2. On the right side of the line, translate the Victim statements into the words of a Creator.
1. If they’d do something about the parking on campus, I wouldn’t be late so often.
I am having difficulties finding parking on campus in time for my class, I will leave 15 minutes earlier to find parking so I won’t be late.
2. I’m failing my online class because the site is impossible to navigate.
I am failing my online class because I do not understand how to navigate through the site
3. I’m too shy to ask questions in class even when I’m confused.
I am so shy but I really need to ask questions because I am so confused in class. I will schedule an appointment to meet with my professor or stay after class to ask my questions.
4. She’s a lousy instructor. That’s why I failed the first test.
I am failing my class because the instructor’s teaching style is difficult for me to understand, so I will read the text and assignments more closely and visit the tutor center once a week.
5. I hate group projects because people are lazy and I always end up doing most of the work.
I am hestitant working with others for a group project because I feel I do more than my share of the work. To avoid this situation I will communicate with my partners often. If the work is not being done I will contact my professor right away to find a solution. If I do the work myself, I will acknowledge it as my choice.
6. I wish I could write better, but I just can’t.
I know I can be a better writer, I spend more time writing, go to the writing lab often, and make appointment...
... middle of paper ...
...to address the reasons for my eating problems. Since I am not willing to do the work right now, I know I will most likely not be losing the weight for a while.
I would like to learn to speak as a Creator. It would give me the power to accomplish anything I set my mind to. I think I have developed a better mindset over the years, so I can see what it is to be a Creator. To take the final step I have to push through my discomfort. I think it would be beneficial to stop and breathe before the Victim has a chance to jump in. Calming myself would give me the time to alter my reaction and crush the Victim thoughts before they surface. Most of all, I will practice daily. The one thing I have learned is habits are difficult to break. It will take effort and repetitive behavior to change my train of thought. I can make the change and will work daily to be a Creator.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- When I started this program, I was worried I would not be able to do an online course. This is the first online college course that I’ve ever taken. On top of this course, I have been taking five other classes and have been very involved in other activities. However, I’ve worked hard to keep up and improve my writing skills. Every day that I’m able to use a computer, I sign into Moodle. When I’m not around a computer, I work on the paper or assignments that are due for that day. In this paper, I will review my first paper in this course compared to the writing skills I have established now.... [tags: paper, problem, quality, skills]
596 words (1.7 pages)
- On a Tuesday evening you were off work and decided to download the latest dating app your friends would not stop talking about. You tell yourself you have nothing better to do and had no plans that night, so how bad could it really be. Within 30 minutes you are already matching others, some of which you considered to be out of your league, but you take it as a compliment and message a few people. Things lead to another and you go on a date after talking to a guy for a week. Yes, a week. Online dating has increased in popularity over the past decade and some would argue this is the new and improved way to find your Prince Charming, while others feel there are too many barriers are risks invol... [tags: Online dating service, EHarmony, Online dating]
1644 words (4.7 pages)
- My Math Experience My first semester in college didn’t go so great that’s because I had problems with my math class. For me math was always a big problem I had to deal with. It seems that I always had to study longer and harder than anyone else. So that’s why I made the decision to drop my math class last semester and take a virtual math instead this semester. Since I have had the opportunity to take a classroom based math and virtual math I’ve seen the differences in both courses. Making the move from a classroom to a virtual class I have notice a change in teaching methods.... [tags: math experience, virtual class]
530 words (1.5 pages)
- Technology and globalization have increased accessibility and openness to higher education. However, with the amplified number of opportunities come with some uncertainties. In the past few years, the concept of online or distance learning has prolonged to include a growing number of Massive Online Open Courses (MOOCs), free higher education courses open for enrollment for any user with the internet connection regardless of the device (as most MOOCs are available to support multi-platforms). MOOCs are a recent trend in distance learning promoted by several prestigious universities especially in North America and the UK.... [tags: online learning, distance learning]
1341 words (3.8 pages)
- Technology and Educational Problem Technology is one of the greatest things ever made in our society bringing us things like phones online tutors and even more. Some students tend to use technology to help them with the problems they do not really understand in the subject that they really struggle in like math or science. There is also a bad side to technology because many student use their phones more than they car about there process of learning. This can be a big problem to the students of the 21st century, because their education can be neutralized because of technology.... [tags: Education, Problem solving, Technology]
1910 words (5.5 pages)
- “Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education…The human mind is our fundamental resource” (Kennedy, 1961). If our mind is a fundamental resource as President Kennedy would suggest and our progress as a nation is tied to the progress in our education, does this mean that online education can enhance or even speed up our progress. Perception of online learning is a varied one, based on conversations with individuals at different social-economic levels. “Online delivery of courses have become increasing popular due to several advantages for both education institutions and the students in terms of flexibility in scheduling” (Lu, 2012, p.... [tags: Education, Online Courses, Schooling]
1577 words (4.5 pages)
- I: Introduction The period of examination on whether online learning is the way to go or not has expired. Regardless of what previous studies on online learning have found, online learning is here. The demand for it led educational organizations to adopt it. The revolution of technology facilitated implementing it. Its convenience, flexibility, and other advantages made it a favorable learning form. The existence of this learning should lead researchers to explore the factors that help in improving the quality of it rather than examining its validity.... [tags: Online Education, internet, educational research]
2075 words (5.9 pages)
- ... Regardless of the online format one chooses, online education definitely has advantages for adult learners. While discussing online education and the adult learner, it is important to consider the advantages such as reduced tuition, personalized education, flexibility, accessibility and enhanced technology, as noted by OnlineEducation.org. As opposed to traditional institutions, online schools tend to be less expensive. There is a lot less funding needed for the classroom environment, I.E. building maintenance, grounds maintenance and the like.... [tags: learning formats, advantages, disadvantages]
1700 words (4.9 pages)
- Online Education Online learning is definitely one of the newest and fastest moving industries; more and more students are opting to getting their degree this way instead of going to a land college, mostly due to the convenience of the schedule, where before a full time employee, could not fit schooling into their schedule, but they are finding out now that they can do this through the online environment, so they are utilizing this alternative way of achieving their higher education. Yet, the online environment is unlike the land college, because there is no face to face contact, so the University of Phoenix tries to make the experience as realistic as it can by: 1) providing a rEsource for... [tags: E-learning Distance learning Online]
713 words (2 pages)
- When students are deciding on where to go to college at they have the option of choosing between online classes and the traditional classroom classes. Today some students are finding it much easier to maintain a job, family and start a college career all by taking online classes. Although some students still prefer to stick with the traditional classroom classes, they still have the option to take online classes. Both online and the traditional classes will provide the educational requirements needed to obtain a college degree and opportunities in the work field.... [tags: degree, teaching, material, time, education]
893 words (2.6 pages)