The ad opens to a stage; on it there are multiple older people in their senior years. They are fully clothed; at first it is unsure what is going on. After a frame or two it becomes clear they are getting into sexual positions. It is nothing to graphic that it could not be on basic cable at night. There are over 15 positions these that happen with in 20 seconds of the ad. Words come up on the screen “In Florida alone STDs in seniors have risen 71%.3” The ad does not condemn the act of seniors having sex, it is the complete opposite. It wants them to be aware of the safety risks. At the end it shows the words, “Use a condom.3” They are trying to teach seniors they can still catch an STI or STD. To be mindful of what they are doing.
Physiologically men and women as they age their bodies change. For men it may mean not being able to rise to the occasion. Men who are unable to achieve or maintain an erection may have erectile dysfunction (ED). Sometimes there is blockage in the blood vessles.4” In “1998 the FDA approved the little blue pill, Viagra4” came onto the scene. Changing the game and how it was played for elderly men and men with ED. Before Viagra came onto the scene men had to sulk away to the shadows of their relationships. Women were quiet about what was going on behind closed doors in silence.
Women also have changes happening under their be...
... middle of paper ...
...th my wife. These elderly people maybe alone for the first time in their adult lives. They are looking for attention and comfort.
In society it may cause some elderly people discomfort to go to the doctor and ask about being sexual if they are having issues. If they are having difficultly with that going into a convince store or large retailor would be even worse. Look at 3 of the golden girls shopping for condoms. “They are placed on to display when trying to purchase them after they need a price check on the intercom.7” This is a stigma that must be placed aside.
With rising STI and STDs it is something that elderly peoples children, grandchildren, doctors, home aids, and retirement homes needs to be addressing. One thing that elderly people should worry about is contracting something that may affect their final times here on earth how ever long that maybe.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Sexual Assault in the Military The United States military is admired, scrutinized, and monitored by the public in almost every aspect possible. Generally speaking, the military has a good reputation, and the public looks up to those who are in uniform. Unfortunately, recent uncovered events involving multiple sexual assaults have in a way tarnished the public view of military members and the military as a whole. It seems as though one cannot disassociate the two words recently, as if they are paired together.... [tags: Human sexual behavior, Sexual intercourse, Rape]
2200 words (6.3 pages)
- Every semester, a student attending a college campus will have at some point experience some inappropriate, unwanted attention. There is always someone at school who tends to make someone uncomfortable, be it through eye contact, persistent advances, or just uncalled for innuendos. Of course, we do our best to ignore it, or to just report the bothersome activity, but that can only do so much without someone finding a way around such things. Someone is always going the extra mile to get what he or she wants, even if it’s at the expense of the victim.... [tags: Rape, Sexual intercourse, Victim]
756 words (2.2 pages)
- A majority of sexual assault victims cease to report their abusers. Out of the ¼ women that will be sexually assaulted in their life, only 6% of those occurrences are actually reported (Ramirez, 2016). There are plenty of reasons as to why a woman or a man would resist informing someone about an attack on him or her; embarrassment, victim blaming, fear of being attacked again, the list goes on, even to reasons we may not know of. All of these reasons that we are highly aware of bring shame upon the one suffering rather than the offender.... [tags: Rape, Sexual assault, Sexual intercourse, Abuse]
1575 words (4.5 pages)
- Prepare a Background Statement to Further Analyze the Problem The number of sexual harassment cases that are reported each year should be a wakeup call to Corporate America (cost in dollars and productivity) and a concern for society in general (moral collapse). The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) reports that from fiscal years 2010-2013, there were 30,580 reported sexual harassment claims resulting in monetary payouts of 173.9 million dollars (Sexual Harassment Charges (EEOC Only), 2014, p.1).... [tags: Bullying, Sexual harassment, Abuse, Employment]
1381 words (3.9 pages)
- The problems regarding child sexual abuse in our society is an important and continuing concern. This abuse affects children and young teens every year. This type of abuse occurs more frequently than it is being reported. One of the reasons it is not being reported because the victim or the child involved is too afraid to tell anyone. This issue needs to be addressed and more programs and laws need to be put into effect to prevent this maltreatment. A broad definition for child sexual abuse is both direct genital contact and indirect interactions such as exposure or internet based activity.... [tags: Child abuse, Human sexual behavior]
1511 words (4.3 pages)
- The US Military has been one of the most powerful and respected fighting forces in the world; it is also a hotbed for sexual assault. Each year, thousands of men and women take an oath to serve and protect their country and each thousands of military service members are sexually assaulted. “Earlier this week, Pentagon officials released a new report which estimated more than 70 sexual assaults occur in the military each day.”(Shane III) Fear of retaliation, both personal and professional, and humiliation stop many service members from reporting their sexual assaults.... [tags: Human sexual behavior, Sexual intercourse, Rape]
1059 words (3 pages)
- Sexual assault happens everyday whether people know it or not and it can happen to anyone. Sexual assault is any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without consent. It doesn’t just happen on campuses, at the mall, or even just walking down the street, it can happen almost anywhere and at anytime. Sexual harassment can happen to anybody, even people in the military get sexually assaulted more then people would expect. In the military, it usually happens with a higher ranking member assaulting the victim(lower ranking member) and the victim feels that they can’t do anything about the harassment unless they want to get into trouble for what has happened to them.... [tags: Rape, Sexual intercourse, Human sexual behavior]
889 words (2.5 pages)
- For 200 years Fraternities have been perceived as a building block for loyalty, friendship, and life time connections, yet to those who are ignorant of the Greek system across campuses remain unaware of the debauchery happening to achieve these goals. Sexual assault and harassment have become pledges ' selling point in proving such loyalty. At least 1 in 4 college women will be the victim of a sexual assault during her academic career (Hirsch), and at least 80% of all sexual assaults are committed by an acquaintance of the victim ( Bureau of Justice Statistics).... [tags: Rape, Abuse, Sexual intercourse]
702 words (2 pages)
- The Injustice of Sexual Harassment Injustices in this world infect people's lives like diseases. One in particular has not only developed over the years, but cases spring up in the most unthought of places. This injustice commonly known as sexual harassment affects women, children, and occasionally men all across the globe. There are many aspects when it comes to sexual harassment including its background, opposing viewpoints on the popular belief, the popular viewing, sexual harassment in today's society, solutions to the problem, and what the future would be like without this injustice on the world's hands.... [tags: Sexual Harassment Essays]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- In society you would never expect things such as a sexual disorder or abnormal sexual behavior to happen to an ordinary person. Abnormal sexual behavior consist of different disorders, but in order for it to be considered a disorder it must have one of the three requirements, which are bringing harm to others, persistent or recurrent distress, or impairment in important areas of functioning. When looking more in debt at sexual disorders there are many different reasons why disorders occur, from being raped to it just being genetically, you never know why a person is the way they are.... [tags: Parental Sexual Behaviors]
1162 words (3.3 pages)