... middle of paper ...
... popularity of online dating continues to grow every day and will most probably grow towards the future. We live in the digital age. New technologies are being pushed out everyday to improve everyday life. There may even be a point where traditional social interaction and dating methods will become a rarity. Although online dating has provided users with a unique way to meet others, online dating’s lack of privacy, security, credibility, present the risk of emotional and physical danger to it’s users. There is no way to eliminate online dating from society, but there are ways to minimize the dangers it presents. Hopefully through adding safety features to websites, and raising awareness on the dangers of online dating, we can make a safer online dating website experience for people everywhere, to keep predators like Jeffrey Marsalis away from the online dating world.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There is no way to eliminate internet dangers completely, but there are ways to significantly reduce them. People continuously lie on their online dating profiles to make themselves more attractive to others. With the security feature of background checks this problem would be eliminated. Jeffrey Marsalis was able to present himself online as a fireman, trauma surgeon, and even an astronaut; this would not be possible if all online dating websites provided background checks on his information (Peters).... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Online identity]
1297 words (3.7 pages)
- On a Tuesday evening you were off work and decided to download the latest dating app your friends would not stop talking about. You tell yourself you have nothing better to do and had no plans that night, so how bad could it really be. Within 30 minutes you are already matching others, some of which you considered to be out of your league, but you take it as a compliment and message a few people. Things lead to another and you go on a date after talking to a guy for a week. Yes, a week. Online dating has increased in popularity over the past decade and some would argue this is the new and improved way to find your Prince Charming, while others feel there are too many barriers are risks invol... [tags: Online dating service, EHarmony, Online dating]
1644 words (4.7 pages)
- ... The TV show inspired hundreds of individuals to share their own catfish story through the reality show revealing the different reasons why a person would disguise themselves as someone else to start a romantic relationship. Take for instance Catfish, episode 9 of season 2, a man named Justin created a fake Facebook profile for his female alter ego, Jess, and used his female persona to start an online relationship with Artis, a married man of three children.The couple have never spoken over the phone, never skyped and Jess has only sent one picture of her.... [tags: Facebook, Instant messaging]
947 words (2.7 pages)
- Have you ever tried to date someone online before. In America, online dating is becoming popular, 66% of online daters have gone on a date with someone who they met online, and 23% of them have actually met their spouses. In “Online Dating Odds Getting Better”, Katherine P. Harvey describes the improvements of online dating services in matchmaking industry. More people are able to find their mate through online dating. Most of the profits made by dating companies come from online and mobile dating services provide a lot of creative services.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
917 words (2.6 pages)
- ... Online dating encourages the alteration of the romantic acquaintance process. Before online dating existed, dating consisted of meeting a future partner through friends, family, work, or just a random run-in. Because of this face-to-face contact and conversation, it was easy to recognize attractive traits such as rapport, sense of humor, politeness or rudeness, and basic overall personality (Finkel, Eastwick, Karney, Reis, & Sprecher, 2012). Now that online dating is taking over these traits are almost always overlooked and almost every form of communication available on online dating sites is geared toward short, non-intimate communication.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Online identity]
853 words (2.4 pages)
- The Business The first large scale computer dating system, The Scientific Marriage Foundation, was established in 1957 by Dr. George W. Crane. Since internet dating has grown by leaps and bounds. One study suggested that over one third of all marriages in 2008 started online. In 2012 internet dating sites brought in over $1.2 billion. The largest online dating site, eHarmony, has over 29 million users. Men and women who use these sites are known to stretch the truth when it comes to their weight and height.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
715 words (2 pages)
- Noted Pop-Culture comedian Aziz Ansari, with the assistance of New York University Sociologist Eric Klinenberg, attempts to make sense of the current dating environment in his new book Modern Romance. By employing elements of humor, historical reference, and contemporary sociological techniques, the authors present both the advantages and disadvantages of the search for love and happiness in the new millennium. This paradox is exemplified by the question of whether or not we are better off now, with more choices in our lives, than we were seventy five years ago.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Love]
1530 words (4.4 pages)
- Online Dating Some people today feel they cannot meet someone in their everyday lives so they turn to the internet to find a prospective partner, people us the internet as a way of meeting new people Online dating has become the new way of finding your soul mate The internet has made dating more convenient you no longer to have to go out to a bar and spend money trying to impress or you really don’t have, for people who are shy this is the perfect way to screen a potential in the privacy. I thought I would never talk to someone online nor consider being in a relationship statistics predict more than 100,000 marriages take place through the internet, caution is needed all websites are not saf... [tags: profiles, internet, e-mails]
865 words (2.5 pages)
- According to the nearest statistic, 11% of American prefers to date online (Dockterman, 2013). However, this result doesn’t mean people satisfy their daters. There are still some risks when people date online like being deceptive. There are some examples about the deceptive. A woman finds appropriate daters online, and they decided to hang out in a specific time. However, when she actually met him, she found that he was 4 inches shorter than the picture and balding. Another example is from my friend, he was searching appropriate daters online.... [tags: Online dating service, EHarmony, Date, Dating]
1700 words (4.9 pages)
- In the very unique industry of online dating, an e-business must use many marketing tools and techniques to catch the eyes of the business's audience. If the e-business is for some reason unable to accomplish this, the online dating sight will not last long. This section will discuss the marketing tools and techniques used by e-businesses in the online dating industry. There will also be a rating of the three most common online dating networks, rating many areas of the site from ease of use to customer service accessibility.... [tags: Business Marketing]
1045 words (3 pages)