1) Would it be okay if your AR Clerk, who handles receipts, also reconciles the bank statement at the end of the month? Why or why not?
No there should be separate responsibility for receipts and bank reconciliations. If the AR Clerk has access to both it is much easier for them commit fraud by altering the amount of the incoming receipts and then pocketing the difference. These functions should be handled by different people.
2) The company 's environment has two aspects. One is the external environment. Which of the following is not an external environment factor?
d. Tone at the Top
3) Name two methods that are commonly used to speed up the collection of receivables.
Two methods to speed up the collection of receivables are lockboxes and automatic clearinghouse transfer. Lockboxes offer faster availability of the funds, greater security over the remittance, a reduction in processing costs, greater reliability in deposit processing, and greater reliability in capturing necessary remittance data. Automatic clearinghouse transfer is a method for the commercial banks to exchange electronic payments without the high cost of Federal Reserve wires.
4) Match the description of the controls with the financial area the control would pertain to. (some matching items may be used more than once)
A - All check stock must be locked up when not in use.
A – Cash
B - Review all employee advances with the payroll and payables staff at least once per month.
C – Prepaid Expenses
C - Require approval of bad debt writeoffs.
B – Accounts Receivable
D - Audit shipment terms.
F - Inventory
E - Require approval of bad-debt writeoff.
B – Accounts Receivable
F- Review Uncashed ...
... middle of paper ...
...l, accounts payable, account receivable, budgeting, tax compliance, and various other analyses. The two roles I think I would enjoy working in is payroll and budgeting. Both of these areas focus on numbers. Working with numbers can be tedious but it something I have always enjoyed doing. With payroll I think the most challenging aspect will be dealing with special aspects of payroll like workmen’s compensations, healthcare benefits, and pension plans. I have always enjoyed making personal budgets and I think doing so for a company would be interesting. One challenge of budgeting is that it is time consuming especially with a large company. Both of these roles would probably require a degree in accounting or finances and strong math and computer skills. To perform these jobs, I would need to have a strong focus on accuracy. One wrong number can throw everything off.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Having worked for over ten years in the financial services industry, specifically banking, I have come to understand how greatly technology is important to the success of a bank, the realization stem from my experience in banking operations, product development and strategy. Currently as the deputy manager performance management and strategy group responsible for business strategy, product innovation and performance measurement within the bank, hence, my understanding of technology has made it possible for me to meet and surpass my job responsibilities and have place the bank as one of the leading e-banks in the industry and country.... [tags: Technology, Bank, business,]
646 words (1.8 pages)
- In simple words, Banking can be defined as the business activity of accepting and protection money owned by other individuals and entities, and then giving out this money in order to earn a profit. However, with the channel of time, the activities covered by banking business have widened and now various other services are also offered by banks. The banking services these days include issuance of debit and credit cards, providing safe custody of valuable items, lockers, ATM services and online transfer of funds across the country / world .In Lebanon there is two types of bank ,local bank and foreign bank.... [tags: Bank, Cheque, Finance, Financial services]
990 words (2.8 pages)
- As we are moving to the end of the course, we want to present you with the Federal Reserve System (Fed), which is the central bank of the USA. We are going to explore the roles of Fed in regularizing the economy, its function, and also the tools used in doing that. We will learn how central banks regulate the banking system and how they manage money supply in economies. We will also be presented to the financial crises lessons we can be able to understand the importance of the regulatory system; and then, we answering questions such as: 1.... [tags: Monetary policy, Central bank]
740 words (2.1 pages)
- CHAPTER VIII SOCIO-ECONOMIC DESIRABILITY The very nature and primary goal of businesses is to earn and maximize profit. However, every business is now sensitive to corporate social responsibility in which not only focuses the company itself, but also its various aspects. It is linked to concern for the continuous improvement and growth of the different community. Businesses and entities must also be viewed as a big contributor for the betterment of the economy and society as a whole. Thus, businesses partake in the responsibilities towards an improved and civilized economy.... [tags: Marketing, Economics, Social responsibility]
927 words (2.6 pages)
- European bankers believe that any activity the bank has certain risks, dealing with credit risk with customers in the operation of the market price risk and exchange rate risk, even if dealing with different customers, different funding deal, only the House work, or are there operational risk, the employer of moral hazard, the bank can do is to manage risk, how to identify risks, how to identify risks,to determine the size of the risk and spread risk, and to prevent risks to provide appropriate protection.... [tags: Commercial Bank Risk management effectiveness]
1235 words (3.5 pages)
- Compare and contrast the primary education system in England/the UK with that of ONE country of your choice. Educational system can be said to be effective, from my point of view: it can be very effective to be in place. The structure, quality, subject taught, funding and etc. are all part of the system for bringing an individual closer to perfection. It is proven to be effective as the system of education is being reviewed from time to time by the governing body. “Is what we do as individual to ourselves and what others do for us that bring us closer to perfection for our nature” (Durkheim, 1956).... [tags: School, Primary school, Primary education]
1096 words (3.1 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Banking in India originated in 18th century. The General Bank and The Bank of Hindustan were among the first banks to be set up. State Bank Of India is the oldest bank of the country. Then in 1935 the Reserve Bank of India was established. A step ahead were taken when all the major banks were nationalised in 1969 by the Government of India . Oudh Commercial Bank was the first entirely Indian joint stock bank set up in 1881 in Faizabad .Due to its failure in 1958, Punjab National Bank wsa set up in Lahore in 1894.... [tags: Bank, Cheque, Fractional-reserve banking]
1101 words (3.1 pages)
- Introduction It is widely understood from the communication research that organisations are gradually having their corporate websites to deliver corporate identity through their strategic use of information and message. The corporate identity through the strategic use of information in the website depicts the organizational image that imply their commitment to the ethical practices and social responsibility. So, this essay will study on two corporate websites on how they communicate their identity through their message and information delivery.... [tags: Social responsibility]
1746 words (5 pages)
- Corporate social responsibility ‘Corporate social responsibility’ (CSR) means that the firm has wider responsibilities in relation to objectives and people apart from the owners or shareholders (Beal and Goyen 2005). These responsibilities are achieved when the firm adapts all of its practices to ensure that it operates in ways that meet, or exceed, the ethical, legal, commercial and public expectations that society has of business. Objectives often associated with CSR include a responsibility to manage natural assets sustainably and not to pollute by chemical discharge, smell, noise, dust or other irritants; fair treatment of employees and ethical attitude towards clients.... [tags: Social Responsibility Essays]
1352 words (3.9 pages)
- Problem Solution: USA World Bank United World Bank (UWB) has experienced success in numerous worldwide ventures but is in need of developing profitable new products to expand market share. Some form of descriptive statistics is needed in order for them to be successful in organizing, summarizing accurately and presenting correct data to the board members. This paper will outline how UWB can use research and statistical concepts to help frame the right problem, define end state goals, identity alternatives and potential risks, and make the best business decision by implementing appropriate solutions.... [tags: Bank Strategy Analysis Statistics]
1660 words (4.7 pages)