Windows 10 is a computer operating system that was made and introduced by the Microsoft Corporation (McGrath & Price, 2016). Windows 10 is one of the Windows NT operating systems. The operating software was introduced to the globe on September 2014. The release of the software to the users later followed on July 2015. The Microsoft Corporation made sure that the software was released for free to the various users of candid copies of Windows 7 and 8.1.
Upon release, the software received global praise for the various embedded applications that were more efficient when compared to the old versions. The user interface mechanics that included both touch and non-touch. The user interface was able to provide a desktop interface that was similar to other versions hence making it easy to use. Applications such as the Xbox Live, Cortina and the new edition of Internet Explorer called Edge were very new to the users a factor that saw the company gain a lot of praises (McGrath & Price, 2016).
The Microsoft Company later released the Windows 10 privacy policies to the customers. This factor faced a lot of critic from the software users. This is mainly because the software had been integrated to share the user’s private policy information such as contacts with the corporation. This happened after the Microsoft private policy statement that gave permission for the company to be able to access and disclose all personal data when they want to (McGrath & Price, 2016). The software also allowed embedded applications to be able to share the user’s location to the other users. Once the software was embedded in the system, it was able to delete all counterfeit that were not on the Microsoft list of genuine app...
... middle of paper ...
... given time the OneDrive suffers a data breach. Though the Microsoft Corporation has created a system where the operating system is able to generate the recovery (Pogue, 2015). This has been considered unsafe where various unknown users may be able to obtain the recovery keys of different users and use it for the malicious attempts.
In conclusion, the main issue on Windows 10 operating system has been generalized to have privacy issues that give the embedded features permission to be able to access private information without user’s awareness. The corporation does not grant detailed information as to why the software takes up personal data and information. This means that the operating system mainly takes control over personal data a factor that they need to change and grant the user freedom to use his or her device comfortable without fear of personal data exposure
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Windows 10 seems to have caused a lot of controversy with privacy and security concerns. This has not stopped the widespread of the operating system with over 76 million installs in the first 3 days. A lot of people are concerned with what Microsoft plan to do with their data and who has access to their data. Hopefully this article will help you form a better understanding of the security and privacy in Windows 10. Just like many new operating systems in the past, Windows 10 has had its fair share of bugs and issues.... [tags: Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows]
1040 words (3 pages)
- • Microsoft perhaps could develop programs targeting uplifting society that is in need of basic human rights such as education, safety and environment protection. This benefits the society in long run to develop professionals to create more technological innovations. • Microsoft could extend their current show room concept to customer and communities with a possible incorporation of a division for instance to take up Corporate Social Responsibility issues. • Make any law enforcement request open and engage 3rd party NGO to make sure a rigorous review followed and privacy is respected.... [tags: Sustainability, Renewable energy]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- Security Issues in Cloud Computing Introduction The first computer ENIAC was invented by Charles Babbage in 18th century. But the real technological advancement of the computers came with the invention of the first four bit microprocessor in 1971. From 1971 till date, in the span of these 40+ years many operating systems came into existence (such as Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows NT, Windows XP, Windows 7, Fedora, Mac, Redhat, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Solaris etc.), many programming languages and web languages came into existence ( such as C, CPP, JAVA, .NET, HTML, XML, DHTML, SQL, PLSQL etc.), and many Multi-National Companies came into existence(such as Wipro, Genpact, Apple, Goo... [tags: IT, Computer Science]
1875 words (5.4 pages)
- Budget: Microsoft has spent about 1.8 million dollars for promoting Windows 8. The estimated budget to solve the issues by migrating it to cloud and implementing other techniques would cost including both technical and non technical resources. When Windows 8 and surface was launched initially, Microsoft gave a high promoting; however, the organization has spent more for Windows 8.1. According to Winsupersite reports, around $241 million on retail Windows was spent by Microsoft. So, at present it is planning to spend around $405 million.... [tags: Operating system, Microsoft Windows, Windows Vista]
1846 words (5.3 pages)
- 1 System Software: The system software is installed on your device when you installed your current operating system. You can update the software by running programs such as "Windows Update" for Windows or "Software Update" for Mac OS X. Unlike application programs, however, system software is not meant to be run by the end user. For example, while you might use your Web browser every day, you probably have nothing to make much use of an assembler program (unless, of course, you are a computer programmer).... [tags: Operating system, Microsoft, Microsoft Windows]
859 words (2.5 pages)
Install Or Reinstall Vsksoft Software Help Repair Missing File Or File Not Found Problem Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- ... If you want to print the same document in another program, PDF for example, at this time too the same printer DLL file will be used. Api-ms-win-core-console-l1-1-0.dll is one of many sets of ApiSet Stub DLLs. It is preinstalled with Windows 7 x64 and as I mentioned earlier it is a small file so the file size is of 3 Kb only. By default, the location of this file is C:Windowssystem32downlevelapi-ms-win-core-console-l1-1-0.dll. Windows 7 announces a new set of dll files consisting of exported processes of dozens of well-known WIN32 APIs.... [tags: Microsoft Windows, Windows Vista]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- ... Windows is also in command of most PC’s and has a huge selection of commercial software. Windows is not as reliable as Linux because some of the user friendly things on Windows are making its security weak. It can also make a system more unpredictable. Linux is protected and you can also depend on it. It concentrates on uptime, process management and how secure the system is. There are a lot of programs available for Linux however, some software that a user may need to use is not compatible with Linux.... [tags: Microsoft, Operating system, Personal computer]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- Make the switch to Windows 10, or stick with windows 8. That shall be the big question, nonetheless, before making a decision, make sure to read up on each to see which one would be a better fit. Let us talk about some of the reasons why Windows 10 works best for me. Similar to other Windows versions, it gives the upgrade free with many new features. However, it loses a few features like the original start screen, and start screen. Choosing to switch, or not is not really a big decision to make.... [tags: Microsoft Windows, Windows Vista, Microsoft]
1035 words (3 pages)
- A computer file system described most simply is a process for organizing and storing computer data files. The file system, at the very least, must ensure that files are stored safely and are readily available for retrieval. At a minimum a file system must allow the operating system to write new files of data to the storage disk while at the same time protecting files previously stored, ensuring they do not get over written. And finally, a file system must make the stored files easy to find and quick to retrieve.... [tags: Software Microsoft ]
1352 words (3.9 pages)
- Microsoft There have been many arguments and issues that have been raised with the controversy over Microsoft and the U.S. Department of Justice’s claim against Microsoft and its founder Bill Gates of monopolistic practices in bundling its internet browser “Internet Explorer” into its popular Windows computer operating system. By doing this, Microsoft would effectively crush its competitors (it’s main rival being Netscape Navigator), and acquire a monopoly over the software that people use to access the Internet.... [tags: Windows Computers Technology Essays]
1909 words (5.5 pages)