Having an abortion isn't what every woman wants, but what if it was in a situation where the woman was at harm during conceiving? This situation is known as Hard Case category meaning the woman is unfortunately raped either with incest or at harm meaning to force a woman to have sex in the outcome of a baby. If a woman is rapped and is pregnant, defiantly they should be allowed to have an abortion because it is with a person who has now caused psychological pain for this helpless victim. The definition of “Incest” is to have sex with members of one’s own family. In some cases not only in the united stated, incest happens in numerous families. Some willing others unwillingly, ...
... middle of paper ...
...God’s Name: Islamic Law, Authority and Women. Oxford: Oneworld Publications, 2001. Print.
• 1. (n.d.). http://thefatalfeminist.com/page/16/. Retrieved June 6, 2012, from http://thefatalfeminist.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/not-your-fucking-incubator.jpg?w=640
• The MinnesotaFamilyCouncil Alcorn, Randy. Pro-Life: Answers to Pro-Choice Arguments. Multnomah Books 1994. Messerli, Joe. “ShouldBe Banned(Except in Special Circumstances Like Saving the Mother’s Life)?” Balanced Politics 17 March 2007. “Legal Abortion: Arguments Pro & Con.” Westchester Coalition for Legal Abortion “Placing Children.” Adoption.com National Abortion Federation
• Tietze C and Henshaw SK. Induced Abortion: A World Review, 1986. New York: The Guttmacher Institute, 1986.
• The World Health Report 2005 - Make every mother and child count. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization, 2005.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Issue of Abortion: Pro-Choice or Pro-life. The murder of innocents or, a woman’s right to choose; the Pro-Life/ Pro-Choice Debate, Which side are you on. The issue of abortion has been a topic of interest not only in the medical world but also in the political and religious worlds as well. The pro-life argument states that at conception the fetus is a baby and terminating it is taking a life. The pro-choice argument states that the unborn fetus, not baby, is just a blob of tissue and your terminating a pregnancy not a child.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Pro-choice, Fetus]
1203 words (3.4 pages)
- All About Abortion “ Each year, nearly 1.2 million American women have an abortion to end a pregnancy.”(www.webmd.com) The personal and controversial topic that continue to be a debate in America. Abortion is one of the most controversial topics in today society. Many question should woman have the right to terminate her pregnancy, which is primarily known as abortion. Many argue that it is on humane to allow abortion, that abortion is almost like committing murder and not giving how the right to live.... [tags: Abortion, Pro-choice, Pregnancy, Childbirth]
1850 words (5.3 pages)
- Anderson brings up point after point to support his opinion on pro-choice abortion. Anderson writes about how the government should have no say in a woman’s decision to abort even if she is past the first trimester: “Pregnancy and motherhood affect every aspect of a woman’s life - public and private, emotional and physical - and Roe v. Wade confirmed that it was an invasion of privacy for the government to step in and make reproductive decisions on a woman’s behalf” (Anderson, 2015). Anderson explains how he believes a woman who decides to have an abortion does it because it will negatively affect their life in a way that will be changed forever.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Pro-choice, Fetus]
1310 words (3.7 pages)
- When it comes to abortion, what are your thoughts and beliefs. Each person’s response will fall under one of the three categories: pro-life, pro-choice, and pro-abortion. Mine however, falls under pro-choice. The simple definition of pro-choice is, believing that pregnant women should have the right to choose to have an abortion. You might be wondering why I am pro-choice and the reason is because I believe that a woman should be able to do what she wants with her body. Now, with that being said there is multiple reasons why a woman may consider abortion.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Abortion debate, Pro-choice]
1239 words (3.5 pages)
- Abortion is a very controversial subject that causes many people to acquire strong opinions. Numerous people are either for or against it and there are some who are in between. The question “are you pro-life or pro-choice?” always seems to come up around election time. All the candidates state their opinion on the subject and that seems to bring life back into the question. Not to say that there aren’t any organizations that try to either support or dissuade people from abortion day to day, but it is mainly brought up due to politics.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Pro-choice, Word]
978 words (2.8 pages)
- In the United States, about 1.2 million abortions are conducted each year for many different reasons (no). These reasons for abortion cases include rape or incest, inconvenience, health problems to either the infant or the mother, and being finically unstable. But, do these reasons justify the right or wrongness of abortions. The utilitarianism theory states that under certain circumstances that it is morally justified to have an abortion; the circumstances have to produce the overall greatest happiness for the most amount of people.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Fetus, Utilitarianism]
1797 words (5.1 pages)
- The topic of abortion is so important that candidates that run for president have to select between being pro-life or pro-choice. Abortion is when a women choose to terminate the fetus that is inside of her before 6 months of her pregnancy. This operation is usually performed by a doctor that can handle the procedure. Abortion has been around for a long time that you would think by now that everybody would have the same opinion on it. It was not until the 20th century that American states decided to banned abortion; it 's thanks to Roe V.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Fetus, Morality]
1176 words (3.4 pages)
- Abortion Many do not understand the abortion in today 's society. Dozens of human lives are being thrown away. Abortion is wrong because fetuses feel pain, life begins at conception, Abortion is murder, Abortions reduce the number of and adoptable babies, and Selective abortion based on genetic abnormalities is discrimination. Abortion is a tricky subject because there is really no middle ground, a person is for abortion, pro-choice, or against abortion, pro life, to fully understand abortion you have to know some of the statistics and background.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Fetus, Childbirth]
1369 words (3.9 pages)
- When you tell a toddler that they cannot have a cookie, even though they initially did not care about whether the toddler could consume the cookie, suddenly they cannot stop thinking about that cookie they can no longer have. This is a natural human response occurs in adults as well as children. So as you would expect, although 47% of women have declared themselves pro-choice (Saad "Americans Misjudge U.S. Abortion Views"), according to a study of average abortion rates in 2011, only 1.7% of women aged 15–44 had an abortion (Jones and Jerman "Abortion Incidence and Service Availability In the United States, 2011").... [tags: Abortion, Human rights, Roe v. Wade]
2312 words (6.6 pages)
- Abortion is one of the most controversial topic in the United States at the moment. Abortion is defined as the deliberate termination of a pregnancy, usually before the embryo or fetus is capable of independent life. Pro-life supporters believe that abortion is murder and No one should be able to decide whether who lives or dies. While pro- choice supporters believe that a woman has the choice on whether she want to give birth or not .If a woman is rape; a pro-life supporter believes that abortion is wrong with no exceptions including rape or if the mother’s life is endangered: the child’s right to life outweighs the mother’s right to her body.... [tags: Abortion, Roe v. Wade, Pregnancy, Human rights]
824 words (2.4 pages)