayhan Demirbas and Ayse Sahin, Evaluation of biomass residue 1. Briquetting waste paper and wheat straw
Mixtures, Fuel Processing Technology 55 (1998) 175–183.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- HUB AND SPOKES MODEL In this model we propose a two stage hub and spokes model consisting of a large scale biomass consumer like biomass power plant as the centre and it is surrounded by m number of briquetting plants. Each briquetting plant acts as a centre in turn and surrounded by n number of biomass collection centers. The biomass collection centers acts as buying agents and send the raw material to the biomass briquetting plants where they are stored, processed, packed and sent to biomass power plant.... [tags: environmental solutions, energy efficiency]
1062 words (3 pages)
- ... The experimental details are given in table 1. Table 1 Experimental details for Eutectrode 700 coated screw The same kind of trials are repeated with screws coated with VAUTID 302 which is a tungsten carbide electrode and its coating increased life of screw to more than 10 hrs. The same type of mould with Eutechtrode 700 was used in this trial but replaced along with the second screw replacement. Readings were taken for 4 trials to keep the total duration similar to that of first set. The next set of trials with planned stoppages was also conducted for 4 trials in the similar way and the readings tabulated.... [tags: ine, screw, process]
646 words (1.8 pages)
- Biomass is a biological material derived from living, or recently living organisms. In the context of biomass for energy this is often used to mean plant based materials, but biomass can equally apply to both animal and vegetable derived material. Biomass is considered to be one of the key renewable resources of the future at both small and large scale levels. It already supplies fourteen percent of the world’s primary energy consumption. Growing Biomass is a rural, labor-intensive activity, and can, therefore, create jobs in rural areas and help stem rural to urban migration.... [tags: biomass, renewable resource, organic]
634 words (1.8 pages)
- ... A number of milling processes (ball milling, two-roll milling, hammer milling, colloid milling and vibro energy milling) can be used to enhance the enzymatic hydrolysis of lignocelullosic materials (Taherzadehand Karimi, 2008). The power necessity of this pretreatment is comparitively high. Considering, the high-energy requirements and the soaring energy prices, this process is not economically feasible (Hendriksand Zeeman, 2009). Extrusion Extrusion process is aninnovative and assuring technique for ethanol production.... [tags: lignocellulosic biomass, pretreatment]
1330 words (3.8 pages)
- ... The heating process is needed to eliminate moisture and volatile matters and to melt the lignin content in the raw material which acts like a binder. The quality of briquettes produced justifies the use of skilled labor. Due to high wear rate of screw and mould particularly the screw which have very short life about 4 to 15 hrs  there are regular stoppages of production, reconstruction of tools and wastage of output.Research works are going on all over the world in designing compact briquetting machines, producing smaller diameter (35mm) briquettes  to make it suitable for gasification, improving the life of screw, using waste briquettes to heat the raw material and mould and to... [tags: power, applications, densification]
732 words (2.1 pages)
Categorization of Biomass Material, Pollution Forming mechanism and Health Impacts in Developing Countries.
- Introduction Biomass energy is important renewable source of energy that is derived from either living or organisms that were in existence recently. This energy source is used in dual purposes; to be used directly with the process of combustion to produce heat or through indirect means after its conversion into different forms of biofuels. The focus of our project would be usage of Biomass energy through mainly combustion process in the developing world. In this region biomass is the primary source of domestic energy supplying approximately over 70% of the energy consumed (Ndiema, Mpendazoe and Williams, 1997).... [tags: Biomass Energy, Renewable Source of Energy]
2493 words (7.1 pages)
- Analyze Waste and Labor Productivity through Work Sampling 1 Analyze Waste and Labor Productivity through Work Sampling 11 Construction Cost Analysis and Control BCN5626 Fall 2016 Analyze Waste and Labor Productivity through Work Sampling Emmanuel Paraisy Table of Content Abstract??????????????????????. page 3 Introduction?????????????????????. page 4 Literature Review???????????????????page 4 Work Sampling???????????????????... page 5 Lean Construction?????????????????.?. page 5 Labor Productivity and waste?????????????..... [tags: Construction, Project management, Productivity]
2470 words (7.1 pages)
- A trade union is an organization, which is made up of workers who are permanent, or temporary formed to protect and improve the rights at their workplace and to enhance their status in society (Huat, 2007). In these days, trade union become key developmental agents in society and gains a lot of interest in relation to productivity because strong existence of trade union can give an industrial peace. What roles can trade union play in promoting productivity. As many of organizations go to globalization, the rapid changes in technology, and increasing market, organizations have to be competitive.... [tags: globalization, uniorism,promoting productivity]
901 words (2.6 pages)
- A portion of growing energy needs of India can be satisfied by utilizing the biomass residues generated by the agricultural activities and growing energy plantations in wastelands. Using this biomass does not violate any climate or sustainability ethics and could generate rural employment. Due to any sort of energy crisis if large scale demand for biomass develops, instead of waste biomass, the greeneries currently being used as fodder and other inputs used in rural industries might be diverted.... [tags: environmental solutions, energy efficiency]
1275 words (3.6 pages)
- PRO- As we have discussed in the previous sections that information technology is making its mark into a number of field. We can see the impact of information technology in many fields. We will now see how information technology has been effective in a number of sectors and how each sector has benefitted from IT. 1. Financial Sector Financial sector has evolved rapidly over a period of time and its one of the areas of economy that has benefitted the most from Information Technology. Consider 40-50 years back all the records has been kept in the thick ledger books.... [tags: financial sector, agriculture sector]
1207 words (3.4 pages)