Schedule Management Plan
Project schedules for the Project starting with the deliverables will be identified in the project’s Work Breakdown Structure (WBS). Activity definition will identify the specific work packages which must be performed to complete each deliverable. Activity sequencing will be used to determine the order of work packages and assign relationships between project activities. Activity duration estimating will be used to calculate the number of work periods required to complete work packages. Resource estimating will be used to assign resources to work packages in order to complete schedule development. Once a preliminary schedule has been developed, it will be reviewed by the project team and any resources tentatively assigned to project tasks. The project team and resources must agree to the proposed work package assignments, durations, and s...
... middle of paper ...
...deliverable. If any changes are proposed and approved by the Project Sponsor and CCB, the Project Co-ord is responsible for communicating the changes to the project team and updating all project plans and documentation. Quality assurance for the SpagBridge Project will ensure that all processes used in the completion of the project meet acceptable quality standards. These process standards are in place to maximize project efficiency and minimize waste. For each process used throughout the project, the Project Co-ord will track and measure quality against the approved standards with the assistance of the Quality Specialists and ensure all quality standards are met. If any changes are proposed and approved by the Project Sponsor and CCB, the Project Co-ord is responsible for communicating the changes to the project team and updating all project plans and documentation.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Project Procurement Management Project Procurement Management is defined by the Project Management Institute (PMI) (2013) as a set of defined processes that support the acquisition of products, services, or results. The success or failure of a project is accredited to the project team’s ability to balance scope, schedule, and cost constraints. The need for procurement management increases the project’s level of complexity and likelihood of risks. Moreover, the procurement management processes are a project within a project.... [tags: Procurement, Project management]
1364 words (3.9 pages)
- After the initial planning is completed on a project, there are various elements that will need to be developed in order for the endeavor to run smoothly. Two important areas include procurement and change management plans. The development of both segments are essential because of the inherent risks both pose to the successful completion of the undertaking. Other are of concern for the Rocky Mountain Lions Eye Bank (RMLEB) are the ethical standards in which the project will be accomplished and the integration of the international component within the organization.... [tags: Project management, Management, Procurement]
1589 words (4.5 pages)
- PROCUREMENT AND CONTRACT MANGEMENT: GREEN PROCUREMENT How the procurement process can be implement procurement within the construction project to reduce the costs in the project life cycle Project life cycle (construction) A typical building project life cycle operates through different stages, and these stages may include; the initiation and design stages, construction stage and commission stage (The Federal Transit Administration, 2007, p.1-6). The initiation and design stage are the first stages that building project life cycle starts with (The Federal Transit Administration, 2007, p1-6).... [tags: Construction, Project management, Project]
920 words (2.6 pages)
- Processes | Procurement | Warehouse Overview Synchronize the procurement of distribution to ensure that customer delivery requirements are met whilst achieving efficient transport operations. Typical activities included in this sub-dimension are - Contract Management and Compliance; Invoice and Payment Process; Performance Management. Assessment Questions Select the maturity level that best describes the warehouse procurement process. * LEVEL 1: Significant proportion of total warehouse and 3PL sourcing occurs outside of procurement management or influence.... [tags: Procurement, Contract, Management]
1561 words (4.5 pages)
- In today’s economy, most organizations are expecting employees to deliver more, faster, and with fewer resources. Procuring the necessary goods and services essential in order to enable a successful business’s employees to meet these expectations, is paramount (Hopkins & Howe, 2014). Therefore, the procurement role has become in high demand, and extremely mobile, allowing for the specialization needed, and a long-term career, to keep businesses contending (Hopkins & Howe, 2014). While an employee may become an expert in the field of procurement, the requirements to comply with proposal processes, being as fair and transparent as possible, does require some institutional knowledge, and the de... [tags: Supply chain management, Procurement, Case study]
1066 words (3 pages)
- One of the lessons I have carried from this course as a project manager is that project management success in an organization is highly dependent on an effective organizational communication style, especially in the face of globalization of the project management profession. Organizational communications capabilities have great influence on how projects are conducted. As as a consequence, project managers in distant locations are able to more effectively communicate with relevant stakeholders within the organizational structure to facilitate decision making.... [tags: Project management, Management, Procurement]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- The purpose of determining requirements of procurement is that in this stage of the planning we decide on the direction we want the project to take. Important decisions need to be made regarding the resourcing of tasks, using internal capabilities or to procure those resources externally. When we are resourcing we are looking for the best way to get the work ahead completed. Using internal capabilities means that we use the resources that we already have to complete the work ahead and to procure resources externally means that we search for a supplier that will complete the work ahead to a satisfactory quality and schedule for an agreed cost.... [tags: Project management, Contract, Procurement]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- This paper examines the legal aspects of procurement management and specifically how procurement management can be used as an effective tool for the overall management of a project. This paper focuses on the basics of common contract laws, the basics of agency law, the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), and some aspects of that pertain to the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR). A summation of the company’s position in relation to a given supplier (provided the company decides not to procure all of the material in a contract) will be examined along with how that position is strengthened by understanding the legal aspects of procurement management.... [tags: Project Management]
1764 words (5 pages)
- This paper will focus on the concepts of project procurement management and the impacts it can have on the overall success of a project. The paper contains four sections, which focus on a few major tentacles of project procurement management. Section one, describes in detail all of the components that are involved with project procurement management. Section two, summarizes the major project procurement processes, which the Project Management Institute (PMI) view as appropriate for successful execution of projects.... [tags: Business Management ]
1849 words (5.3 pages)
- 1.0 Introduction To select a suitable procurement strategy for a construction project, there are some issues which need to consider. From all of those issues, there are 3 big issues that mainly affect the selection decision which are time, cost and quality. There is several type of procurement strategy available in market that commonly used for construction project and each of the common method will be analyze and compare to find the most appropriate method for this project. The choice of procurement strategy is very important to the success of a construction project.... [tags: Construction Procurement]
1188 words (3.4 pages)
- Teens Should Play Violent Video Games
- Transformational Leadership Theory : Leadership Development Course
- The Walk Two Moon Books
- Analysis Of Donald Trump 's ' Mr. President Is Nothing More Than A Business Meeting?
- Should Euthanasia Be Legalized?
- Graceling Is The First Book Of Gracling Realm Series Of Three Books