The side of this argument that is pro-life would state that you are killing a human. People would state that it is human life at the beginning of conception, therefor causing the fetus to be a living thing. By law in no civilized society allows one human to knowingly harm or take a life without punishment. If the law states that you cannot take or harm a life then why should abortion be ok? People that are pro-life would argue that when you are getting an abortion you are killing a human bean that has no choice in the matter (Issues-Abortion, 2013).
Another argument that a pro-life would argue that there are other alternatives for you. There are many alternatives for people that are pregnant and do not want a child. One of the biggest alternatives that someone in that situation would be adoption. There are two common types of adoption, an open and a closed adoption. An open adoption is where the woman that is pregnant can choose the family that her baby is going to go to. When the woman then has her baby she will still be a part of the child’s li...
... middle of paper ...
...y not like. When something interferes with the pregnancy of a woman they should be able to follow through with an abortion (Edwards, 2015).
There has and will always be an argument about abortion and if abortion should be legal or not. With abortion the side that is against abortion (known as pro-life) would state that having an abortion is killing a human, there are alternatives that are better for the woman, and that following through with an abortion will later cause medical problems for the woman. The other side of the argument that is for abortion (known as pro-choice) would state that there is no medical problems with having an abortion, women should be able to keep the rights to their body even if that means aborting a fertile egg, and there are many reasons why a woman should not follow through with the pregnancy that they cannot follow through with.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction: There are three main different views of the abortion debate. Most of the debate is if the fetus is considered a human or not is the main argument. For the pro-life side of the abortion debate, they mainly say that it should be considered human. Of course the pro-choice feel just the opposite usually. I personally, consider myself to be Pro-Life because I don’t think that we have enough information on the fetus and I could never consider killing a human (or even a fetus). I feel that the parents should have taken responsibility and taken the appropriate actions such as choosing abstinence, or at least using contraceptives.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Human, Right to life]
1898 words (5.4 pages)
- In today’s society, abortion is one of the most controversial issues talked about around the world. By the age of forty-five, it is said that thirty percent of women in America will have received an abortion by some point in their life (“Abortion”). Women need to know there are many conditions to consider when having the opportunity to bring a new life into the world. Women have to be mindful of both their own health but also their child 's. Not only are health issues something to be aware of, a women should also be aware of the finical situation a child can put them in.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Childbirth, Pro-choice]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- Abortion is a very controversial subject that causes many people to acquire strong opinions. Numerous people are either for or against it and there are some who are in between. The question “are you pro-life or pro-choice?” always seems to come up around election time. All the candidates state their opinion on the subject and that seems to bring life back into the question. Not to say that there aren’t any organizations that try to either support or dissuade people from abortion day to day, but it is mainly brought up due to politics.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Pro-choice, Word]
978 words (2.8 pages)
- The Issue of Abortion: Pro-Choice or Pro-life. The murder of innocents or, a woman’s right to choose; the Pro-Life/ Pro-Choice Debate, Which side are you on. The issue of abortion has been a topic of interest not only in the medical world but also in the political and religious worlds as well. The pro-life argument states that at conception the fetus is a baby and terminating it is taking a life. The pro-choice argument states that the unborn fetus, not baby, is just a blob of tissue and your terminating a pregnancy not a child.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Pro-choice, Fetus]
1203 words (3.4 pages)
- “My body, my choice” is the primary slogan of the abortion debate. However, the debate contains two very real ideas that evoke strong feelings on both sides. On one hand, there are pro-choice activists that fight for the rights of the pregnant women. On the other hand, pro-life activists argue for the rights of the unborn child. Over the years, abortion has become one of the top subjects of controversy and has evolved into a moral, social, and medical dilemma amongst our society. No matter which side one chooses to take, abortion is a decision that should not be taken lightly.... [tags: my body, my choice, pro life]
782 words (2.2 pages)
- Pro life vs. pro choice is a very sensitive subject to argue among a crowd. A large number of advantages and disadvantages leave individuals in an uproar while explaining their stance. Views on religion, myths, and unfit mothers show different arguments to each opposing side. Alternatives to abortion and the future aspects have shown many different pieces about pro life and pro choice. To start, pro life arguments will be stated along with the writer’s opinions. Finally, the writer’s opinions on the subject following pro choice disputes.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Mother, Pro-choice]
1442 words (4.1 pages)
- Abortion: Be Pro-Life How would you feel if someone took away your ability to live without asking you. Babies don 't have a choice in their mother’s womb. If a woman decides to abort her baby, the baby can 't do anything about their life being taken away from them. Their whole future is gone. Abortion is wrong when committing it for a selfish reason. Abortion is and probably always will be a highly controversial issue in the United States. The procedure of an abortion has been legal in the country since 1973, the abortion rights battle continues on to this year of 2015.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Human rights, Abortion debate]
886 words (2.5 pages)
- Pro-Life or Pro-Choice. Out of numerous controversial subjects, the topic of abortion has made its way up the list of most talked about. By medical definition, an abortion is the termination of a pregnancy after, accompanied by, resulting in, or closely followed by the death of the embryo or fetus (“Abortion”). Among the controversy, two sides have formed. One side is known as pro-life and the other pro-choice. Pro-life supporters state that life beings at the moment of conception and believe that the unborn baby has the same rights as its mother.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Fertility, Fetus]
1679 words (4.8 pages)
- Abortion is the ending of a pregnancy before birth; it causes the termination of the embryo or fetus inside the women. There are two different types of abortion, a spontaneous abortion, which is also known as a miscarriage, and an induced abortion, where the embryo or fetus is purposely removed from the women’s body. The topic of induced abortion has been widely debated for hundreds of years. The issue of abortion was argued way back in the time of the ancient Hebrews. In the United States it became illegal around the mid 1800’s and not until the 1960’s was the argument for the right to abort brought back to the table.... [tags: Abortion, Argumentative, Pro-Choice]
1703 words (4.9 pages)
- Each year there is 44 million abortions in the world. Abortion first happened in the 1800s in Western Europe, it has been around in every corner of the world for the past years. Abortion became a “thing” to prevent suffering of the mother and her future child. After the 1800’s that 's when many people began to think of abortion as cruel and inhumane. After making abortion legal in the United States it became one of the most controversial issues ever. Due to abortion being one of the most controversial topics ever it has caused disagreements with the pro-life and pro-choice supporters.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Fetus, Childbirth]
971 words (2.8 pages)