The Ukraine has abundant deposits of coal in the Donets Basin. However, most of it is at enormous depths from 300 to 1200 meters below the surface. (Wikipedia, 2013) These very hazardous mining operations require special equipment in order to operate in these conditions safely. The larger SME300 Series and smaller SME200 Series continuous miners are specifically designed to operate deep under the ground in tight spaces.
Ukraine has well established manufacturing sector of mining machinery. Companies such as SIC Mining Machines and Yasinovatskiy Machine Building Plan are well-established suppliers in a region. They are marketing themselves as suppliers of affordable mining equipment. However, their machinery is not built to the latest standards with regards the serviceability, energy consumption, and personnel safety. The equipment manufactured by SME does hold up to the highest standards for the mining equipment. In addition, the modularity and interchangeability of the product parts produces allows for much more efficient exploitation of the equipment in a production environment. By meeting consumer demands for safety, environmental performance, and durability, we can to differentiate our company and our offerings from other vendors.
The combination of skimming and high-low pricing strategies will be the most appropriate for the Ukrainian market. The private mining corporations are often paying premium pricing for the equipment manufactured in Germany and Poland. There equipment shipped from outside of the country generally considered of better quality and the companies are willing to invest more capital into machinery that would deliver greater productivity and higher output between overhauls.
... middle of paper ...
The building good relations with local machinery distributors and wholesalers are essential to our promotion strategy. The distributors will receive additional savings on equipment orders.
Trade shows are very important in the mining industry. They are the place for experts to meet with national and international companies, to learn about latest innovations within industry. Attending tradeshows provide unique opportunity for a strong brand building via product demonstrations, seminars, conferences and sponsorship opportunities to a targeted audience of qualified buyers that have come to see our equipment.
One of these shows is Ugol & Mining Ukraine. The show is occurs every 2 years in coal mining capital Donetsk. Over the years Ugol & Mining Ukraine has become a regular meeting point for the industry. The next one scheduled for September 2-5, 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Abstract With time, direct marketing has become increasingly popular in academics and the corporate sector. This is mainly due to the increasingly competitive marketing where most if not all companies are willing to take any profitable measure in terms of marketing, the advancement of technology and the changes in the general customer behavior that has, to date, been hard to predict. With many studies being conducted to explore the dimensions of direct marketing, the topic is yet not fully understood.... [tags: Marketing, Sales, Data mining, Customer service]
734 words (2.1 pages)
- If anyone has watched the news in the last year, I am sure they have heard something about Ukraine and Russia. This is not the first time these two countries have been in the news. According to a recent article about Ukraine’s history published by BBC News, Ukraine is a fairly new country. Ukraine was a part of Russia until the end 1991when Ukraine voted to become independent from Russia (“Ukraine Profile – Timeline”). This separation from Russia made Ukraine the second largest country in all of Europe (“Ukraine Profile – Overview”).... [tags: Ukraine Crisis Essays]
2614 words (7.5 pages)
- Mining industry has been the anchor of South Australia’s economy and, benefits it has provided outweigh whichever associated costs. As developed by the South Australian State Government (2013), “realising the benefits of the mining boom for all” is one of the seven strategic priorities to secure the state’s future. Mining is an important industry in South Australia because it has been a major source of minerals for the high demand in Australia and many countries (Flinders Ranges Research n.d.). This industry plays a vital part in advantaging the state in terms of economic – profits and job opportunities; social – more skilled workers and population growth in the outback; political – good sta... [tags: economy, mining, employment, GSP]
984 words (2.8 pages)
- Data Mining is a powerful tool that is designed to gather large sets of data at incredible speed and analyze them. Most companies use this tool to better understand their customer’s habits as well as their interests. Advertisers love this tool because it allows unprecedented amount of access to information. Most people are unaware that their data is being mined, bundled, and sold by a company to third party advertisers in order to make targeted ads more effective. This is a problematic practice because users are unaware that in most social media sites such as Facebook, this tool is used (Jessica Reyman “User Data on the Social Web: Authorship, Agency, and Appropriation”).... [tags: Data Mining Essays]
1512 words (4.3 pages)
- The Impacts of Coal Mining “America the beautiful, for amber waves of grain, for purple mountains majesties, above the fruited plain” (Bates, 1893). These words written by poet Katherine Lee Bates in 1893 offered her view of America and the landscapes that stretched out before her. At the same time Kathrine was experiencing visions that inspired her to write America the Beautiful, The United States was in the middle of experiencing The Industrial Revolution. The Industrial Revolution was largely responsible for the role it played in the utilization of coal.... [tags: Coal, Natural gas, Coal mining]
1055 words (3 pages)
- Data mining software Data mining has the potential to give businesses a competitive edge in Customer Relationship Management. Organizations use methods such as complex algorithms, artificial intelligence, and statistics to mine meaningful patterns from large sets of data. These patterns can then be utilized to do a number of things including targeting customers by predicting future behavior and learning more about present behavior. One widely accepted model is the Cross-Industry Standard Process for Data Mining (CRISP-DM) which has six phases: business understanding, data understanding, data preparation, model building, testing and evaluation, and deployment.... [tags: Data mining, Customer relationship management]
839 words (2.4 pages)
- Appalachia, a vast, beautiful panoply of lush green mountains. At least, most of the thin line of peaks that make up the Appalachian Mountains used to be that way. Currently, the continued spread of a method of coal extraction known as mountaintop removal mining has plagued areas of the eastern United States, mainly including the state of West Virginia. Throughout its increasing stages of implementation, mountaintop removal mining has caused numerous hampering effects, including causing serious harm to nearby residents, and polluting a once-pure environment.... [tags: Mining]
1273 words (3.6 pages)
- Mining is a necessary component of the world we live in and it has been practiced for thousands of years. The mining industry produces billions of tons of raw product every year. The process of mining is very complicated and involves plenty of physics. Two main components of the mine cycle are: Drilling, and Blasting. Some important factors in mining are the pillars, rock elasticity, and the slope stability of the ground being mined. A basic method for destroying rock is mechanically induced stress, such as drills and erosion jets.... [tags: physics mining miner]
799 words (2.3 pages)
- Mining Pollution Debate Summary Though it has had many negative impacts on the environment in the past, mining is a vital industry completely necessary to our economy and lives. Nearly every item we use or encounter in our day to day lives is mined or contains mined products. Without the excavation of such materials things like computers, televisions, large building structures, electricity, and cars would not be possible. Virtually every technological and medical advance uses minded materials, without which millions would suffer.... [tags: Mining Argumentative Persuasive Papers]
1513 words (4.3 pages)
- All over the world are different locations where you can find this precious jewel, Africa being the main location. How do we get diamonds out of the earth you ask. By MINING them!!. The definition of Mining is the act, process, or work of removing ores, coal, etc. from a mine, glacial deposit, etc. Physical Properties of a Diamond Hardness: Diamond is a perfect "10", defining the top of the hardness scale Clarity: Diamond is transparent over a larger range of wavelengths more than any other mineral Thermal Conductivity: Diamond conducts heat better than any other mineral Melting Point: 3820 degrees Kelvin (the highest) Lattice Density: Diamond atoms are pac... [tags: Mine Mining Techniques Diamonds]
484 words (1.4 pages)