Children do not have the right to consent to a sexual because they are young and do not have the knowledge to understand what is going on. They will understand once they get older there is no guarantee that it will not affect them mental. This also could cause them to become a perpetrator when they get older. There is no guarantee that this will happen if they get help when they are younger because someone could explain as to them that it was not there fault. Our society does see this as wrong that doesn’t mean they know a whole lot about it...
... middle of paper ...
...is the main people that suffer are the children. More than we as adults could imagine, well unless you work with them on a daily basis. That does not mean that we can’t try and help them there has to be a way. Sure they end up with a mental disability when they are older, but all they are going to get is counseling this is not going to make them forget what happened to them. They are going to remember it for the rest of their lives. That is nothing that we can change as a society.
All of this could be prevented in some way it would take time, but it can be prevented. This is not going to change how we see sexual child abuse. This is just going to give us a better understand of how we can help them and what we can do to prevent this to happen in the future. That does not mean all the information that we do have is helping those that have been victimized as a child.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The problems regarding child sexual abuse in our society is an important and continuing concern. This abuse affects children and young teens every year. This type of abuse occurs more frequently than it is being reported. One of the reasons it is not being reported because the victim or the child involved is too afraid to tell anyone. This issue needs to be addressed and more programs and laws need to be put into effect to prevent this maltreatment. A broad definition for child sexual abuse is both direct genital contact and indirect interactions such as exposure or internet based activity.... [tags: Child abuse, Human sexual behavior]
1511 words (4.3 pages)
- Due to the complexity and enormity of the problems faced by adolescent runaways it is almost impossible to overstate the myriad of negative forces that place pressure upon the youth. Sexual and physical abuse is prevalent among runaway youth, as well as substance abuse, victimization, mental health problems and problems with the juvenile justice system (Rohr, 1996). These problems are frequently seen in many facets of the youth population; however, the runaway population is often forced to face these issues without a stable home or place to stay.... [tags: Suicide, Mental disorder, Child abuse, Abuse]
1100 words (3.1 pages)
- There are so many things that I have never found really interesting to me or at least something that could make me want to try and change it. I still don’t understand why people want to hurt kids. This is not something that should be a norm in our culture, but it is. This should be changed instead of just letting it happen sure it is going to be hard to charge, but there are still things that we can do to help kids that have gone through it and their parents. It also does depend on who abused them then they can go to jail.... [tags: Human sexual behavior, Sexual intercourse]
933 words (2.7 pages)
- While there are many obstacles children will have to overcome in their lifetime to grow and be successful, there has been one hardship that a rapidly increasing amount of children will have to overcome. This hardship is child abuse. Thousands of children across the globe from infants to teenagers are seriously injured and killed due to abuse, every year. According to U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Children’s Bureau, there has been a general increase in reported cases of child abuse and neglect.... [tags: Child abuse, Human sexual behavior]
1675 words (4.8 pages)
- This paper is about how to deal with or counsel children who have been sexually abused, and the long term effects from sexual abuse that children may develop from this kind of abuse. This paper will consist of a counseling model that is sufficient, effective, and necessary when dealing with children who have been sexually abused. In this paper, gender is targeted most in sexual abuse, and why most children are unaware of sexual abuse coming. Also, being discussed is the different types of sexual abuse children can endure and why their abusers might choose them.... [tags: Child abuse, Child sexual abuse]
2184 words (6.2 pages)
- Has your child admitted that someone in their life has sexually abused them, and you aren’t sure where to turn. It doesn’t matter if the abuser was a public caretaker or figure, or if the incident happened privately, you need legal protection and a legal consultation right away. Children are the most vulnerable to be abused between the ages of 7-13 years, but sexual abuse can happen to any child at any age and is a problem that can get overlooked. As children, 1 in 5 girls will experience sexual abuse, and 1 in 20 boys will be victims.... [tags: Child abuse, Child sexual abuse]
814 words (2.3 pages)
- According to Tabachnick (1997), Stop It Now. Vermont targeted adult sexual abusers, people at risk for abusing, friends and families of both groups and parents of adolescents with sexual behaviors. The program developed a confidential help-line where individuals can call and receive advice, as well as getting connected to the appropriate professional to get assistance. It used the media to reach out to the public to make them aware of how big this issue is and how many lives are affected by child sexual abuse.... [tags: Child abuse, Sexual abuse]
750 words (2.1 pages)
- 9. Discuss two of the most egregious forms of child abuse and neglect. What could be possible solutions to this problem. I find that the two most severe forms of child abuse and neglect are child sexual abuse and child fatality. Child sexual abuse refers to sexual acts, sexually motivated behaviors involving children, or sexual exploitation of children. Child sexual abuse includes but is not limited to oral penetration, anal penetration, genital penile penetration, fondling a child’s breasts or buttocks, indecent exposure, and use of a child for prostitution or pornography.... [tags: Child abuse, Abuse, Domestic violence]
1639 words (4.7 pages)
- Childhood, it is known to be one of the happiest stages in human life, where one can be considered to be innocent from knowing any evil, yet what if that innocence was taken away by someone else. Sexual abuse in children is not something new, it has been going on for years, and now in the U.S it has been increasing more and more and the year progress. Everyday many children suffer the traumatic events in their life such as a sexual abused and are robbed from their innocence. As this epidemic continuous to spread around the world many children are left with mental problems that children carry through their adulthood.... [tags: Abuse, Mental disorder, Bullying, Child abuse]
736 words (2.1 pages)
- Childhood sexual abuse, as defined by the Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act (CAPTA, 1996), includes using persuasion, enticement, and other inducements to coerce a child to engage in sexually explicit conduct or simulation of sexual acts. Survivors of sexual abuse frequently have a legacy of both psychological and physical problem throughout life. There has been considerable literature published in the past 20 years focusing on the long-term consequences of childhood sexual abuse. Survivors cannot be stereotyped.... [tags: Ethical Issues, Sexual Trauma, Depression]
1005 words (2.9 pages)
- Graduation Speech : A Mentorship Program
- The Conflict Between Antigone And Creon, King Of Thebes, And The Struggle Between Men And Women
- A Brief Note On The Physician Patient Relationship
- Childhood Obesity And Its Effects On Children
- The World 's Trade Routes
- The Articles Of Confederation Established A Weak National Government And Strong State Governments