One of the biggest controversies of all time has been abortion; countless people consider it sinful and even believe it to be murder. The definition of abortion is; “ the premature termination of pregnancy by spontaneous or induced expulsion of a nonviable fetus from the uterus.”(Dictionary.com). These pro-life believers (against open access to abortion) do not support the idea of encouraged abortion and aim for it to be illegal. Many of these supporters do not know that if abortion were illegal an uneducated staffs would still perform them, unfortunately. Approximately 70 thousand motherly deaths occur every year because of dangerous abortions. These women die, so the idea of supporting pro-life is contradictory, this shows why the nation should be pro-choice rather than pro-life.
Pro-choice believers support the right to privacy and the idea women should have the choice to do what she pleases with her own body. As an example; a woman is raped by a man and becomes pregnant with his child. She decides she doesn’t want to keep the baby; she has an abortion because the idea of raising a child of her rapist is too painful for her to cope with. Pro-choice defenders take sympathies to this woman while she then gets called a murderer by pro-life supporters. Abortions sometimes results in the woman being harassed because of the choice she has made about her own body. That’s what pro-life supports. Often time’s situations like this turns into harassment which can be considered to be part of anti-abortion violence1. These pro-life supporters stalk, threaten, and even sometimes kill women who have chosen to have an abortion and even the doctors that provide the procedures. Pro-life also supports the idea that every child has a ri...
... middle of paper ...
...agine that those abortions had not occurred with the current population issue in the world, there are over 7 billion people on the planet and we have limited resources which are depleting quickly. So in a strange way abortion is beneficial to the planet. Pro-life supporters do not see the situations, reasons, and benefits from abortions. They are ignorant to the reason why many women choose to make the decision they do. It is clear abortion should remain legal; even if it seems immoral it can often be the best situation for the people that have to make that tough decision. Pro-choice defends and protects the people, it is ultimately the woman’s life that would be affected and no one else’s, who would the government be to take that away from us the people? We live in a country based on freedoms, and women have and should continue to have the freedom to that choice.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ABORTION How could humans continue to exist on Earth. Is it right for a woman to terminate a pregnancy. Abortion is the termination of a pregnancy by removing a fetus before it can survive. It is a sensitive and controversial topic that relates to moral dilemmas. People have negative views, positive views and also moderate views toward this issue. Despite many disagreements, the women are the most disadvantaged because they are the ones having to face the moral dilemmas, mental and physical challenges.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Fertility, Birth control]
1481 words (4.2 pages)
- Is Their a Right Time for an Abortion. Should it be Legal. How Would It feel. Do you live in a civilised world, the thought of millions of individuals murdered every day across Britain is awful, I believe the world is going to drastically change over the next few years, there are way to many abortions taking place because of little care being used whilst having sexual intercourse, their taking it for granted that they are able to just be able to get an abortion, my writing shows that everyone has different opinions on abortions and every situation is different.... [tags: Abortion, Human rights, Pregnancy]
2277 words (6.5 pages)
- Each of us desires a small hint to what our futures may hold, but few desire the answer to come to them on a stick with two pink lines. An unexpected pregnancy has the potential to become the greatest blessing or an inconceivable challenge depending on the individual and her current place in life. Upon confirming an unexpected pregnancy, each female must evaluate what choice is the best for her and her potential child. Regardless of the decision one makes (whether it be abortion, adoption, or even starting a family) there are certain benefits and drawbacks that are bound to be a part of each.... [tags: Abortion Pro Choice Essays]
1647 words (4.7 pages)
- This paper will argue that those who advocate abortion do not actually advocate the termination of life, and in the near future artificial wombs could end the current moral debate on abortion. In order to understand this argument we need to break down the concept of abortion, or the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, into two currently linked yet intrinsically distinct concepts－extraction and termination. The right to abortion can be accepted as the right to not be pregnant, or the right to extraction.... [tags: Pregnancy, Fetus, Abortion, Uterus]
1443 words (4.1 pages)
- Globally, the practice of abortion terminates millions of pregnancies every year. In the United States alone, abortion “peaked in 1990 (1.6 million), and public support for abortion peaked soon thereafter”. This statistic was averaged to 1.3 million every year. Historically, two opposing groups have emerged in debates over abortion-the “Pro-life” and the “Pro-choice.” The main question is in the determination of whether a fetus is “human” or “nonhuman.” The pro-life camp believes that the fetus is a human from the moment of conception, and any attempt to remove an early pregnancy is simply an act of “murder”, and a denial of life to the helpless unborn.... [tags: Abortion, Pro Life Essays]
1918 words (5.5 pages)
- Laws of abortion have changed over the years. Many people argue about abortion, putting its legal status in a bind. Back in the early days, the 1800’s, the thought of abortion was absurd and it was illegal. People that support abortion are known as “pro-choice”, and believe that women have the right to decide if they want to terminate their pregnancy or not. Americans will have a brighter future if they encourage the legalization of abortion. Legalized abortion appears to be the reason for crime rates dropping 50 percent within the states.... [tags: crime rates, legal abortion]
681 words (1.9 pages)
- How could humans continue to exist on Earth. Is it right for a woman to terminate a pregnancy. Abortion is the termination of a pregnancy by removing a fetus before it can survive. It is a sensitive and controversial topic that relates to moral dilemmas. People have negative views, positive views and also moderate views toward this issue. Despite many disagreements, the women are the most disadvantaged because they are the ones having to face the moral dilemmas, mental and physical challenges. “When the topic of abortion is discussed, people tend to assume one of two standpoints: "pro-life” (they believe that women should not have the ability to abort a human life because it would constitute... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Fertility, Woman]
1434 words (4.1 pages)
- The topic of abortion is so important that candidates that run for president have to select between being pro-life or pro-choice. Abortion is when a women choose to terminate the fetus that is inside of her before 6 months of her pregnancy. This operation is usually performed by a doctor that can handle the procedure. Abortion has been around for a long time that you would think by now that everybody would have the same opinion on it. It was not until the 20th century that American states decided to banned abortion; it 's thanks to Roe V.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Fetus, Morality]
1176 words (3.4 pages)
- To date, abortion continues to be the most polarizing issue globally characterizing numerous activists and politicians’ arguments. The latter’s argument was quite evident in the recently concluded US Presidential campaigns where Hillary Clinton in her defense concerning the same contended based on her conscience and what women undergo; she supports to uphold Roe v. Wade case ruling that allows abortion on demand (Cauterucci, 2016). Hence, she assumes a pro-choice stand that includes wholly agreeing to abortion by implying carrying it out or not is more of a personal decision.... [tags: Abortion, Human rights, Pregnancy, Victim]
1038 words (3 pages)
- There is a long history for abortion. In ancient times, in Greece, abortion was allowed and not frowned upon; the only thing required was that the father of the woman be aware of it otherwise it meant death for the woman. In Rome too abortion was a normal practice, it was necessary in order to control the growing population in the city. Abortion was not seen as an immoral until the 4th century where the first regulation for abortion was made. In the 19th century, abortion was prohibited, the first anti abortion laws were passed in Britain.... [tags: Freedom of Choice, Pro-Choice Essays]
868 words (2.5 pages)